Anyone Shed Their Belly-hip Fat?

Palpatine

i think it has nothin to do with age. For example last time i did 4 sprints and after that i totally shut down. Got headache nausea and overall bad feeling. I think its very effective in fat burning, and thus leads to a higher toxins burden in blood. I was 21 years old. Almost ripped but those last fat was stubborn fat which is i think most pufas most toxins stored in whole body.
Age definitely has something to do with it... so does overall health and conditioning.

I've recently started doing sprints... and I could only do 4 to start with... now I can do 6 in a session and soon I'll be able to do 8. But I only do them once a week, and sometimes once every 2 weeks. And believe me, every time I do them I'm beat afterwards... and I'm sore for days in my hamstrings.

I'm probably in better shape than most 45 yr olds... but riddled with injuries, back surgery, meniscus surgery, torn rotator cuff, etc. On top of crushing my hormones... If I sprinted a couple/few times a week, I can guarantee I'd tear a hamstring or something.

Enjoy your youth.

schultz

I used to do hill sprints back in the day. People would always walk by an ask me what I'm doing... "Hey what are you training for?" ... "Um, life?"

Glassy

I’ve shed a lot of belly and back fat but I also lost a lot of arm, leg and face fat. You can’t spot reduce fat loss to any significant degree, just lose fat and hope that it comes off in those more unappealing places first.

I think if you are significantly overweight then it doesn’t take much to lose a lot. Removing the things that slow your metabolism and adding things that promote it will probably be enough to stabilise your body weight in a lighter range almost effortlessly. I think going beyond that is where things become trickier because that seems to be where you start adding stress to the equation and metabolic adaptation becomes pretty real.

Before finding Peat I took my caloric intake to new lows for myself but my weight just wouldn’t drop further quick enough. I was eating high protein every day and lifting (wasn’t losing muscle mass) but the fat loss was frustratingly slow. I didn’t eat a lot of PUFAs but I also wasn’t aware of the impact that they had on my metabolism so I would eat them moderately during my diet breaks (which were intended to raise metabolism, add some muscle and provide a psychological break from dieting). I can see how counterproductive this seemingly small thing is.

I’m currently on a diet break trying to incorporate as much peatiness as possible to really rev my metabolism up and put on some muscle before going back into a caloric deficit. I now know that this will most likely induce increased cortisol and release stored PUFAs so I’m trying to plan how I will be able to best manage/mitigate this stress. I can’t see a way to completely avoid this and still lose the body fat I have been so reluctantly carrying for 20+ years. I have to go into a caloric deficit if I want to burn this fat and I know that this has some inherent risks and consequences.

OP
T
Nope. I gorged on coconut oil for years and only when I gave up all liquid fats, including coconut oil, butter, lard, etc did that stubborn fat go away. I am not recommending that you or anyone else give up all liquid fats (and consume only fats that meat & dairy contain) but am only pointing out what worked for me.

Hey mate, it’s been a while but I don’t think this observation got as much of a discussion as it deserves. Are you still avoiding liquid fats and doing well? I’m about to experiment with this myself and see what happens. How quickly did you see results from cutting the liquid fats?

Jon

I would seek to lower cortisol, estrogen, and the stress hormones in general which are known to increase adipose accumulation, especially in the abdomen.
I doubt starches would be much of an issue if consumed well-cooked, in moderation, with saturated fat, and ideally some sort of fructose to mediate the insulin response. Increasing muscle mass through non-stressful weight lifting would be beneficial as myocytes primarily oxidize fat at rest. Lowering fat will decrease aromatase expression, sparing unnecessary exposure to adipogenesis-promoting estrogens. Once you get going the weight should come off easy. I maintain a 6-pack lifting weights every other day and eating plenty of food in general, but especially protein and carbs.

Stress and abdominal Fat: Preliminary Evidence of Moderation by the Cortisol awakening Response in Hispanic Peripubertal Girls
Is visceral obesity a physiological adaptation to stress? - PubMed - NCBI
Chronic stress, visceral obesity and gonadal dysfunction. - PubMed - NCBI

@Dannywharton hes dead in with this. Foods that don't necessarily boost testosterone, just don't interfere with it nor promote estrogen are probably going to be your best bet.

Exercise is stressful :/ that's why we gain adaptive improvements from it.

OP
T
@Dannywharton hes dead in with this. Foods that don't necessarily boost testosterone, just don't interfere with it nor promote estrogen are probably going to be your best bet.

Exercise is stressful :/ that's why we gain adaptive improvements from it.

Thanks man, and thanks @DuggaDugga . I'm assuming you're referring to the classic Peat foods we all discuss on here with emphasis on slightly lower fat? Sorry, it sounds like I'm going over and over the basics, but there are such intricate discussions on here sometimes it's good to redefine the groundwork based on new findings.

Jon

Thanks man, and thanks @DuggaDugga . I'm assuming you're referring to the classic Peat foods we all discuss on here with emphasis on slightly lower fat? Sorry, it sounds like I'm going over and over the basics, but there are such intricate discussions on here sometimes it's good to redefine the groundwork based on new findings.

Well my opinion of diet differs from some. I'm more in favor of starch being the main source of calories. Specifically 3/4 carbs from starch 1/4 from fructose, 0.3g fat per lbs of fat free mass (for men), and 0.8g of protein per lbs of fat free mass.

I get in all my micronutrients from food and have proven to myself I can do this even with excess during only eating 1800cals. The 3 exceptions to this are calcium, vitamin D, and k2 which I supplement. Vitamin D I get from a low level tanning bed.

To lose weight I utilize a small calorie deficit in which I stay in for 4 weeks straight and then take two weeks off. I use this interval until I'm at my desired weight.

The very low fat/no fat approach is something I've been talking about with people a lot lately. I'm still on the fence of how well it works and if it's even useable by everyone, but I think it's plausible it COULD work as a means of low stress weight loss if you were very careful with it. I actually was thinking of experimenting with it and doing some blood work to go along with it but I did a preliminary low fat diet for the past week and I don't think it's gonna work out. My joints are achy as hell, the last time I felt this way was when I was supplementing phosphatadylserine which I think lowered my cortisol so much my joints couldn't lubricate.

That's my 2 cents on it all.

D

Deleted member 5487

Insulin, Cortisol, and Estrogen

So Increased insulin sensitivity, lower cortisol/estrogen is needed.

SPRINTS :
-Increasing insulin sensitivity
-Leptin sensitivity
-lowering cortisol=lowering estrogen(no alcohol)

Wanna avoid glycolsis(100meters plus) and definitely any long distance stuff.

So train the CP-ATP pathway 3-6 seconds at full speed/explosiveness. 5-7 reps.

So 20-30M sprints full speed

Do this every otherday and don't drink, eat peat. You will restore metabolic health and mitrcondrial robustness