Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Are Ice Creams Safe Even Though Label Says "may Contain Traces Of Nuts"

Discussion in 'Sweets, Snacks' started by Dobbler, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Dobbler

Dobbler Member

Seems like most ice creams have that annoying label. I found very good fully organic ice cream with only "non peaty" ingredient being egg yolks. But ofc it "may contain nuts" , so are these foods safe to eat and how big chance there is that there is actually nuts in them?

2. ilikecats

ilikecats Member

I think Ray eats Haagen das ice cream and they don’t use that warning on the label. Those warnings are always a warning sign to me when picking foods out because it usually means there not really doing their due diligence and it’s often a sign of an over all Lack of quality. A lot of mediocre food products have that disclaimer.

3. Aymen

Aymen Member

yes, may contain doesn't mean that they contain nuts, if it contains then the amount is very negligible, read the label maybe you find some gums in it.

4. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

In the US it’s required by law for manufacturers to declare any of the top 8 most common allergens. It’s to protect them from a lawsuit in the event that someone with a nut allergy went into anaphylactic shock. I wouldn’t worry about it if you don’t have a nut allergy.

5. OP
    Dobbler

Dobbler Member

No gums.

I think the quality is better than most ice creams because all the ingredients are organic , milk, cream , even the sucrose. Hard to tell how many nuts each batch has.. 1 or 10 or 0 ... Im not allergic to nuts .

6. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I believe the “may contain” disclaimer just means that the manufacturer uses shared equipment to make ice cream that contains nuts and ice cream that doesn’t so there’s a chance of cross contamination. Manufacturers should wash down the equipment between runs but there is always a chance someone who is highly sensitive could react. I only know this from doing lots of research when I was first diagnosed with celiac.

7. Stramonium

Stramonium Member

I don´t think it actually contains a significant amount, at least not to the point of causing and allergic reaction or something like that