Anyone Tried Some Digestive Herbs Or Anything?

Redeye

I have a really big issue dealing with food, so much that I can't really eat anything or else I get a heavy feeling that lasts for days and my BP skyrockets. I also have kidney failure but other people with it don't get that apparently. Would be nice to hear some personal experiences with healing that.

Carrum

I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night feeeling some nausea which I am sure is being caused by the protein (meat) in my evening meal not being properly digested before I went to bed. The later my meal, the worse my sleep. Recently I have been having half a glass of store bought pineapple juice after my evening meal in the hope that the bromelain that is naturally in the pineapple juice, helps digest the meat properly. I have not had any problems with waking up with nausea since doing this but that could just be coincidence. For the past week or so I have started having a little pineapple juice after all meals at home. I feel that it is helping.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

I get good results using bromelain after a meal that is heavy in protein. Also, in terms of digestive herbs, artichoke extract works well for digestion, getting the bile flowing, etc. Life Extension sells a Europian style product called Digest RC (I believe), which has black radish and artichoke in it, along with some other herbs. Digestive bitters are made from these type of herbs, and work well, too. These, plus a standard mixed digestive enzyme formula is a good thing to use. Taking enzymes are part of the exocrine system, so taking them will not down-regulate your body's production of digestive enzymes, which some people believe. And, finally, having the proper amount of stomach acid is needed for good digestion, which can be achieved by different methods (proper salt use, betaine supplements, etc.}

NickC

Don't know about your particular issues but I have seen remarkable recovery in an elderly person who was suffering with severe unexplained weight loss which was cured with Swedish Bitters (Naturland Swedish Bitter liquid), one tsp with each meal.