Application & Ingestion Methods

fever257

Hey all,

So I'm still relatively new to the Ray Peat supplements game. I know that with IdeaLabs and some of the vendors for Research & Development use various methods for application, and I just wanted to go over these and make sure I'm utilizing the research items properly.

First, i read that the combo of (1)Vitamin E & Coconut Oil are best for ingestion. Is that correct? and does the word 'tocopherols' imply Vitamin E? I'm getting mixed/confusing answers.

Some of the other absorption methods I've seen are:
(2)SFA Esters, Ethanol, & Eugenol - what exactly does this mean and should it be applied topically or ingested?
(3) tocopherols, Eugenol - is this better for ingestion?
(4) tocopherols, SFA/OA - ??
(5) SFA Esters, Ethanol - ??

I think all of the R&D chemicals use some specific combination of the above routes for absorption, so I guess I just want more information on each individual thing.

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Experienced

Hey all,

So I'm still relatively new to the Ray Peat supplements game. I know that with IdeaLabs and some of the vendors for Research & Development use various methods for application, and I just wanted to go over these and make sure I'm utilizing the research items properly.

First, i read that the combo of (1)Vitamin E & Coconut Oil are best for ingestion. Is that correct? and does the word 'tocopherols' imply Vitamin E? I'm getting mixed/confusing answers.

Some of the other absorption methods I've seen are:
(2)SFA Esters, Ethanol, & Eugenol - what exactly does this mean and should it be applied topically or ingested?
(3) tocopherols, Eugenol - is this better for ingestion?
(4) tocopherols, SFA/OA - ??
(5) SFA Esters, Ethanol - ??

I think all of the R&D chemicals use some specific combination of the above routes for absorption, so I guess I just want more information on each individual thing.

Can anyone shed some light on this??
I'll bump this thread.

daphne134

Bump. For example would it be a problem if the ingredients on the lanosterol - tocopherols, SFA/OA - were to, er, somehow get in the eye? Not much lipid can get past the cornea, I'm learning, and I'm targeting the cornea.