Are Fullerenes The Most Life-extending Substance Known So Far?

youngandold

A study has shown that C60 fullerenes in olive oil extended mice lifespan by about 90%.

Other chemicals like metformin, phenytoin, rapamycin and selegiline have only extended lifespan by about 20%.

Are there newer studies on some other chemicals beating fullerenes?
Are there other chemicals/drugs with at least 50% lifespan extension?

squanch

mujuro

Just browsing the wiki page and it claims that C60 fullerenes inhibit three NO synthase isoforms. Methylene blue does this, to a limited degree, and we know it delays cellular senescence. Interesting.

Victor Halioua

I am waiting for my order of methylene blue to arrive. Meanwhile I read about Lipofullerenes or C60 and was intrigued by the research so I ordered it today.Now I'm wondering if there are any contraindications between the two substancesides. Any feedback is appreciated.

Libor33

C60 is indeed a very interesting material. I would be careful with getting it into my system (it is gonna get everywhere), but I also pretty firmly believe, that it has many very good effects on human body. If you wanna learn something more about material itself, try this page. There are many interesting info. Not much about effects of its digestion though.

SOMO

Might try this since Methylene Blue gives me a headache every time I use it.

burtlancast

Garlic extends lifespan by 20%

Also , Buckyballs cause brain damage in fish

"Initially, the hydrophobicity of C60 (water solubility <10-9mg/L) was thought to limit its interactions with biological systems and oral administration, skin application, or injection of C60 in rats and other cellsystems revealed no acute toxicity. However, once C60 is introduced into water (either via solvents or by extensive stirring) it forms stable nanoscale suspended aggregates known as fullerene water suspensions (FWS) or nC60 and becomes biologically active. nC60 is highly toxic to eukaryotic cell lines, Daphnia magna and fish."

Last edited:

Tiffany

Garlic extends lifespan by 20%

" once C60 is introduced into water (either via solvents or by extensive stirring) it forms stable nanoscale suspended aggregates known as fullerene water suspensions (FWS) or nC60 and becomes biologically active. nC60 is highly toxic to eukaryotic cell lines, Daphnia magna and fish."

Probably not a great idea to use DMSO if consuming C60. Someone ought to spread the word since a lot of alternative health researchers and self experimentoers use DMSO.

GutFeeling

C60PurplePower In Coconut Oil

Haidut: I don't think fullerene (C60) has anything to offer beyond what Diamant can do. Both are basically highly stable, fully saturated carbon structures and seem to stabilize the cell and protect it against stressors and toxins. Sep 23, 2017

WesG

Probably not a great idea to use DMSO if consuming C60. Someone ought to spread the word since a lot of alternative health researchers and self experimentoers use DMSO.

I recently started using both. I'm not sure I understand how DMSO makes c60 dangerous. Please explain.

Tiffany

No interactions with C60?
going back to: "once C60 is introduced into water (either via solvents or by extensive stirring) it forms stable nanoscale suspended aggregates known as fullerene water suspensions (FWS) or nC60 and becomes biologically active. nC60 is highly toxic to eukaryotic cell lines," DMSO is a solvent

Whichway?

going back to: "once C60 is introduced into water (either via solvents or by extensive stirring) it forms stable nanoscale suspended aggregates known as fullerene water suspensions (FWS) or nC60 and becomes biologically active. nC60 is highly toxic to eukaryotic cell lines," DMSO is a solvent

DMSO is also absorbed across the skin and can be used to carry medications across with it. So I would assume that it could make C60 able to be carried across the skin barrier and get it in contact with living cells, which it is then going to be toxic too.

Inaut

Bump. Anybody drinking shungite water and if so, do you notice any benefits?