Anyone Taking Succinic Acid

I've started experimenting after hearing Haidut's and Danny Roddy's excellent podcast. Just to see how it goes. 300mg a few times a day.

Broken man

Hello, I was taking IT for some time. Can I ask you about source of the podcast?

OP
ecstatichamster
oh, man you should be listening to Danny and Georgy. I can't tell you enough how great they are and how Georgy is amazing.

Danny Roddy

Inaut

I’m taking it @ecstatichamster

Only 100-200mg a couple times a day. Really like it in combination with MB as per haidut’s comments on the two.

One of my favourite “stacks” pre workout

Also have to agree regarding the roddy/Georgi podcasts. Great discourse and repore

Broken man

not 100% sure but I think somewhere in the 2 or 2.5 hour mark

Thank you So much, dont know what haidut said but I was trying to find some info about succinic acid, I think Its good to know that if you have bad composition of gut microbiome, Its can cause problems.

Nebula

Been taking about 250 mg 1-2 times a day for a few months. Usually reacted with an equal amount (by volume= 1/16tsp) of magnesium carbonate to form magnesium succinate.

Great effects. Seems to have completely removed gut inflammation that I haven’t been able to get rid of for the last few years. Sleep deeper. Seems to also flushed out water retention completely too.

I’ve also been making a kale, swiss chard and cauliflower soup purée twice a week for awhile too which I think has also had similar effects with lowering inflammation, estrogen and water retention low.

Rand56

I took it awhile back, 200 mg's a couple times a day, and I felt nothing from it. Stopped taking it after about 2 weeks.

Nebula

Me too. I got a headache. May try once more.
Have you tried it reacted with magnesium carbonate? Noticed strongest positive effects this way.

I also noticed some side effects for a week or so. For me it was a worse mood, but then followed by a much improved sense of well being. Succinic acid should be chelating heavy metals, so maybe that process is having those unpleasant effects.

Nebula

Are you mixing it into the mg carbonate drink made from carbonated water + mg hydroxide, or just taking them separately in capsule form?
I combine 1/16 tsp of both succinic acid and magnesium carbonate into a small pan with some water.

Then I bring it to a boil. It seems to need quite a bit of heat to speed up the reaction, which should produce magnesium succinate.

Then I add some more water to cool it down before I drink it.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

I take it with MgCarbonate or VitC in a glass of water and stir a bit. Not much reaction but dissolved well.
Gives me significant improved stamina in sports

Ami

I combine 1/16 tsp of both succinic acid and magnesium carbonate into a small pan with some water.

Then I bring it to a boil. It seems to need quite a bit of heat to speed up the reaction, which should produce magnesium succinate.

Then I add some more water to cool it down before I drink it.
If you want to react all of the magnesium carbonate use 1.4 parts succinic acid to 1 part magnesium carbonate (by weight).

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
@Nebula tried your method in a cup in the microwave. Worked a treat. No headache either. Good way to get magnesium and succinic acid I think.

I await magical results.

Nebula

If you want to react all of the magnesium carbonate use 1.4 parts succinic acid to 1 part magnesium carbonate (by weight).
Equal amounts by volume must be pretty close to that ratio, because the magnesium carbonate only has a tiny to no amount left after reacting.

@Nebula tried your method in a cup in the microwave. Worked a treat. No headache either. Good way to get magnesium and succinic acid I think.

I await magical results.
Another thing I noticed is most potent results are on an empty stomach. It speeds up bowel transit and makes a better formed cleaner stool. Wonder if that’s because it’s delivering the magnesium and succinic acid directly to the intestine and increasing ATP? If so its amazing that it takes so little. Only about 40mg of magnesium and 250 mg succinic acid. It’s probably one of the cheapest and most effective things I’ve tried with supplements.

It absolutely has removed chronic gut inflammation for me. Gut is perfectly flat now, except for the small layer of belly fat I still have. It’s really nice not having a protruding gut anymore and feel like most things digest well.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals