Apparently Forcing Dairy Can Cure Dairy Intolerance

Jennifer

Yes, agree that's definitely part of it. My SIBO issue is unresolved. My hypothyroid has drastically improved however, it's still not perfect though. I was beginning to think my gut issues were my last remaining obstacle before I could truly heal my thyroid issues (I had gut issues long before hypothyroid). I do eat bamboo shoots and RPs carrot salad but these have not helped. Would you mind sharing exactly how you cleared the overgrowth? Antibiotics (RP has mentioned both penicillin and tetracyclines)? Flowers of sulfer? And what for the gut inflammation? RP has mentioned Pregnenolone, aspirin, lidocaine for inflammation, not which is best for gut inflammation.
Some of things I tried were the milk cure, carnivore diet, 7 days of activated raw garlic, flowers of sulfur, activated charcoal, high potency oregano oil, antibiotics -- erythromycin, minocycline, neomycin (for methane producing bacteria), rifaximin (for hydrogen producing bacteria) -- but the only thing that worked for me was a combination of NDT (sped up gut motility), herbal antimicrobials -- Dr. Morse's Parasite M and Heal All forumulas -- and reducing starch and fiber as much as possible. I consumed a diet of mainly easy to digest (for me), glycine rich proteins -- scallops, crab, collagen/gelatin and gelatinous broths -- and very ripe, low acid fruits -- melons and grapes -- juiced daily. For fat, I stuck with coconut sources due to a weak gallbladder at the time. Looking back, I probably could have used a single antimicrobial herb like the oregano oil instead of the formulas since I think the main thing was cutting off the bacteria's food supply by avoiding fermentable fibers and starch (and dairy, at that point) and optimizing sugar metabolism, enzyme production and peristalsis via NDT. Before NDT, I needed crazy amounts of fiber a.k.a a fruitarian diet just to have regular bowel movements, and I now know all that fiber was keeping me hypothyroid.

It's still pretty surreal to me that I'm tolerating dairy again after 10 years of jumping through flaming hoops and getting burnt. I really thought I'd be stuck on a fruitarian diet the rest of my life and slowly deteriorating as all the nutritional stores I had built up on nutrient dense diets the 7 years prior had become depleted. I enjoy dairy, but I think the biggest reasons I'm psyched I tolerate it again are its affordability, availability and nutritional density. I'm saving $600 a month on food alone, another $100 on supplements, I never have to worry about ripeness or processing eggshells or herbs/greens to get calcium, and the physical damages that occurred, particularly with my spine and skin, are slowly reversing. It's one thing to feel well, I mean, I felt well even as my body was silently deteriorating, but to actually see physical changes after so long and at my age (39), makes me finally "get" how all my efforts, which felt in vain the majority of the time, weren't. If anything, they should be bottling persistence. Ha!

Zpol

1/4cup organic hexane free castor oil
+
1 teaspoon 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine

Thanks! Hadn't considered using castor oil in that way but I know it is a great laxative. I have done some research into turpentine, I should revisit that.

It's still pretty surreal to me that I'm tolerating dairy again after 10 years of jumping through flaming hoops and getting burnt. I really thought I'd be stuck on a fruitarian diet the rest of my life and slowly deteriorating as all the nutritional stores I had built up on nutrient dense diets the 7 years prior had become depleted. I enjoy dairy, but I think the biggest reasons I'm psyched I tolerate it again are its affordability, availability and nutritional density. I'm saving $600 a month on food alone, another $100 on supplements, I never have to worry about ripeness or processing eggshells or herbs/greens to get calcium, and the physical damages that occurred, particularly with my spine and skin, are slowly reversing. It's one thing to feel well, I mean, I felt well even as my body was silently deteriorating, but to actually see physical changes after so long and at my age (39), makes me finally "get" how all my efforts, which felt in vain the majority of the time, weren't. If anything, they should be bottling persistence. Ha!

This is great, thank you! I used to do the fruititarian diet as well. I think it might have lead to some gallbladder issues amongst other things. Now I'm at the stage of spending my Sundays processing eggshells and greens to make supplemental cal/mag. I would so love to not have to do that anymore and just have milk.
From what I understand, all the killing off of bacteria overgrowth via Rx antibiotics or herbal remedies, will be in vain if you can't reinstate motility, which it sounds like you did with the use of NDT. I used to use NDT and I must say it did help in that regard but for some reason the effect wore off after a few months and I went back to slow motility. But I was still on fruititarian at the time so I didn't have all my ducks in row. I have been considering switching back to it if I could find a good brand. That's the other thing; I was taking Naturethroid and I'm not sure of the quality and consistency.

Jennifer

Thanks! Hadn't considered using castor oil in that way but I know it is a great laxative. I have done some research into turpentine, I should revisit that.

This is great, thank you! I used to do the fruititarian diet as well. I think it might have lead to some gallbladder issues amongst other things. Now I'm at the stage of spending my Sundays processing eggshells and greens to make supplemental cal/mag. I would so love to not have to do that anymore and just have milk.
From what I understand, all the killing off of bacteria overgrowth via Rx antibiotics or herbal remedies, will be in vain if you can't reinstate motility, which it sounds like you did with the use of NDT. I used to use NDT and I must say it did help in that regard but for some reason the effect wore off after a few months and I went back to slow motility. But I was still on fruititarian at the time so I didn't have all my ducks in row. I have been considering switching back to it if I could find a good brand. That's the other thing; I was taking Naturethroid and I'm not sure of the quality and consistency.
You're welcome! :)

Ah, you too? It seems a lot of us have tried a fruitarian diet. Do you know what your cholesterol levels were like while following the diet and taking Naturethroid? I'm just wondering if your cholesterol dropped too low, resulting in worsened hypothyroid symptoms. I took NDT (WP Thyroid) back when I was Peating 5 years ago and my cholesterol dropped too low (142) and Ray told me that taking thyroid while my cholesterol was low could cause stress hormones instead. WP Thyroid is working well for my mum, dad and I, but I've also read accounts of it not working since a reformulation so I'm not sure what to say about that. When I took it 5 years ago, I was already avoiding starch and got to a point where I was avoiding fiber too in an attempt to raise my cholesterol, but I was also trying to make dairy work and so I definitely needed well tolerated proteins in combination with the NDT.

Zpol

@Jennifer you are spot on. I did have low cholesterol at the time. It's in good range now though so maybe I should give it a go again. There's so many mixed reviews with NDT brands, makes it hard to find a good one. I'll look into the WP Thyroid, thanks.

I guess the wise way to go about it would be to make sure temps and pulses are in good range and motility is functioning normally before attempting dairy.

T

TheBeard

Let me put it this way. If you were stranded on a desert island and had no food and only had milk, how long do you think itd take your body to figure out: process this fully nutritious drink or stave? Because I guarantee you you would be drinking milk in a heartbeat. If you really want to get over any supposed milk problems with the quickness, do a 1 week milk only diet. Youll eventually get hungry and you will drink it. And absorb it. Because thats all there is to absorb.

That'd be the case, but not for the reasons you think.
Your gut would be empty of any starch or fiber by a few days in, which means the milk would have nothing to interact with.
Milk is easy to digest after a fast, not along solid food.

Jennifer

@Jennifer you are spot on. I did have low cholesterol at the time. It's in good range now though so maybe I should give it a go again. There's so many mixed reviews with NDT brands, makes it hard to find a good one. I'll look into the WP Thyroid, thanks.

I guess the wise way to go about it would be to make sure temps and pulses are in good range and motility is functioning normally before attempting dairy.
Yeah, I think it's worth a shot now that your cholesterol is in a good range. You can always adjust your dose and/or diet if you find your cholesterol is dropping too much. If NDT's effectiveness is still a concern, you could always go with a synthetic T4/T3 combo like Cynoplus. I think Ray recommends that over NDT, actually. I don't think he has been a fan of NDT since Revlon bought Armour in the 1970s (?) and changed the original formula.

Last edited:

tara

I think this is only for people with lactose intolerance. ...
I have not heard RP mention casein intolerance.
I think you are probably right, this process may be just for lactose intolerance. I suspect I too am intolerant to the protein rather than the lactose.