Anyone tried NAD+ IV infusion?

DrJ

Per the title, has anyone tried an NAD+ IV infusion? Care to share your experience with the process, any perceived benefits, etc? Seems to take about 2 hours and is a bit expensive.

OP
DrJ

DrJ

Okay I took one for the team and went and tried this :). I did a '2 hour session' at a local 'med spa' or whatever.

The fluid is cold, but this was minorly annoying. I initially felt a pressure in my sternum for the first few minutes and a bit odd in general with tingling fingers. After that subsided, I started to feel better and better.

At the end of it, I would say I felt pretty awesome. About as awesome as I ever get to feeling. I felt very alert, mentally sharp, general higher awareness of my surroundings, but also calm. Breathing was slower and deeper. Oddly enough, I was speaking in a noticeably deeper voice. My muscles felt very relaxed. I was beginning to think in a 'planning manner', seeing all of my future options and decisions before me and how they might interact. Although I had eaten a light lunch not more than an hour before the IV started, I felt quite hungry. I initially thought to get some salty junk food on the way home but my brain was immediately like: no you should eat some healthy ***t. So I made a fruit smoothie when I got home.

Anyways, this all convinced me that - since my best feeling state is very similar to the post NAD+ IV state - they must be essentially the same thing and keeping NAD+ up is important (if not new to anyone here).

The benefit and 'good feeling' is supposed to last for some time, so we'll see how that goes and maybe I'll post back. If price were no object, I would definitely do it again and often. But alas it's a bit expensive so I'll have to budget these sessions carefully.

claire88

Have you supplemented with Niacinamide? How does the IV infusion compare to oral supplementation ?

Mauritio

Okay I took one for the team and went and tried this :). I did a '2 hour session' at a local 'med spa' or whatever.

The fluid is cold, but this was minorly annoying. I initially felt a pressure in my sternum for the first few minutes and a bit odd in general with tingling fingers. After that subsided, I started to feel better and better.

At the end of it, I would say I felt pretty awesome. About as awesome as I ever get to feeling. I felt very alert, mentally sharp, general higher awareness of my surroundings, but also calm. Breathing was slower and deeper. Oddly enough, I was speaking in a noticeably deeper voice. My muscles felt very relaxed. I was beginning to think in a 'planning manner', seeing all of my future options and decisions before me and how they might interact. Although I had eaten a light lunch not more than an hour before the IV started, I felt quite hungry. I initially thought to get some salty junk food on the way home but my brain was immediately like: no you should eat some healthy ***t. So I made a fruit smoothie when I got home.

Anyways, this all convinced me that - since my best feeling state is very similar to the post NAD+ IV state - they must be essentially the same thing and keeping NAD+ up is important (if not new to anyone here).

The benefit and 'good feeling' is supposed to last for some time, so we'll see how that goes and maybe I'll post back. If price were no object, I would definitely do it again and often. But alas it's a bit expensive so I'll have to budget these sessions carefully.
Thanks for trying.

OP
DrJ

DrJ

Have you supplemented with Niacinamide? How does the IV infusion compare to oral supplementation ?
Yes. With IV infusion it is absolutely obvious a big change is happening. With niacinamide it's not always obvious something is happening.

Beastmode

Peat doesn't seem like a fan of it doing it via IV as most of it doesn't get in the cells. Similar to glutathione and absorbic acid.

Niacinamide seems to be the safest, but possible not the most impactful in one dose. Hence, why he suggest it at low doses daily, minus the event of a sickness where a large dose would be helpful.

NMN is the recent craze as Tony Robbin's new book LIFE FORCE came out and he's a big fan/investor in Dr. David Sinclair's work who believes it works even better as a precursor than niacinamide.

Peat seems to the most accurate when it comes to long term stuff and that's partly why I haven't tried the NAD I.V infusion.

OP
DrJ

DrJ

Peat doesn't seem like a fan of it doing it via IV as most of it doesn't get in the cells. Similar to glutathione and absorbic acid.
Do you know where he discussed/mentioned this?

Beastmode

Do you know where he discussed/mentioned this?
It was from a podcast. He clumped those 3 together as not being good to have floating around in the blood. I believe it was a question about ingesting glutathione and the others were mentioned.

Might've been a Danny Roddy podcast this year. I imagine he has timestamps in which you could possibly find it that way. Hope that helps.

RealNeat

Niacinamide seems to be the safest, but possible not the most impactful in one dose. Hence, why he suggest it at low doses daily, minus the event of a sickness where a large dose would be helpful.

NMN is the recent craze as Tony Robbin's new book LIFE FORCE came out and he's a big fan/investor in Dr. David Sinclair's work who believes it works even better as a precursor than niacinamide.

Peat seems to the most accurate when it comes to long term stuff and that's partly why I haven't tried the NAD I.V infusion.
Peat directly advised against ascorbic acid IV? there is some compelling evidence for its use in cancer. The Powerful Duo: How Glutathione and Vitamin C IV Drips Impact Cancer