Are Anabolic Steroids That Bad?

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Daimyo said:
post 99376
TheHound said:
post 99350 annoys me how I see guys that are like 200 pounds bulking at 3500 calories while I'm eating 4000 calories at 155 pounds

Mate, If you are not growing on 4000 kcal a day, you won't grow a lot on 4000 kcal a day + steroids. It might be annoying, but it's a sign of good metabolism.

You need to get your kcal to the point that you are gaining something (at least fat). Eat more icecream, butter, sugar, milk, potatoes with fat gravy, cheesburgers or whatever, but u need to eat more to grow. Otherwise you won't get big and you will waist a lot of juice, money and depending where u live, maybe getting problems with the law.

Use cronometer to check how are u growing on 4500 kcal. Still not growing? Try 5000 kcal.

Again "learn" to eat big before you get on juice... Just my 2 Polish grosz.

if im bulking, what do you think is the ideal amount of weight I should be putting on a month? let's say I want to go from 155-180 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:

Daimyo

Few pounds a month. Don't aim for some "ideal gainz per month" thing because that could lead to frustration. You want to grow, it's long term thing. If you grow just 4-5 pounds per month you will reach your goal in about 5-7 months. That's doable. If you are doing any cardio, unless its for fun, drop it as it's not helping (and not Peat "approved").

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Daimyo said:
post 99380 Few pounds a month. Don't aim for some "ideal gainz per month" thing because that could lead to frustration. You want to grow, it's long term thing. If you grow just 4-5 pounds per month you will reach your goal in about 5-7 months. That's doable. If you are doing any cardio, unless its for fun, drop it as it's not helping (and not Peat "approved").

thanks for the good advice man!

slayers

I doubt Peat diet could overcome the side effects of hair loss...
Plus hair loss using testosterone only happens to those that were probably going to lose it anyways, just speeds it up

Daimyo

That's why I don't recommend using only aspirin, vitamin E, but a proper aromatase inhibitor.

That's speculating, but bodybuilders diet during bulking up cycle is based on very pro-inflammatory proteins and they are using great quantities. 20 eggs whites, 1kg of chicken breast, don't forget about your omegas 3 as they help to build muscles.... Then, when they are cutting they are starving to unnaturally low % bf, using diuretics, doing a lot of cardio in fasted state... It's difficult to think about a diet/lifestyle that is more stressful. Steroids are just a part of that.

Eat good, peaty food, plenty of recovery, the guy should be fine.

Daimyo

slayers said:
post 99416
Plus hair loss using testosterone only happens to those that were probably going to lose it anyways, just speeds it up

The fact that someone is loosing hair is just an external symptom of stress/bad metabolism/bad hormonal profile. As far as I understand, you shouldn't loose hair as it's a symptom of metabolic aging and not "just" a cosmetic issue. So in a way if he''s loosing hair during steroid cycle, someone is in a very high stress state.

slayers

I don't know I just don't know if i buy the whole metabolic rate / stress hair loss.... It seems if your genetically prone to lose your hair your going to lose it... I mean what is the success rate of people doing peat and stopping hair loss? I think it's very low if any..

I'm willing to bet danny roddy could still being eating crap and have the exact same hair line as he does eating peat.

this was a comment under one of danny toddy youtube vids

"you are wrong, hair has nothing to do with metabolic rate. My TSH was 0.6. My prolactin is low, my PTH is also low , my temperatures are above 37 and pulse average is 85. According to Peat I am superhuman)))) but yet the more I tried to increase met rate the more hair I lost. And actually lowering met rate restored my hair. Hair depends on many things . One of them protein synthesis, which depends on 100 things and for each individual it is different. For some it is inflammation for others it could be metal toxicity, For third it could be not enough oils or too much oils, other people can have calcium problems, vitamin K deficiency , sibo etc. Hairloss is an imbalance. And Ray Peat does not fit all, if you look at his forum , not even 30% are helped by his recs and many get much much worse including with hairloss."

Brian

slayers said:
I'm willing to bet danny roddy could still being eating crap and have the exact same hair line as he does eating peat.

I also think this is generally correct. I have very thick hair. For a few years I treated my body very poorly with little sleep, low carb, and low calorie. I thought I noticed my hair receding a little and I found Danny Roddy's stuff, but didn't really apply much of it except for eating a lot more. My hair line became as thick as ever within a year.

My mom's father also had extremely thick hair into old age despite being in very poor health. While my dad and his side of the family all begin losing hair in their late 20's. My older brother started losing hair at that time, while my younger brother is just as thick as mine and he has been even harder on his body than I have.

The roots of rapid male hair loss are probably not much influenced by diet (well probably not within one generation), but it does seem that redlight therapy when intense enough has a more potent effect.

slayers

This method is not 100% but the closest thing to determine you hair genetics is by looking at your Mother's brother/s hair

jyb

Brian said:
The roots of rapid male hair loss are probably not much influenced by diet (well probably not within one generation), but it does seem that redlight therapy when intense enough has a more potent effect.

It seems to me that rapid and unexpected hair loss could be due to high stress (stressful event in life, possibly harmful diets too) whereas the slower loss at older age is genetic. The former is what seems to be the least difficult to reverse. That's why I don't see Danny Roddy's story as very impressive - from anecdotes I gather around me, when the acute stress ceases then the hair goes back to normal, no need for a special diet. I would like to see what happens to someone a bit older with a family predisposition to balding. I do read Ray's advice about topical application of DHEA, caffeine and others for hair growth or colour, it seems really interesting and definitely worth an experiment but need more data points to reach a conclusion (Ray's hair growth seems healthy but the colour is fairly grey when I compare to my family members of same age).

OP
TheHound

TheHound

I think I've decided to wait until I'm at least 21. I'll reevaluate how I look and feel then

tara

TheHound said:
post 99463 I think I've decided to wait until I'm at least 21. I'll reevaluate how I look and feel then
Waiting sounds smart to me. Natural growth generally continues till about 25yr (if you eat enough of everything, etc). You could consider waiting till then.

Joocy_J

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 071423.htm

"We know testosterone or steroids affect the development of serotonin nerve cells, which, in turn, decreases serotonin availability in the brain," Melloni said. "The serotonin neural system is still developing during adolescence and the use of anabolic steroids during this critical period appears to have immediate neural and behavioral consequences. Further research will allow us to determine whether or not these deficits are present into adulthood."

Sounds like adolescence is the prefect time to use steroids...

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/08/020809071423.htm

"We know testosterone or steroids affect the development of serotonin nerve cells, which, in turn, decreases serotonin availability in the brain," Melloni said. "The serotonin neural system is still developing during adolescence and the use of anabolic steroids during this critical period appears to have immediate neural and behavioral consequences. Further research will allow us to determine whether or not these deficits are present into adulthood."

Or antiserotonin meds and pregnenolone which increase testosterone at your body's discresion

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
Joocy_J said:

Or antiserotonin meds and pregnenolone which increase testosterone at your body's discresion

Sounds like a good idea, but they don't work for me....

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105431
answersfound said:
Joocy_J said:

Sounds like a good idea, but they don't work for me....

Then you're not taking a big enough dose. That simple. How much have you been taking

Joocy_J

I was taking 2 mg, and then took 15 or so mg, I felt that my serotonin was low but my sleep/libido was still messed up. I have taken a lot of shrooms/lsd in the past so I know what it feels like to have low serotonin. I am going to take a lot of shrooms this weekend and see if that helps...

youngandold

Risks include:

Contamination if you get fake, counterfeit or home-made steroids usually black market.

High blood pressure can cause strokes or heart attack.

Liver damage especially with oral roids.

Abcesses, infections and other damage from improper injection procedures.

Shutdown of natural testosterone production. Minimized with cycling.

Getting into unlawful activities to get money for roids. Or unhealthy and inmoral ones (gay for pay is common).

You have been warned.

michael94

youngandold said:
post 110638 Risks include:

Getting into unlawful activities to get money for roids. Or unhealthy and inmoral ones (gay for pay is common).

You have been warned.

wtf lol

Agent207

Daimyo said:
That's speculating, but bodybuilders diet during bulking up cycle is based on very pro-inflammatory proteins and they are using great quantities. 20 eggs whites, 1kg of chicken breast, don't forget about your omegas 3 as they help to build muscles.... Then, when they are cutting they are starving to unnaturally low % bf, using diuretics, doing a lot of cardio in fasted state... It's difficult to think about a diet/lifestyle that is more stressful. Steroids are just a part of that.
In fact steroids when wisely used under that circumstances are of great help for them, alleviating and easing all those stressors.

youngandold said:
You have been warned.
Wahahahahaha....best argument ever, to stay out of roids LOL

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals