Anyone Who Doses High K2 Mk4 Notice Any Affects On Hairloss

D

Deleted member 5487

Interesting. So u think k2 is causing high prolactin and that’s the cause of my shedding?
Is that what your suggesting?

I stopped the K. And the shedding stopped. Literally the next day.

I believe so, if you take it with calcium carbonate they balance out

Pistachio

K2 is defiantly androgenic as is aspirin/ E/ collagen/gelatin...etc.

People on here act like they’re not.

The reason they cause shedding is because hormonally your lacking in prog/pregnenolone/ thyroid. Androgenic supplements further increase androgens to protective hormones ratio and cause the shedding/masculinization.

Healthy people with high thyroids have high androgens and remain lean and fit with full heads of hair.

With K2 you want to take a lot of calcium carbonate with it. When u take k2 without it , it tanks your calcium and spikes your prolactin.

The real question how do we return to a youthful metabolism. That’s the problem, since through stress a lot of us we’re damaged with PUFA liberation and excess serotonin. Reversing these trends is a dialey struggle.

Think you are on to something here. Took a low dose of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (1oo mcg) and libido increase. Took double that but with added MK-4, and libido decrease and MPB hair tingling/itching. Must be something like raised prolactin.

baccheion

Think you are on to something here. Took a low dose of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (1oo mcg) and libido increase. Took double that but with added MK-4, and libido decrease and MPB hair tingling/itching. Must be something like raised prolactin.
What happens when you take 200 mcg without added MK-4?

Inaut

I have to agree with you here. I switched from MK4 to MK7 a couple of months ago and I actually prefer it. I’d get the odd nose bleed from aspirin (and any other thinning supps/foods I take) but since switching to mk7 that isn’t a problem. I think I will continue using it. Easy to take coupled with my D.

Pistachio

I have to agree with you here. I switched from MK4 to MK7 a couple of months ago and I actually prefer it. I’d get the odd nose bleed from aspirin (and any other thinning supps/foods I take) but since switching to mk7 that isn’t a problem. I think I will continue using it. Easy to take coupled with my D.

You dumped MK4 for MK7 because of just nose bleeds? Did you also have increased scalp itching, shedding?

Last edited:

Pistachio

I'd like to know how and why high K2 without sufficient calcium intake may spike prolactin. Prolactin further causes more hypercalcemia, which can only cause more fibrosis in the body and, more importantly, the scalp. This would explain the increased infamous hair-loss itching/stinging with high k2.

baccheion

I'd like to know how and why high K2 without sufficient calcium intake may spike prolactin. Prolactin further causes more hypercalcemia, which can only cause more fibrosis in the body and, more importantly, the scalp. This would explain the increased infamous hair-loss itching/stinging with high k2.
Maybe it lowers serum calcium (more osteoblasts and less osteoclasts; more activated osteocalcin), resulting in greater thirst/prolactin?

I doubt this problem occurs when vitamin D3 is in proper/sufficient ratio with A, as vitamin A pulls calcium from bones. On the other hand, perhaps that's not the desired effect.

Inaut

I dumped mk4 because I was taking higher doses and still getting nose bleeds. Hasn’t happened so far on mk7. Not saying Mk4 is bad, just that I’ve been feeling better with 7 so far. Didn’t notice scalp itch or more hairloss... Hair wasn’t getting better though

baccheion

I dumped mk4 because I was taking higher doses and still getting nose bleeds. Hasn’t happened so far on mk7. Not saying Mk4 is bad, just that I’ve been feeling better with 7 so far. Didn’t notice scalp itch or more hairloss... Hair wasn’t getting better though
Was there a need for more vitamin C? Lower levels can lead to nose bleeds.

Inaut

I don’t really take ascorbic acid anymore as a supplement so it may be possible. I do drink a lot of OJ and eat a decent amount of fruits daily though so I’d venture I’m doing alright in that category.

Tarmander

yeah K2 made me shed and I did it for a year convinced of the benefits of K2. My hair was limp and thin as well. My hairline probably lost half a cm

BigChad

yeah K2 made me shed and I did it for a year convinced of the benefits of K2. My hair was limp and thin as well. My hairline probably lost half a cm

So k2 does basically lower libido, calcium and raise prolactin? Thats messed up its promoted as androgenic yet does that.
Did you notice effects on your libido, nipples etc

Tarmander

So k2 does basically lower libido, calcium and raise prolactin? Thats messed up its promoted as androgenic yet does that.
Did you notice effects on your libido, nipples etc
I don't know if those mechanisms you mentioned are the reason it did not work as well for me as others. Vit K does lower estrogen quite a bit so some of my symptoms could have been from that as we are discussing over in the men's estrogen thread. I definitely felt more manly on it for awhile although that went away with time

Mauritio

I agree that it increases hair loss . I always wondered why. Also it has always been stronger when taken orally then topical.

In my opinion hair loss is caused by increased stress hormones like cortisol and prolactin.
When blood sugar suddenly falls you get a stress response that increases the mentioned hormones.
Now as haidut confirmed vitmakn k has a strong ability to lower blood sugar. That's why I think it comes down to low blood sugar.
Btw the mechanism through which it lowers blood sugar are osteocalcin and insulin.

I personally was not even able to tolerate vitamin k until I understood that. I always got anxiety ,aggression and also increased hair loss until I started to take it with a LOT of sugar or food ...Maybe the blood sugar lowering effects are more present when taken orally .

BigChad

I don't know if those mechanisms you mentioned are the reason it did not work as well for me as others. Vit K does lower estrogen quite a bit so some of my symptoms could have been from that as we are discussing over in the men's estrogen thread. I definitely felt more manly on it for awhile although that went away with time

What was your dosage frequency and how long did you use it for

Maybe 1mg K1, 1.5mg mk4, and 300mcg mk7, 4x a week would be ok?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals