Apigenin experiences

Judd Crane

I've been interested in trying apigenin for it's anxiolytic effects, NMDA antagonist and GABAA agonist, but have been put off by the long half-life in rats (91.8h). How long do the cognitive effects of this supplement last? Any worries regarding accumulation?

solothesensei

I've been interested in trying apigenin for it's anxiolytic effects, NMDA antagonist and GABAA agonist, but have been put off by the long half-life in rats (91.8h). How long do the cognitive effects of this supplement last? Any worries regarding accumulation?
At 100mg, it's pretty much the only supplement that has actually made me drowsy enough to want to sleep soon after taking it. I don't feel much of it the next morning, perhaps a slight 'afterglow' of relaxation.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

At 100mg, it's pretty much the only supplement that has actually made me drowsy enough to want to sleep soon after taking it. I don't feel much of it the next morning, perhaps a slight 'afterglow' of relaxation.
Thanks! You've had these effects consistently?

johnwester130

I am going to start german chamomile tincture, the highest natural source of apigenin

I will see how it works

David PS

I get my apigenin from dried parsley. I add a tablespoon of parsley to yogurt and wait a few minutes for the parsley to pull moisture from the yogurt.

Philomath

David PS

How did his work for you?
It is difficult to say; it just part of my diet. I do not have any before and after tests.

CD-38 is an endotoxin. I have added both apigenin and activated charcoal into my diet in an attempt to reduce this endotoxin which increases with age. I started a short thread about this. It did not get much traction.

ddjd

anyone know why i get headaches the day after eating both parsley or apigenin supplements??

i find apigenin amazing for getting to sleep but the headaches are terrrible if i use it a few days in a row

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals