Are Some Antibiotics Anabolic?

T

TheBeard

Whenever I take azithromycin or amoxicillin, my energy levels are higher, I gain weight rapidly and my muscles fill out my shirts like crazy. Workouts are a lot easier too.
As soon as I discontinue the antibiotics, my muscles are way flatter after just 24h

2 things:

- either they limit endotoxins in such a way that I absorb my food better

- they exert direct anabolic effect

But wouldn’t the bacteria killing effect allow me to feel good for more than 24h after discontinuation? I mean it takes more than 24h for bacteria to grow again and cause fatigue...

Frankdee20

They have significant anti inflammatory properties as well, consider this also.

tankasnowgod

Whenever I take azithromycin or amoxicillin, my energy levels are higher, I gain weight rapidly and my muscles fill out my shirts like crazy. Workouts are a lot easier too.
As soon as I discontinue the antibiotics, my muscles are way flatter after just 24h

2 things:

- either they limit endotoxins in such a way that I absorb my food better

- they exert direct anabolic effect

But wouldn’t the bacteria killing effect allow me to feel good for more than 24h after discontinuation? I mean it takes more than 24h for bacteria to grow again and cause fatigue...

I don't think they are anabolic, but likely anti-catabolic. Apparently, building muscle has a lot more to do with limiting the catabolic effects of things like cortisol. I don't doubt that a reduction in serotonin and endotoxin could be responsible for the effects you see. After all, the strongest androgens generally have weak muscle building effects. Haidut discussed the difference here- Structural Requirements For An Optimal Anti-Catabolic Steroid

Dobbler

Endotoxin is highly catabolic to every organ so if your colon and small intestine are clean it's very good.

Mauritio

as @tankasnowgod said its more important have and anti-GR effect for muscle building... so its more anti-catabolism than antagaonism
thats important . Reducing endotoxin leads to more progesterone and lower estrogen. Progesterone does have these anti-GR effects! So your anabolic effects could stem from that.

BTW I also experienced those effects not from the antiobiotcs that I tried( doxy,mino, and amoxicillin) ,but from the Bacteriophages that I took for a several months . IIRC there was also another forum member who reported anabolic effects from the phages

OP
T

TheBeard

as @tankasnowgod said its more important have and anti-GR effect for muscle building... so its more anti-catabolism than antagaonism
thats important . Reducing endotoxin leads to more progesterone and lower estrogen. Progesterone does have these anti-GR effects! So your anabolic effects could stem from that.

BTW I also experienced those effects not from the antiobiotcs that I tried( doxy,mino, and amoxicillin) ,but from the Bacteriophages that I took for a several months . IIRC there was also another forum member who reported anabolic effects from the phages

Thanks for the input.

Can you please direct me towards which phage product worked for you?

I remember trying them once and the only effect I had from them was a constant stream of pre-cum all day long, not very pleasant.

Mauritio

Ok. that sounds weird. I think I tried 3 different products and they are all the same pahges though I got super different results for some reason. The best one was this one :
Sunwarrior, Probiotics, 30 Vegan Capsules

It also contains peat approved probiotcs like B.subtilis

But i must add : the life extension one was also fine...

Last edited:

Inaut

I have b subtilis spore. Could I culture it using anything other then beans for steady production?

Frankdee20

Do these probiotics actually colonize the gut and survive the elements ?

Doxy is anabolic and strength enchanting for me. On doxy I have 10 kg more in bench press and squats. And I recover a lot easier from much more demanding workouts. I'm seriously considering staying forever on doxy.

I have b subtilis spore. Could I culture it using anything other then beans for steady production?

I wouldn't. With beans there are no known toxic compounds as a result of fermentation. At least no acute toxicity. Long term who knows. But if you use another substrate it is a Russian roulette. For example some fermented coconut products could contain some extra powerful DEADLY respiration inhibitors.
Bongkrek acid - Wikipedia

It uncouples you forever.

Mauritio

Doxy is anabolic and strength enchanting for me. On doxy I have 10 kg more in bench press and squats. And I recover a lot easier from much more demanding workouts. I'm seriously considering staying forever on doxy.
Intersting. I dont have that anabolic feeling on doxy I do on the phages though...

How much doxy do you take?
If you decide to stay on it for forever I think 20-40 mg would be wise. At least you wouldn't develope a tolerance at that dosage and also get the anti-inflammatory benefits of it.

200 mg of doxy is an initial dose and after 100 mg every 12 hours.

Mauritio

So you take like 300-400mg per day ? Thats a little high to take for forever in my opinion...
Is the effect that different from 100mg ?

No you didn't get it. You take your first dose 200 mg only once at day first. And after you keep stable concentration by taking 100 mg every 12 hours. It is standart acne protocol for doxy. Any dermatologist is familiar with it.

I think it's right to call antibiotics not anabolic but growth promoters. As they call it in farming industry.

Mauritio

No you didn't get it. You take your first dose 200 mg only once at day first. And after you keep stable concentration by taking 100 mg every 12 hours. It is standart acne protocol for doxy. Any dermatologist is familiar with it.
And You want to stay on that dosage possibly forever ?

I'm thinking about how to implement it right and safe. Pros and cons.

OP
T

TheBeard

Ok. that sounds weird. I think I tried 3 different products and they are all the same pahges though I got super different results for some reason. The best one was this one :
Sunwarrior, Probiotics, 30 Vegan Capsules

It also contains peat approved probiotcs like B.subtilis

But i must add : the life extension one was also fine...

Unfortunately probiotics give me SIBO.
That’s why I jumped on antibiotics in the first place, so get rid of the SIBO

OP
T

TheBeard

I get a great feeling and great results on doxy as well, only reason why I discontinued it and replaced it with azithromycin is because of its light-sensitizing properties.

I would burn like crazy in the sun

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals