Anything useful to take while studying/learning to improve fluidity and memory?

meatbag

Memory, Cognition & Nutrition KMUD - Ask Your Herb Doctor

Higher Serotonin Availability May Be The Cause Of Cognitive Impairment / Dementia

Methylene Blue Improves Short-term Memory In Humans

RP: A good diet that includes liver once and a while, milk regularly and/or cheese, eggs regularly, seafood or meat fairly regularly, at least once a week for some kind of seafood is good for the trace minerals that you might not get in some of the land foods.

HD: Given that it's water soluble, do you think, how realistic do you think it is for people actually to be low in B vitamins that may otherwise make a difference? I know you have mentioned B1 and B3 as being something that has been intrinsically important in people's memory, their retention of information, and how quickly it can make a difference just by supplementing with it. And if they're supplementing, I presume that they were low in it and so taking a supplement raises their B levels, their 1 and their 3, and corrected their mental state.

RP: Yeah, B vitamins act very quickly, so you can usually see an effect, sometimes - like with Vitamin B1 you can often feel an effect in the first hour, with Vitamin B6, you generally feel an effect in the first day. And with Vitamin B6, sometimes 10mg is all it needs and one dose will often take care of a problem that has lingered for a long time. And it's good if you can use a few doses of the supplements, because most of the supplements have impurities and excipients that aren't good in the long run.”

Last edited:

koreus

I've tried lots of stuff for cognitive enhancement (Modafinil, Semax, Alpha GPC, Rhodiola Rosea, Ginseng, Niacinamide, T3...) and I keep coming back to coffee and sugary food. You really can't beat strong coffee and some orange juice, a chocolate bar, baked goods (if you can digest them well) or fresh fruit. I would also say T3 is very effective but only if you pair it with sugary foods, on its own it will make you tired or anxious.

Modafinil will get you in the flow state instantly but for me it comes at the cost of my social skills. It makes me irritable, unempathetic and kills creativity and big picture thinking.

Last edited:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Memory retention also relies on repeating. If you are a student preparing for an exam, you need to review the material several times in ever longer intervals. You can test yourself by trying to recall the material, best if you have a study body, then you can test each other for the exam material.

For my physics studies, it helped me if I could tie the material to a particular example with a drawing. For languages and retaining vocabulary in high school, I had my grandma go through the new words that had to learn several times.

Back when I studied physics in Germany, I would listen to classical music while learning, my son does this with listening to Chopin. There is also binaural beat music that supposed to put the brain into a state where learning becomes easier:

My cousin in Gaithersburg was a rep for that and she gave me some brochures, one was a report from a teacher that had to teach children that came from 'the street', when he placed speakers up in the classroom and played this music with the hemi-sync modulation, the one student that could not sit still before would place himself in the middle of the speakers and was attending to the class! The teacher also noted the difference in his classroom and the one next door: his class was quite while in the other classroom the students were loud. Interesting. I have used the music and it definitely calms me down.

In order to avoid sugar peaks and drops, I remember reading about a Swiss nutrition researcher, I think his name was 'Collat' or 'Colat', when my parents visited Switzerland we bought these Colat Flakes, they were rolled wheat or something, essentially a cereal that one would eat similar to the Swiss muesli. During digestion, sugar would be continuously released without causing a sugar spike, giving the brain the needed glucose.

Water is another thing: If I get tired, usually after lunch, I seem to get dehydrated. I drink two glasses of water and I am fine.

Last edited:

NodeCerebri

Sulbutiamine is my wonder drug.
it’s good that you get the collective intelligence on here. I also had to try many things and realized that everyone is so different and needs to find out for himself.
oh and also Pregnenolone, typically larger doses

koreus

Sulbutiamine is my wonder drug.
it’s good that you get the collective intelligence on here. I also had to try many things and realized that everyone is so different and needs to find out for himself.
oh and also Pregnenolone, typically larger doses
Interesting, how does pregnenolone help memory and focus?

NodeCerebri

Interesting, how does pregnenolone help memory and focus?
My memory seemed to suffer from an anxious attitude and Pregnenolone made me calm. That’s why I also focus better then. Again, this doesn’t have to work for everyone. Some people may need that stress to memorize, as it’s the evolutionary way humans are designed to learn: there must be an element of urgency and survival instinct.

thiamine (B1).
Didn't Ray say that, when he was studying French and memorizing many words, he noticed that taking thiamine improved his memory? Also, massively increases CO2, which is great.

Cloudhands

Lsd in tiny amounts made learning japanese very easy for me. If i accidently took too much sometimes id be able to understand words id never even heard before, and id have weird thought loops in japanese. I stopped both taking japanese and LSD lol. It got uncomfortable taking it in a class setting, i felt like i was reading peoples minds, but if youre learning on ur own it may help.

mostlylurking

Didn't Ray say that, when he was studying French and memorizing many words, he noticed that taking thiamine improved his memory? Also, massively increases CO2, which is great.
Yes he said something like that. I remember he also said that he would take thiamine before studying for a test and then take it again shortly before taking the test and this gave him the ability to access his memory really well and ace the test. He likes to talk about it but I can't find an article where he's written about this though.

Here is a typical mention of thiamine in Ray's articles:

"All of the nutritional factors that participate in mitochondrial respiration contribute to maintaining a balance between excessive excitation and protective inhibition. Riboflavin, coenzyme Q10, vitamin K, niacinamide, thiamine, and selenium are the nutrients that most directly relate to mitochondrial energy production."

Thiamine is very important; without it oxidative metabolism is impossible and you get overwhelmed with lactic acid build up (Warburg's cancer metabolism).

Yes he said something like that. I remember he also said that he would take thiamine before studying for a test and then take it again shortly before taking the test and this gave him the ability to access his memory really well and ace the test. He likes to talk about it but I can't find an article where he's written about this though.

Here is a typical mention of thiamine in Ray's articles:

"All of the nutritional factors that participate in mitochondrial respiration contribute to maintaining a balance between excessive excitation and protective inhibition. Riboflavin, coenzyme Q10, vitamin K, niacinamide, thiamine, and selenium are the nutrients that most directly relate to mitochondrial energy production."

Thiamine is very important; without it oxidative metabolism is impossible and you get overwhelmed with lactic acid build up (Warburg's cancer metabolism).
I too have never seen him mention that in any of his articles( that I've read at least), it's only on interviews.

Completely agree on the importance of thiamine.

Diogo

Lsd in tiny amounts made learning japanese very easy for me. If i accidently took too much sometimes id be able to understand words id never even heard before, and id have weird thought loops in japanese. I stopped both taking japanese and LSD lol. It got uncomfortable taking it in a class setting, i felt like i was reading peoples minds, but if youre learning on ur own it may help.
What chemicals would you avoid microdosing LSD and why? MAO Inhibittors would be some of them? Piracetam is a must for me and am thinking of going Microdosing, just like you did but am kinda scared about it.

cjm

"The way I learned French to pass my graduate school exam was over a weekend with plenty of coffee and a few hundred milligrams of vitamin B1. I sat down and memorized 4,000 words, I think it was." [link to forum discussion]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals