Are Anabolic Steroids That Bad?

m_arch

The world isn't black or white, don't trust people dealing in extremes. Claiming that androgens have 0 effect on hair loss is absurdly hypocritical. If that was true, finasteride would be literally 0% effective, in fact it actually increases estrogen because it goes unopposed by the lowered DHT, yet it has worked for plenty of people and it would be known by now that it has 0 effectiveness.

My opinion is that both high levels of estrogen and androgen may participate in the process, along with external factors like nitric oxide, low vitamin D and high stress. There are plenty of studies out there, just google "androgen prostate cancer" and you'll see many of the mechanisms used by estrogen to promote prostate cancer that are also shared by DHT/androgens. From observing the general population, I find that it's the combination of high androgens + estrogen that is the most probable profile, whereas low test high estrogen men, and high test low estrogen men are less likely to be. also people consuming high glycemic index food like the jews have a lot more baldies.

Every single time, cutting out a man's androgens production will halt hair loss. But hey they have nothing to do with it, it's all estrogen, that's why a lot of women bald too !
You make a good point.

Its interesting, i've been watching this tv series "the flash" (yes, its cheesy as and i'm a nerd for watching it), where the main character barry allen is played by this guy:
13a3369a9609eb2c.jpg

Interestingly this guy doesn't look THAT masculine. It was a joke in the show that he was baby-faced. He has an angled face with sharp features (masculine), he's also tall and skinny (arguable masculine build - i'd say. guess it depends on heritage) but clearly he has no facial hair and the hairline of a 10 year old boy or female.

This guy is very lean - i'm guessing that means his estrogen is super low. Maybe his androgens are low too? I guess then if men have both low estrogen and androgens - you can achieve an even thicker mane than a woman (who will naturally have higher estrogen).

Obviously genetics come into play too - for some it will be impossible, like trying to be an olympic swimmer if you're 5"4. But we can own what we have and maximize it as best we can

OP
TheHound

TheHound

What's your motivations/reasoning to take steroids?

the gainzzzz mannnn. lol. just kidding. I'm just curious to see how big I can be. some might say it's a shortcut but I'd want to enjoy being big(ger) while I'm still young

Fractality

I've considered running just one AAS cycle to help max out my lean mass. Ideally, I wouldn't inject the toxic carrier oils. I would use MCT oil or use it topically.

Drareg

Drareg

I've considered running just one AAS cycle to help max out my lean mass. Ideally, I wouldn't inject the toxic carrier oils. I would use MCT oil or use it topically.

You should do a log, this would be interesting, what's your plan?

Would you have a Peat styled regime for use of said substances ?
It would be really interesting if someone with experience in this did a log, if it's raypeatforum legal of course.

Yes, it would be a topical application of Testosterone in the form of a 1% gel containing 50-100mg of Testosterone. Skin absorption is around 10%, so I'd be getting a daily dose of 5-10mg, which is within the upper physiological levels for males.

Peat has said that this type of low-dose dermal application is OK when working to increase metabolism (via a quote in the wiki entry and through a private email).

You could experiment with applying it twice or three times a day, while taking vitamin E and aspirin, to keep estrogen, aromatase and prolactin in check.

Drareg

Yes, it would be a topical application of Testosterone in the form of a 1% gel containing 50-100mg of Testosterone. Skin absorption is around 10%, so I'd be getting a daily dose of 5-10mg, which is within the upper physiological levels for males.

Peat has said that this type of low-dose dermal application is OK when working to increase metabolism (via a quote in the wiki entry and through a private email).

You could experiment with applying it twice or three times a day, while taking vitamin E and aspirin, to keep estrogen, aromatase and prolactin in check.

Your not using anything else then ? Have you noticed much growth/enhancement form testosterone alone?
What's the difference between testosterone and DHT use ?
I was thinking of DHT over testosterone,save the use of aromatase inhibitor, are they more direct than DHEA with aspirin for example?

I noticed personally aspirin is better than vitamin E ,both can lower prolactin but aspirin is better for me,their other effects are well known.
Vitamin E can down regulate androgen receptors form what I gathered on here, T3 however seems to increase them. Vitamin E can also have a progesterone effect.

Your not using anything else then ? Have you noticed much growth/enhancement form testosterone alone?
I was thinking of DHT over testosterone,save the use of aromatase inhibitor, are they more direct than DHEA with aspirin for example?

I noticed personally aspirin is better than vitamin E ,both can lower prolactin but aspirin is better for me,their other effects are well known.
Vitamin E can down regulate androgen receptors form what I gathered on here, T3 however seems to increase them. Vitamin E can also have a progesterone effect.

The Anabolics book I recommended in my earlier post covers the topic of Testosterone vs DHT; the research shows that DHT isn't as anabolic as Testosterone.

Unless you have blood work to confirm levels of prolactin and estrogen, it's best to use 50-400iu vitamin E and 80-300mg aspirin and 15-80mg K2 together.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

do you have any concerns such as hair loss as well? Chris on the good looking loser website says testosterone in excess of 350mg a week makes it hard to prevent the hair loss that might occur

OP
TheHound

TheHound

what would be the safest pct drugs? I know haidut made a post about how bad the typical drugs used for post cycle therapy like clomid are. I also assume aromasin would be the safest AI

FacelessMan

Why not just get test cypionate or test e powder from a bulk powder website, then buy DMSO from amazon, mix it up, and get near 100% absorption? Then use an antiaromatase with it? Could be applied in amounts of 10-15mg or so a day and that should prob get test levels over 1000 with low estro...

skycop00

Why not just get test cypionate or test e powder from a bulk powder website, then buy DMSO from amazon, mix it up, and get near 100% absorption? Then use an antiaromatase with it? Could be applied in amounts of 10-15mg or so a day and that should prob get test levels over 1000 with low estro...
Who carries that ?? The powder cyp base?

Parsifal

Aren't receptors according to Peat bad science?

James_001

do you have any concerns such as hair loss as well? Chris on the good looking loser website says testosterone in excess of 350mg a week makes it hard to prevent the hair loss that might occur

Have you considered anavar only? You can run it without shutting down your natural production.

Also, if you choose to do a 'peaty' steroid cycle please post a detailed log about what you're doing. I think a lot of people would be interested, you would probably be one of the first to do something like this.

Myself I thought about running a primo only cycle, or primo + anavar. Whatever you do, I would stick to DHT drugs as you don't have to deal with estrogen that way.

I would just use plain testosterone in physiological quantities, but the available products are just dissolved in a toxic solvent. The thyroid function should be good otherwise you're gonna do more harm than anything else...

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Have you considered anavar only? You can run it without shutting down your natural production.

Also, if you choose to do a 'peaty' steroid cycle please post a detailed log about what you're doing. I think a lot of people would be interested, you would probably be one of the first to do something like this.

Myself I thought about running a primo only cycle, or primo + anavar. Whatever you do, I would stick to DHT drugs as you don't have to deal with estrogen that way.

I was thinking 300-500mg of testosterone enanthate a week for 10-12 weeks. MAYBE a bit of dianabol for the first 4 weeks or so and some aromasin as well. unsure of what pharmas I want to use for pct at the moment

as far as bringing peat things into it, I was going to do zinc supplementation, especially pct, some vitamin e and a good bit of aspirin. lots of fat soluble vitamins as well. I'd want to cycle at a time when I can get lots of sun, and being in Canada means that might be next summer as I don't think I'm ready this summer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals