Applesauce

OP
Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape

The high quality apple sauce around here is 60 calories per serving. That's almost half of what yours is. Which brand do you get?
The applesauce brand that I buy currently is the Price Chopper store version, which comes in a cinnamon flavor. Its ingredients are: Apple; sugar; water; cinnamon; ascorbic acid. It sounds like there is added sugar - I know the calorie content is a bit higher than the others that I have checked.

You just buy it in the jars do you? Because that’s what we have here in the U.K. We put ours on pork dishes.

I LOVE applesauce @Arnold Grape. I found an organic French one which is simply apples. Nothing else. I mix with cottage cheese - taste amazing. Causes zero gut issues.

I am an applesaucer too. Since I made friends with hydrolyzed collagen - I add that to it too.

Great ideas. I'll try this.

Well i wonder in spite of all the love the apple sauce is getting here, how much nutrition it really brings to the table, given the fairly brutal processing it goes through. As linked above. Potentially next to nothing.

Well, the minerals aren't going anywhere if all that's happening is cooking and "beating them up". They're still there. The vitamins and more exotic components might disappear. Personally, I don't have a problem with hitting most RDAs with the rest of my diet -- I just need more calories in a low-fat format that's more palatable than drinking pure syrup.

RayPeatFan777

I stopped eating apples with meals after I found out it contains too much proanthocyanidins that chelate trace-minerals. They therefore do have good effects on iron chelation though and scavenge radicals, such as peroxynitrites, but can inhibit digestive enzymes pancreatic α-amylase, pancreatic lipase and phospholipase.

Therefore fruits and spices etc with a high ORAC value or OPC's should be eaten separate from meals.
Would cooking the apples get around this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals