Anyone trying progesterone in MCT oil taken orally

Nay, I've heard oral MCT oil can make you allergic to the very thing you're taking it with. Does progesterone come in olive oil? That might be safer.

B

Braveheart

From my notes on the topic...

***Haidut...."Peat has talked about oral vs topical progesterone in interviews and in his last newsletter. He said topical progesterone is only about 10 to 20% absorbed. ORAL PROGESTERONE is absorbed much better but it has to be dissolved in ***longer chain fatty acids... not MCT oil. If it’s dissolved in MCT oil and taken orally it will go to the liver and be metabolized so the progesterone wont reach the tissues. ***If the progesterone is dissolved in long chain fats, then it will get incorporated into chylomicrons and go directly to the blood stream and tissues which is similar to endogenously produced progesterone." (highlites/anotations are mine)

Long chain fatty acids have from 12 - 20 carbon atoms. The primary fatty acids in ***olive oil are all long chain fatty acids, having 18 carbons: oleic, linolenic and linoleic.

I do oral in olive oil....and straight topical sometimes.

Another comment from Haidut...."For general purposes, it is most economical and effective to **take progesterone dissolved in vitamin E orally, for example taking a few drops on the lips and tongue, or rubbing it into the gums (it is good for the general health of the gums). These membranes are very thin, and the progesterone quickly enters the blood. ***When it is swallowed, the vitamin E allows it to be absorbed through the walls of the stomach and intestine, and it can be assimilated along with food, in the chylomicrons, permitting it to circulate in the blood to all of the organs before being processed by the liver." Don't know my oils...E comparable to long chain fatty acids?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ecstatichamster
I recall his saying despite this supposed quick absorption, mct was helpful as a progesterone oral carrier. And was my experience.

OP
ecstatichamster

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRamK2-8yYM&t=3511s

know what did [help my disgestion]
51:58
the progesterone dissolved in mct which you and i talked about

any way
try it out and let me know for me the progesterone dissolved in mct works very similar to antibiotics very
52:15
similar interesting
52:16
um and uh yeah i know pete says it
52:19
doesn't go through the lymphatic system
52:21
and all that but
52:22
i do what works and for me that works
52:24
the best
52:25
olive oil probably because i'm getting
52:26
the crappy fake kind even even though i
52:28
get it from whole foods
52:30
people probably say well that's exactly
52:31
who sells the fake

tankasnowgod

Seems to be interesting. I heard @haidut mention it on Danny Roddy's podcast.
I used it this way, and it did seem to be effective, when looking for the "anti-catabolic" effects. Usually, I took with food that had some fat, so that might have helped absorption. Or, maybe it had little effect, as temperature in the GI tract isn't enough to get fats and steroids to mix well.

Although, I also tried applying a smaller amount to the lips, and that seemed to have a good effect, too. In fact, after a while of doing the oral MCT route, a smaller amount on the lips seemed more effective.

I do have some powdered progesterone (and some other steroids), and I'm taking a break from them right now. Previously, I used MCT and Vitamin E. I was thinking of dissolving in something with longer chain fats next time (like olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil) and vitamin E. I'm curious to see if there is any difference in effects.

OP
ecstatichamster
I used it this way, and it did seem to be effective, when looking for the "anti-catabolic" effects. Usually, I took with food that had some fat, so that might have helped absorption. Or, maybe it had little effect, as temperature in the GI tract isn't enough to get fats and steroids to mix well.

Although, I also tried applying a smaller amount to the lips, and that seemed to have a good effect, too. In fact, after a while of doing the oral MCT route, a smaller amount on the lips seemed more effective.

I do have some powdered progesterone (and some other steroids), and I'm taking a break from them right now. Previously, I used MCT and Vitamin E. I was thinking of dissolving in something with longer chain fats next time (like olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil) and vitamin E. I'm curious to see if there is any difference in effects.

interesting. I’m specifically looking for gut benefits. I take Progest-e and DHEA daily topically.

Rasaari

Imo a few drops in the bully button and some film on it is equivalent to gum application.

I'm gonna try mixing some progesterone that I got from a pharmacy in to caprylic acid and see if it works. I'm specifically looking for intestinal effects, and I might try a very high dosage if there are benefits. Peat has talked about high dosages for pushing the estrogen out of the cells, and also for "autoimmune" conditions. I have crohn's so I hope its gonna help me turn the tide around.

Rasaari

Also wonder if georgis "antibiotic like" effects come from just it being good for the liver, which is often burdened by bacteria, rather than progesterone going to the intestines.

OP
ecstatichamster
Imo a few drops in the bully button and some film on it is equivalent to gum application.

I'm gonna try mixing some progesterone that I got from a pharmacy in to caprylic acid and see if it works. I'm specifically looking for intestinal effects, and I might try a very high dosage if there are benefits. Peat has talked about high dosages for pushing the estrogen out of the cells, and also for "autoimmune" conditions. I have crohn's so I hope its gonna help me turn the tide around.

keep us posted. Worth trying.

IROM

With the Hormone-MCT stuff I do it under the tongue when I take it. For Progesterone I use a product called Progest-Avail which has DMSO. Sometimes get a sore but that may be do to putting it on gums rather than under the tongue.

Also do Pregnenolone on the genitals to guard against estrogen.

Bruna

just look above on this thr

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRamK2-8yYM&t=3511s

know what did [help my disgestion]
51:58
the progesterone dissolved in mct which you and i talked about

any way
try it out and let me know for me the progesterone dissolved in mct works very similar to antibiotics very
52:15
similar interesting
52:16
um and uh yeah i know pete says it
52:19
doesn't go through the lymphatic system
52:21
and all that but
52:22
i do what works and for me that works
52:24
the best