Are the drops I’m using for lowering IOP dangerous?

ThisWorld

I've been prescribed two kinds of eye medications for lowering IOP - cosopt and monoprost.

Cosopt has two active ingredients - dorzolamide hydrochloride (ophthalmic carbonic anhydrase inhibitor) and timolol maleate (beta blocker).

As far as I understand - dorzolamide hydrochloride is good because it reverses the hydration/dehydration of CO2/HCO3. Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors are apparently anti-cancerous, good for the brain and heart, and goes hand in hand with aspirin. But timolol maleate, which is a beta1 and beta2 (nonselective) adrenergic receptor blocking agent, is a bad since it reduces cardiac output and blocks adrenaline in the receptor level rather than inhibiting all together. Aren’t the active ingredients contradicting each other?

Monoprost has only one active ingredient – latanoprost (prostaglandin analogue)

As far as I understand - latanoprost binds to prostaglandin receptor PGF2α, the type of prostaglandin which is administered to women for abortion or inducing labor. PGF2α increases protein synthesis and bodybuilders use it for localized muscle growth by injecting it to specific muscles. Prostaglandin ages the brain by restricting glucose metabolism and aspirin apparently mitigates its side-effects.

I use cosopt in both eyes every morning after waking up and late evening before going to sleep. I use monoprost only once each day before going to sleep on the eye which has optical nerve damage. I’ve been on these drugs for 6ish years and I’m below the age of 30. The only visible side effect I’ve had is longer and dense eye-lashes (more on the eye I use monoprost on) and fat cell death causing deeper set of eye on the eye I use monoprost on. It looks like the only active ingredients which is peaty is dorzolamide hydrochloride, while the rest are anti-peat.

My questions are:

- Should I continue using these drops to prevent high IOP and mitigate potential systemic side effects by using aspirin?

- Is the dosages (50 µg/mL latanoprost, 22.26 mg/mL dorzolamide hydrochloride and 6.83 mg/mL timolol maleate) so low that I don’t even need to worry and keep using them without giving any afterthought?

- Or is this very bad and I should immediately consult with my eye doctor and convince him to prescribe me something more peaty? If that’s the case – what do you guys recommend?

Spartan300

I'm using cosopt and bimataprost which is another prostaglandin so also keen to hear any qualified views.

I'd rather not be using them but wouldn't risk not using them.
Might be coincidental but my hypo symptoms seem to correlate from a timing perspective to starting these medications. However the discovery of the IOP issues was only one of a few sources of stress which emerged around the same time.

Haidut once stated that high IOP was correlated to high pufa status but restrictions I've made in that department over the last 6 years don't seem to have had any effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals