Are Dates Safe?

GelatinGoblin

Takeaway should probably be not to mix Dates with Starch. Sadly yes they are Serotogenic and Estrogenic to some extent. Probably best combo is Orange Juice, Medjool Dates, 1+ liter Heated 3% or full fat Milk, and a Carrot with Coconut Oil... Mmm... Only problematic thing is that only 33 grams of Protein (with decently bad amounts of Tryptophan) and like what, 170 grams of Sugar? Sounds like Serotonin City. Ideally maybe... Coffee? Although the answer is probably all that, plus some Gelatin from a broth... Now that's something nice, sounds just beautiful :))) Now to explain this to my parents.

VitoScaletta

Even if dates indeed turn out to have some inhibitors of carbohydrate digestion, it shoudln't matter much, since, at least regarding medjool dates, most of the carbs are monosaccharides, that is, free glucose and free fructose, so they are ready to be absorbed. Very little of those carbs is sucrose. And the ratio of glucose to fructose is slightly in favour of glucose, so carbohydrate absorption should happen just fine.
It seems the related carbohydrate digestion markers studied are only relevant in breaking down Starch... So Sucrose digestion shouldn't be affected anyways

jet9

Funny that they are supposedly good for constipation. I have never had constipation in my life until I started eating dates. I still eat them but I have to be careful that I don't eat too many in one go. 3-4 here and there seems fine.
Same experience, have problem going today after eating 8-10 dates (fresh) yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom