Are the anti-infective effects of Vitamin A due to light?

Glace

Background: Our cells are generally full of structured water, called "exclusion zone" or "EZ" water by Gerald Pollack, because practically all solutes are pushed out of the EZ water. If you aren't familiar with the idea, Gerald Pollack has two TEDx talks on YouTube that serve as a good introduction. The idea is that a cell hold a particular conformation of proteins at rest, and a chain reaction of folding allows to perform a function, then energy is required to return to the resting state. Ray has made the connection that resting cells are quiescent, and cells stuck in the excited state (which estrogen promotes) tend to use the primitive glycolytic metabolism, rapidly divide (as in cancer), and are vulnerable to infection.

I think the nature of being in a structured state makes cells resistant to infections. Think about Jello—when it's firm, something could perhaps grow on the outside, but if you let it melt, bacteria could access all the sugar and protein.

What stood out to me is an experiment Gerald Pollack did that found simple light—particularly red light—expands the EZ zones without any biological input. The idea I wanted to propose in this thread is that Vitamin A captures energy from ambient light and supports structuring the water in our cells. The classical view is that Vitamin A is anti-infective because it is required for differentiation because it binds to RXR in the cell nucleus, allowing genes to be expressed; this would be necessary for various cells in the immune system to differentiate and fight the infection. This may vey well be part of the effect, but explanations that involve binding to receptors are, I think, usually cop-out answers that obfuscate deeper effects. If Vitamin A support cell structure, and structure and function are intimately related, then we don't need to use "receptors" to explain Vitamin A supporting differentiation. Furthermore, the very state of a structure cell could explain the anti-infective properties of Vitamin A. Here are some points of evidence that would suggest Vitamin A is more than a receptor ligand:

∙ Winter is the flu season. Classically this has been explained by lower Vitamin D levels, but Vitamin D supplement trials are generally disappointing. I think Vitamin D is a positive factor in general health, but it is only peripherally involved in immunity.
∙ Vitamin A is broadly, though weakly, protective against infections. This is consistent with Vitamin A being supportive of cellular structure, but light is the limiting factor during the winter.
∙ Red light itself has broad, but poorly-quantified, anti-infectious effects. It makes sense that researchers would come up with various different mechanisms of how red light is protective, since they are trained in the "cytosol soup" paradigm.
∙ Obviously, the Vitamin A family is sensitive to light. In the eye, this is used for vision. But when Vitamin A absorbs energy from light in any other part of the body, what is the energy used for? Mainstream science would say that only specific Vitamin A forms react to light; this is unsatisfactory to me.

For more information about the anti-infective effects of structured water, see the adamantane thread.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find satisfactory experiments to prove or disprove this, but I think the evidence tends to point in a particular direction. I'd like to hear any thoughts on this. Also, if anybody has any bright ideas on how you could test this at home, let me know.

Attachments

• 1675019400409.png
    1675019400409.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1675019461589.png
    1675019461589.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 12

miquelangeles

What would you want to test? Vitamin A is known to be an electron carrier or electron transfer agent. Retinoids and carotenoids are chromophores used for energy conversion in nature. But many substances react to light and release electrons. Short wavelengths with higher frequencies (blue and ultraviolet) release more and faster particles. The sun is the source of all electricity in the solar system and our atmosphere is full of it. Another reason why flu epidemics happen in winter is because the atmosphere has different electrical properties, it is missing the highly energizing UV rays that are blocked by the ozone layer when sunlight comes at a consistently low angle. UV light generates negative ions in the air both directly as well as released by the surfaces it reaches. Shining UV light on a conductive metal like aluminum, copper or silver generates negative air ions.
Pollack showed that exposing water to low frequency electric fields (such as those in residential buildings) turn it into EZ water.
EMF fields from the walls do have some benefits contrary to what people believe, they are basically a form of PEMF therapy (although it is difficult to estimate the ‘dosage’). There are beneficial effects induced in tissues but they may have a disorganizing effect on the brain fields.
So we can get our electrons in multiple ways - food, air, light, cosmic rays, water, grounding, magnets, manmade electric and magnetic fields etc

OP
Glace

Glace

What would you want to test?
Something directly observing it's effects on structured water. For example, recreate the Pollack experiment in the first picture I posted, and repeat with some Vitamin A in the solution, see if it gets bigger in comparison. I think this wouldn't be too hard to do except that you might need a microscope.

Then if you wanted to test the effect of cell structure on pathogens, you could do something in vitro, perhaps controlling structure with various types of radiation, and then introduce some bacterial strain known to infect that type of tissue and compare the difference groups.