Anyone's Hair Went From Curly To Straight After Fixing Thyroid?

JDreamer

your thyroid got messed up? hypothyroidism causes the body hair apparently? how is your head hair

It's been a while since I've gone and had panels done. In the past my TSH has always fluctuated from 2.2 to 3.4. My hair is barely holding on right now with major recession at the temples and diffused thinning on top. I'm very reliant on hair fibers for the time being.

Back in like 2007 my general practitioner at the time decided to put me on some levothyroxine, but took me off of it after a few weeks.

Kartoffel

My body hair has gotten progressively worse as time has worn on. Quite frankly it's a major source of insecurity and I've spent too much of my life man-scaping to keep it under control. I once did the math on the amount of time I've dedicated to it and it made me sick to my stomach.

I miss being the kind of person who could just shower up real quick and go. Nowadays, between the hair loss and the manscaping I have to plan my days around it. It makes me really depressed sometimes.

Obsessing about it is obviously not healthy, but stating the obvious is probably not helpful. I think obsessive behavior is itself a symptom of bad health and poor thyroid function/low energy levels, and not just triggered by your hair problems. Correcting your thyroid function might correct both your mental issues as well as your hair problems. There are several case reports showing that hair can regrow after correcting hypothyroidism, and even body hair can be severely reduced once the body becomes warmer. I think Peat himself once said that he experienced an interesting shedding of body hair when he was particularly healthy one summer.

LUH 3417

This is an interesting theory but hard to make sense when applying to people I know. For instance I know two brothers, one has MS which RP believes is caused by hypothyroidism and should be renamed myxedema syndrome. The other one is pretty healthy and has no diagnosed health issues. The healthy one has chest and back hair whereas the one with MS has body hair only on his legs. What gives?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals