Are Pufas Harmful In The Short Term?

lvysaur

Peat abstains from PUFAs because a buildup of them is harmful, but are there any immediate negative effects from having a high PUFA meal?

I ask because I do not notice any at all, at least in the short term. On the other hand, I feel the estrogenic effects of a fibrous meal (particularly with leafy greens) minutes after I eat it.

DaveFoster

It depends on the PUFA.

Corn oil stimulates cellular respiration in the short-term; Peat says this is because it "damages mitochondria."

Something like fish oil would temporarily suppress the immune system.

skycop00

Even if you avoid PUFA from food, don't we naturally produce them in WBC proliferation? Ex: Omega-3 fatty acids – omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat (or PUFA) that is known to increase heart health and elevate the activity of phagocytes, a type of white blood cells that protect you from foreign bacteria. Omega-3 PUFAs are found mainly in fatty fish like trout, herring, and salmon, but also in walnuts and flaxseed. Studies have shown that PUFAs significantly increased white blood cell counts in women on a controlled diet.

Even if you avoid PUFA from food, don't we naturally produce them in WBC proliferation? Ex: Omega-3 fatty acids – omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat (or PUFA) that is known to increase heart health and elevate the activity of phagocytes, a type of white blood cells that protect you from foreign bacteria. Omega-3 PUFAs are found mainly in fatty fish like trout, herring, and salmon, but also in walnuts and flaxseed. Studies have shown that PUFAs significantly increased white blood cell counts in women on a controlled diet.

:confused:

tara

Ex: Omega-3 fatty acids – omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat (or PUFA) that is known to increase heart health and elevate the activity of phagocytes, a type of white blood cells that protect you from foreign bacteria. Omega-3 PUFAs are found mainly in fatty fish like trout, herring, and salmon, but also in walnuts and flaxseed. Studies have shown that PUFAs significantly increased white blood cell counts in women on a controlled diet.
Did you read this:
The Great Fish Oil Experiment

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals