Are Adenosine Vials Safe To Drink?

Estradiol

It only contains Adenosine + water in the vials just like Lidocaine.

Any thoughts?

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Sounds scary to me. Adenosine is what they give you in the ER (IV) if they can't get you out of ventricular tachycardia. It stops your heart momentarily in order to re-establish normal rhythm.

OP
E

Estradiol

Sounds scary to me. Adenosine is what they give you in the ER (IV) if they can't get you out of ventricular tachycardia. It stops your heart momentarily in order to re-establish normal rhythm.

As for as I know it dose dependently slows the heart. Are you sure it stops it?

Inosine also works the same way by agonizing Adenosine receptors and protects heart from adrenaline and tachycardia.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Well it definitely does that in the IV dose they give you in the ER.

I'm not saying it does that in the oral dose the OP describes.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
(sorry @Estradiol, you are the OP!)

To clarify, I would be extremely cautious with dosage. The nice thing about the IV administration is that the effect is very quick - the heart rate recovers rather quickly.

It only contains Adenosine + water in the vials just like Lidocaine.

Any thoughts?

I would advise against it rather strongly.There is severe glass contamination from the breaking of the vials.Hundreds of particles from one Vial.There are injection Filters,Filter Needles out there,but they catch only 5µmetre or larger particles.It isnt talked about much,but the danger is very real.

OP
E

Estradiol

I would advise against it rather strongly.There is severe glass contamination from the breaking of the vials.Hundreds of particles from one Vial.There are injection Filters,Filter Needles out there,but they catch only 5µmetre or larger particles.It isnt talked about much,but the danger is very real.

I drank vials of Lidocaine without any problems till today. But anyway.

You guys convinced me this is dangerous.

rei

You have been fooled. Unless you do something stupid, it is perfectly safe to drink a vial of adenosine :D

Stupid being like doing a dare and drink 100 of them.

Injecting something is always a completely different game, in that case i would not do it from a broken glass container as commonly done, i would not inject adenosine without extreme scientific caution and care etc...