Are blackheads the same as acne?

cout12

I'm wondering because I can keep acne in check by eating a lot of carrots, vitamin A, B and zinc, but for some reason blackheads don't really go away.

I'm wondering if I should just up my dose of vitamin A and B even more (I already get like 300% to 1000% of the daily recommendations for all vitamins), or just accept the fact that I'll always have blackheads?

The thing is if I eat only meat/fish and vegetables for a few months the blackheads will go away, I'm guessing probably from the easy digestion and high amount of vitamins. But this kind of diet has many disadvantages like being tired all the time.

My digestion feels pretty good if I eat carrots all the time, but I'm guessing it's not since I have this problem.

Aussiepopeye

The are different types of acne. Blackheads are known as open comedones, follicles with a wider than normal opening. They are filled with plugs of sebum and old cells that have had a chemical change wi me login which is why they get the black colour. They are seperate to white heads as they are closed.

docall18

The only thing i found that really helped blackheads was topical zinc oxide. I use the powder in a little aloe vera or a high ZnO suncream.

Zinc is a 5AR inhibitor and DHT is the main cause of blackheads.

north

Ray writes about this in rosacea article.
He names endotoxin as a source for disrupted oxidative metabolism causing this. Also names some vitamins and substances for oxidative metabolism such as riboflavin.

If u benefit from low carb diet maybe it is from lower endotoxin?

Vita3

Many people have blackheads, some of them less visible. I do also try to get rid of them.
Someone here posted, that eating starches especially white potatoes help with blackheads.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals