Are There Any Herbal Or Fruit Teas That Ray Peat Approves?

freal

Probably not hibiscus because of the iron and he mentioned about the oriental teas. But what about any fruit tea or rose hips tea?

chris

Re: Are there any herbal or fruit teas that Ray Peat approve

I personally have never heard him talk about them.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Me either.

Beebop

I thought Milk Thistle was ok? Ginger is ok and has some anti-serotonin actions. Cinnamon is not too bad, vanilla is good.
You could make your own.

I used to drink herb teas but I would take in too much liquid if I did now.

Licorice is estrogenic and most spice teas have it in there because it's so sweet, so making your own would be a good idea.

Another thought - rose petal tea might be ok. IIRC rose water is safe.

OP
F

freal

Rose tea???? Rose water??? Is rose tea=rose hips tea???

I am from europe and I havent seen neither rose tea,ginger tea or vanilla tea. Only green tea with vanilla flavor. Weird. Vanilly tea actually exists or did you mean green tea with vanilla flavor.

There are green and black tea with dozen flavors, chamomile, peppermint, lemongrass,hibiscus,rose hips,spearmint, dried lemon,orange,apple,various berriescurrently in our stores. Is anything of this safe

Ill ask Ray Peat about safe teas.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

freal said:
Ill ask Ray Peat about safe teas.

Please let us know what he says. :hattip

Beebop

By rose tea I mean tea made with rose petals (and nothing else).

I only meant the ingredients I listed. You could make your own tea by putting ginger, vanilla seeds and a cinnamon stick in a cup. With honey, would be nice!

jaguar43

freal said:
Probably not hibiscus because of the iron and he mentioned about the oriental teas. But what about any fruit tea or rose hips tea?

He writes good things about ginseng in mind and tissue.

OP
F

freal

Ray Peat reply:

"Black tea with milk is safe, but much of it now has additives to increase the red color. Green tea, and natural chamomile and hibiscus are o.k."

He said nothing about rose hips which i specifically asked and probably knows nothing about it like most Americans I suspect since this is more of a german beverage.

Only thing thats weird is he probably does not now about all that iron in hibiscus, one cup has whooping 20mg of iron?!?!?
" http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/hibi ... 19028.html "

Mittir

freal said:
Only thing thats weird is he probably does not now about all that iron in hibiscus, one cup has whooping 20mg of iron?!?!?
" http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/hibi ... 19028.html "

That is a very shocking number. They got their info from USDA, they are not always reliable.
USDA got their info from this publication
The two varieties of sorrel calyces are promising sources of iron (800.67--833.00 mg/100 g)
---
http://link.springer.com/article/10.102 ... 0.80938.53

There two other sources that measured iron content of Hibiscus Tea.

Roselle flower tea was prepared by packing 4,000 mg of dry ground roselle flower in a tea bag and soaked with 480 ml of hot distilled water RFT ......RFT contains 0.6 mg of iron and 1.28 mg of manganese content.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16858935

Another study found about 11 mg of iron per 100 gram and 200 mg of manganese per 100 grams.
These value are close to RFT ( Rosella Flower Tea, it is also called hibiscus tea).
http://link.springer.com/article/10.138 ... 78:1-3:271

HIbiscus tea is a good source of manganese and i think there is a typo in the first study. May be
they wanted to write 8 mg per 100 grams or 80 mg per 100 grams, not 800 mg.

Amazoniac

You may think that finding a comprehensive list of medicinal plants and screening for terms such as 'holy' or 'sacred' would guarantee not only a remarkable therapeutic effect for your condition, but that the quality is going to be up to a the par with the purity that the name alludes: dangerous assumption, we know what should be done.
Consumers are far more judicious in their fresh produce selection than dry. For some reason people assume that dehydration holy foods regardless of their former condition; so pesticides, germs (as resistant spores for example), and defects (spoiled parts) stop being a concern after the wards.

- Contaminants of medicinal herbs and herbal products
If you're in the mood for imaginary concerns, check these out:
- The Microbial Quality Aspects and Decontamination Approaches for the Herbal Medicinal Plants and Products: An in-Depth Review
- Microbial contamination of select dietary supplements
- Are dietary supplements containing plant-derived ingredients safe microbiologically?
- Microbial contamination in herbal medicines: a serious health hazard to elderly consumers
- Regulatory compliance of herbal medicines – A review
- Residues and contaminants in medicinal herbs—A review
- Quality of herbal medicines: Challenges and solutions

Archon

You may think that finding a comprehensive list of medicinal plants and screening for terms such as 'holy' or 'sacred' would guarantee not only a remarkable therapeutic effect for your condition, but that the quality is going to be up to a the par with the purity that the name alludes: dangerous assumption, we know what should be done.

If you're in the mood for imaginary concerns, check these out:
- The Microbial Quality Aspects and Decontamination Approaches for the Herbal Medicinal Plants and Products: An in-Depth Review
- Microbial contamination of select dietary supplements
- Are dietary supplements containing plant-derived ingredients safe microbiologically?
- Microbial contamination in herbal medicines: a serious health hazard to elderly consumers
- Regulatory compliance of herbal medicines – A review
- Residues and contaminants in medicinal herbs—A review
- Quality of herbal medicines: Challenges and solutions
great post, any tldr opinion you matured?

[Are orange blossom, rose water, saffron and hibiscus tea safe/beneficial?]

"I think they are safe; I have enjoyed all of them at different times. Hibiscus tea is recognized as a treatment for high blood pressure, and saffron has been used successfully for treating many problems." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals