And at what dose?

How much aspirin can one take I realize

differs from person to person

I also wonder if taking it with baking soda

can prevent stomach bleeding?

I am in Mexico and can't afford K2

Thank You

Anders86

Spinach or Kale? You can boil some for 1 hour and drink/shot the water. Very rich in nutrients, Vitamin K among others..

I have taken a lot of aspirin without K. Never had problem.

There is vitamin K1 in Mexican drugstores. 60 pesos/ 3 usd 5 vials 10mg each and you probably can buy just 1. Doesn't need to be injected you can just drink it.
Fitomenadiona.
Screenshot_20200302-181151.png

michael94

I think you might have been confused by the herb doctors when they said to take k2 with aspirin during their interview with Ray Peat recently. edit: which is not a bad recommendation, but K1 from Kale or something else is usually what people are referring to when they say to take Vitamin K with aspirin.

Ptolemy

Chris Masterjohn has an article on Vitamin K with a lot of really good information. He gives a list of foods high in Vitamin K:
The Ultimate Vitamin K2 Resource

Here are some brands he recommends:
  • Innovix Labs Full Spectrum Vitamin K2— This supplement wins on its diversity of forms (without going overboard on its total dose). It contains both MK-4 (500 μg) and MK-7 (100 μg). The MK-7 appears to be synthetic but bioidentical. It costs $21.97 on Amazon, is fulfilled by Amazon, and is eligible for Prime. Taken once a day, it costs 24 cents per day. Taken once every three days to achieve an average dose of 200 μg, it costs 9 cents per day.
  • Thorne Research MK-4This supplement wins on cost. Its cost is nearly identical between Amazon and Iherb ($64.62 and $64.65), and if ordered on Amazon it is fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for Prime. It contains one milligram of MK-4 per drop. While the label recommends a daily dose of 45 drops, this is based on studies using pharmacological doses to treat osteoporosis. It is easy to instead take one drop per day to obtain a nutritional dose. Taken like that, it costs 5 cents per day. Taken once every five days to achieve an average dose of 200 μg, it costs one cent per day. They also make a combination of vitamin D and K2 that is more expensive but easier to get a consistent daily dose of 200 μg from. This is described in more detail in the comprehensive review below.
  • Nested Naturals K2 — This is free of GMOs, soy, and other common allergens. It is made from fermented chickpeas. The MK-7 is made by another company, MenaQ7, whose MK-7 is sold under many different names and has also been used successfully in scientific research. This is the least expensive of all of the natural MK-7 products. It contains 100 μg of MK-7 and costs 12 cents per capsule. Taken twice per day to achieve 200 μg, it costs 24 cents per day.

Vinny

And at what dose?

How much aspirin can one take I realize

differs from person to person

I also wonder if taking it with baking soda

can prevent stomach bleeding?

I am in Mexico and can't afford K2

Thank You
I take 500 mg aspirin per day roughly, never took it with K and not intending to add K at all.
To avoid irritation from the acid, you can dissolve the aspirin in boiled water, and/or add a bit of soda as well.

Pdohlen

100grams of spring onion tops = approx 150 µg K
100grams of pickled gherkins = approx 50 µg K

In a sour-dough roll/baguette with som butter and roast beef.., and dont forget the mustard :)

Vinny

What soda do you mean? Baking soda or soda drinks like coca cola?
Sorry.
Not native and forget, that for whatever reason, you call the soft drinks sodas, lol
Yes, I meant baking soda, just a little bit, to kill some of the acidity. This is the way I take my aspirin.

Vinny

100grams of spring onion tops = approx 150 µg K
You mean the green parts, yes?

And also, does cooking them destroy K?
Thanks

Pdohlen

I was basing this on Cronometer pr 100g, and it seems a bit blurry..
100g Tops and bulbs raw=206µg K
100g spring onions cooked = 216 µg K
It seems odd that cooked would contain more K than raw?
And also it seems like the buld adds to the total K. Other vegetables typically has less K when cooked, i.e. Leeks have 13 µg K and 7 µg K, raw and cooked respectively

Vinny

I was basing this on Cronometer pr 100g, and it seems a bit blurry..
100g Tops and bulbs raw=206µg K
100g spring onions cooked = 216 µg K
It seems odd that cooked would contain more K than raw?
And also it seems like the buld adds to the total K. Other vegetables typically has less K when cooked, i.e. Leeks have 13 µg K and 7 µg K, raw and cooked respectively
Very interesting!
216 µg K is a pretty descent amount, considering that 100 gr of spring onions cost pennies... I hope those from Cronometer are correct. This is sensational!

meatbag

bruises like crazy, literally everywhere. I think Peat is right about 1mg k per 325 mg aspirin

SonOfEurope

I used to.
The insides of my nose (nostrils) got stickied with dry blood.

Same here, but I still take at least 260mcg K2 by each 325 tablet, not daily more like bi-weekly 1mg k2+975mg aspirin and for me it strongly lowers estrogen an NO.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals