Approaching Mid 40's And The Wheels Starting To Fall Off?

OP
I

Iron Man

I take it all at once. No problems.
Ok, I thought it was best to spread them out for some reason?
Is there anything else I should do or take, or is that ok?
@haidut your post interested me and I'm interested in looking more into that. Going with AI's don't seem to be an option for me, because of requiring a script and no Doc I know would grant me one for this. Hoping there is a proven natural estrogen blocker?

Markus

As in taking Progesterone at night and Pregnenolone in the morning? If so, wouldn't this result in taking DHEA and Pregnenolone at the same time? Also, I thought taking zinc was best if taken at same time as Pregnenolone?
Yes, because I find that pregnenolone energizes me while progesterone calms me down. I don't know anything contradicting taking DHEA and pregnenolone together and taking pregnenolone and zinc at the same time.

tankasnowgod

Going with AI's don't seem to be an option for me, because of requiring a script and no Doc I know would grant me one for this. Hoping there is a proven natural estrogen blocker?

Most AIs are not controlled substances, and do not require a prescription in the same way a controlled substance would, although doctors usually do write a prescription for them. Doctors also write prescriptions for Vitamin D, and you can easily buy that without a prescription. Exemestane is sold by various peptide companies, for example.

Aromasin (Exemestane) V Arimidex- Interesting Thread

How Androgenic Is Exemestane?

OP
I

Iron Man

Most AIs are not controlled substances, and do not require a prescription in the same way a controlled substance would, although doctors usually do write a prescription for them. Doctors also write prescriptions for Vitamin D, and you can easily buy that without a prescription. Exemestane is sold by various peptide companies, for example.

Aromasin (Exemestane) V Arimidex- Interesting Thread

How Androgenic Is Exemestane?
I just checked and where I live, obtaining AI's require a script by law...

ExCarniv

Lol at people believing that if you have a good physique after 40, you are running on stress, trying to convince themselves that being fat and un athletic is good.

nomoreketones

Thanks for your post. I am interested in reading up on what you have shared. Do you have any links?
It would be fantastic to see your results if you are happy to post them. I see so many threads where people trial something, but don't post lab results and this makes it hard to determine whether something has been beneficial or not.

I found a link to a PDF that he wrote entitled, "For Men Only - Before You Try Testosterone Replacement" just by googling the following:
Gitterle "letrozole"

Also, he has a book on Amazon. Has anyone read the book? Is it worth it to purchase it?

nomoreketones

The AI + Precursors route is apparently very promising.

Does anyone know if androsterone is a good enough AI for this routine? Or would something like exemestane be better?

What about chrysin? It seems to be the only AI available on Amazon that doesn't seem horrible.

tankasnowgod

Does anyone know if androsterone is a good enough AI for this routine? Or would something like exemestane be better?

What about chrysin? It seems to be the only AI available on Amazon that doesn't seem horrible.

I would think Androsterone might work pretty close to exemestane in comparible doses. EXE has good AI properties as low as 2.5mg per day. EXE is designed to have more affinity to binding aromatase, but Andro could probably work well in similar doses. Haidut listed a bunch of studies to this effect on his Andro thread. Doing a month with before and after blood tests would tell you how well it's working.

No idea on chysin. Personally, I never felt anything from those OTC Estrogen lowering supps, so based on that, my guess is that it doesn't work well.

ntking51

Approaching mid 40's...
Testosterone has been lowish for quite some time (202 - 280). Apparently not low enough for the Doc to put me on anything. I don't really want to go on TRT anyway.
Belly fat is getting hard to lose and considering being the long time bodybuilder that I am, I notice muscle hardness isn't what it should be.
I have never been particularly hairy, but am now seeing lots of grey hair on my belly.
I'm starting to feel old too and just not so energetic.
Just wondering what is going on here...
With the low testosterone, it is remarkable (in my opinion) that I have the muscle that I have. In another thread, I'm discussing options with considerations along the lines of AAS even (not something that I thought I would ever consider).
Boosting testosterone naturally seems impossible and reading research on Examine.com or Ergolog.com, the research seems to say only real way is artificially.
With approaching mid 40's, I would like to get myself some more muscle and get in even better shape to help support me into later life.
Stats wise... I'm currently about 210lbs and want to get down to about 200lbs. Arms would be about 17" - 17.5". Chest/back is about 49". Waist I'm not sure, but I'm trying to make it slimmer. Height is close to 6ft.
Any thoughts or opinions here?
The fda just passed an oral testosterone pill...also topical test on the scrotum. Who wants to inject forever? No thanks

ntking51

The low T but decent muscles, combined with body hairiness and belly fat creeping up on you suggest low gonadal function and adrenal hyperactivity. This can be maintained for a few more years but once DHEA starts to steeply drop (as it does for most people after 40), unless cortisol/estrogen are brought under control the muscles will melt and all that remains is fat. I have quite a few friends that went through this period of intense "athleticism" where they kept pushing themselves quite a bit and it seemed to work initially as their muscles seemed OK and they were keeping their BMI close to where the doctor wanted it. However, without an exception, they all hit a wall around 45 and when they got their steroids tested, T was in the hypogonadal range, DHEA was below the lower range, cortisol was at the very top of normal or above, and some of them had high prolactin too. TRT is an option but the safer and more physiological approach seems to be to combine an AI with a precursor like pregnenolone/DHEA or progesterone/DHEA. The AI will take care of estrogen and the pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA will oppose cortisol. Thyroid function is also important as it's what determines how well gonads will work. Letrozole and anastrozole are not good AI in my opinion. Steroidal ones such as exemestane, formestane, and atamestane are safer and they have steroidal effects of their own that at least partially fill in for T.
@haidut do you have to have a prescription for exemestane?

ntking51

The low T but decent muscles, combined with body hairiness and belly fat creeping up on you suggest low gonadal function and adrenal hyperactivity. This can be maintained for a few more years but once DHEA starts to steeply drop (as it does for most people after 40), unless cortisol/estrogen are brought under control the muscles will melt and all that remains is fat. I have quite a few friends that went through this period of intense "athleticism" where they kept pushing themselves quite a bit and it seemed to work initially as their muscles seemed OK and they were keeping their BMI close to where the doctor wanted it. However, without an exception, they all hit a wall around 45 and when they got their steroids tested, T was in the hypogonadal range, DHEA was below the lower range, cortisol was at the very top of normal or above, and some of them had high prolactin too. TRT is an option but the safer and more physiological approach seems to be to combine an AI with a precursor like pregnenolone/DHEA or progesterone/DHEA. The AI will take care of estrogen and the pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA will oppose cortisol. Thyroid function is also important as it's what determines how well gonads will work. Letrozole and anastrozole are not good AI in my opinion. Steroidal ones such as exemestane, formestane, and atamestane are safer and they have steroidal effects of their own that at least partially fill in for T.
@haidut what would be the best things to take for low gonadal function?

SonOfEurope

The Big Pharma Medical system never ceases to amaze me.

Being only 44 or 45 they detected a Test level as low as 208 and they don't make the connection between that and anything.... But if they detect - nah... Forget about books tests, if a 45 year old woman goes and complains of the typical menopause symptoms at the time in life when Progesterone is falling - they wouldn't doubt for a second to put her on 2mg daily of the "Female Hormone of beauty and peace".

My advice: lose some bodyfat, by lifting and moderate caloric restriction but NEVER starve, , buy a bottle of Cortinon 8:1 version and use 3 drops daily, Aspirin+K2.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals