Anyway To Lower Aldosterone A Little Bit Without Using Anti Androgens

GorillaHead

I have naturally a higher level of aldosterone than most. Skinny body. Very weak appetite. Borderline high fating blood glucose. Borderline high blood pressure. I read salt actually increases aldosterone in many studies.

so I am kinda lost at my options

lampofred

Calcium vitamin D vitamin K and lowering iron, phosphate would probably help. The main thing is thyroid and high CO2 production though, keeping FFA low and oxidizing glucose. Coffee, aspirin, niacinamide may also help to that end.

I think high aldosterone could also mean that your job, environment, something in your life isn't really satisfying for you. Or also that you're really self-conscious.

Last edited:

Grapelander

Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging
Ray Peat:

One of the things that happen when there isn't enough sodium in the diet is that more aldosterone is synthesized.

Salt restriction can cause aldosterone to increase, and excess aldosterone causes potassium loss, and increases the use of protein to form ammonia.

The peak of melatonin secretion is followed by the peak of aldosterone, and a little later by the peak of cortisol. The use of bright light (which suppresses melatonin) to treat depression probably helps to inhibit the production of aldosterone, which is strongly associated with depression.

A lack of salt stimulates the formation of serotonin, which in turn stimulates aldosterone synthesis.

tankasnowgod

I read salt actually increases aldosterone in many studies.

I have never seen that. If you can find a study where increased salt intake raises aldosterone, please post it. I have only seen evidence to the contrary in anything longer than seven days.

Effect of aldosterone and mineralocorticoid receptor blockade on vascular inflammation
Hylton V Joffe, Gail K Adler
Heart failure reviews 10 (1), 31-37, 2005
Aldosterone, the final product of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, is classically viewed as a regulator of renal sodium and potassium handling, blood volume, and blood pressure. Recent studies suggest that aldosterone can cause microvascular damage, vascular inflammation, oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction. In animal models, aldosterone-mediated vascular injury in the brain, heart, and kidneys leads to stroke, myocardial injury, and proteinuria. These effects may be modified by dietary salt intake; aldosterone-mediated vascular damage is increased in susceptible animals fed a high-salt diet compared to a low-salt diet despite lower plasma aldosterone levels on the high-salt diet. In humans, there is a growing literature supporting the adverse effects of aldosterone in heart failure, hypertension, left ventricular hypertrophy, and renal disease. Aldosterone receptor antagonists are beneficial even in patients on angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and attenuate aldosterone-mediated vascular injury by mechanisms that appear to be independent of changes in systolic blood pressure. This review focuses on the adverse effects of aldosterone on the vascular system and describes our current understanding of the underlying mechanisms for this injury.