Anyone tried sodium benzoate?

Mufasa

For a long time I have been wanting to try sodium benzoate. I found a place to order it, it is actually super cheap, it is widely used preservative.

Has anyone tried it? The reason I want to try it is because I feel good with celyon cinnamon, and benzoic acid is thought to be the primary way that cinnamon gives it health benefits for nitric oxide and ammonia toxicity.

I also have no idea what a good dosage would be.

Michael Mohn

I have a bag standing around and it might help excreting ammonia. The taste is kinda funny/pungy and when it comes in contact with vitamin c and maybe even citric acid the taste becomes unpleasant & chemical. If vitamin C turns it into carcinogenic benzene I don't know but the taste sucks and most of my meals have a high vitamin c content so to what do you add it? A few milligram can have an effect.

Michael Mohn

Inhaling large amounts of benezene is harmful only and the amount of benzoate used as a preservative are miniscule and actually large amounts of vitamin c prevent the conversion to benezene but low amounts of vitamin c increases conversion . I think sodium benzoate reduces fatigue associated which high ammonia levels but it has a chemical taste to it that discourages regular use.

Perry Staltic

Inhaling large amounts of benezene is harmful only and the amount of benzoate used as a preservative are miniscule and actually large amounts of vitamin c prevent the conversion to benezene but low amounts of vitamin c increases conversion . I think sodium benzoate reduces fatigue associated which high ammonia levels but it has a chemical taste to it that discourages regular use.

Doesn't have to be inhaled, and benzene is carcinogenic in any qty. Not saying it's an issue with consuming benzoate, but it might be.

OP
M

Mufasa

So you should avoid fruit or supplemental vitamin C while taking it.
For the rest, it seems safe and having very interesting health benefits.

Dr. B

I have a bag standing around and it might help excreting ammonia. The taste is kinda funny/pungy and when it comes in contact with vitamin c and maybe even citric acid the taste becomes unpleasant & chemical. If vitamin C turns it into carcinogenic benzene I don't know but the taste sucks and most of my meals have a high vitamin c content so to what do you add it? A few milligram can have an effect.
some or many processed foods contain i think some sort of ammonium ingredient. is that the same as ammonia.

Dr. B

what causes high ammonia, how can we reduce it.
doesnt protein intake cause ammonia

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals