Anyone Made Diy D3/k2 Transdermals

Muckl3

Has anyone made a transdermal out of say pills, capsules, liquids (sub sprays) with ethanol or oils......

If I could work out a diy transdermal I think it would be a hell of allot cheaper, would love to know if anyone has done this. I’m making my own solban type formula and it’s saved tons.

Wilfrid

Hi,

I’m currently using bio tech pharmacal vitamin D3 50 000 IU per caps ( a dry water soluble one ). I open a capsule and pour it in an empty teaspoon then I add a few drops of vodka, just enough to solubilize the powder ( I still get a very slightly grain texture due to the presence of MC as excipient in the formula ). And then, I massage it on my calf. The penetration is almost immediate.
I have also mixed few caps of it in a solution of caffeine and niacinamide in a spray bottle that I also use on my scalp.

cjm

Has anyone made a transdermal out of say pills, capsules, liquids (sub sprays) with ethanol or oils......

If I could work out a diy transdermal I think it would be a hell of allot cheaper, would love to know if anyone has done this. I’m making my own solban type formula and it’s saved tons.

Lotioncrafters makes a cool little kit for adding water-soluble actives to a water-in-silicone cream. I make a vitamin C cream right now at 10% concentration, an ounce at a time. The kit costs a little over $20 with shipping and you can make 10 ounces I believe. Not sure the adverse long-term health effects of the chemicals they use in the serum.

Vodka in water works, too. You could re-create SolBan exactly the way it's made if you wanted. 20% ethanol.

I’m currently using bio tech pharmacal vitamin D3 50 000 IU per caps ( a dry water soluble one ). I open a capsule and pour it in an empty teaspoon then I add a few drops of vodka, just enough to solubilize the powder ( I still get a very slightly grain texture due to the presence of MC as excipient in the formula ). And then, I massage it on my calf. The penetration is almost immediate.

That's incredible, I never thought to go so "single serving" with it. Ethanol is a hell of solvent!

Wilfrid

@cjm I am now using an oral form of vitamin D that I can tolerate without any kind of weird reactions.
Back then and when using it topically,I had positive results (enhanced vitamin D status confirmed by
blood test) only with water miscible version of it.
Life extension used to make a good product and currently only Design for health is making a reliable and available OTC one.
Same with vitamin A, Nutrisorb used to make a very effective product when used topically. Unfortunately no longer available.
Unless doing a DIY version, the best and only reliable other options for transdermal vitamin A, D and K are the products made by @haidut.
I dont think that the oily commercial version of those vitamins are very effective at raising blood level effectively when used topically.

cjm

@cjm I am now using an oral form of vitamin D that I can tolerate without any kind of weird reactions.
Back then and when using it topically,I had positive results (enhanced vitamin D status confirmed by
blood test) only with water miscible version of it.

Life extension used to make a good product and currently only Design for health is making a reliable and available OTC one.
Same with vitamin A, Nutrisorb used to make a very effective product when used topically. Unfortunately no longer available.
Unless doing a DIY version, the best and only reliable other options for transdermal vitamin A, D and K are the products made by @haidut.
I dont think that the oily commercial version of those vitamins are very effective at raising blood level effectively when used topically.

Okay, so alcohol did not work with the oi? I was completely wrong lol.

What's the brand of D that's working for you?

Wilfrid

Okay, so alcohol did not work with the oi? I was completely wrong lol.

What's the brand of D that's working for you?
Oh no, vodka worked perfectly because the ratio water/ethanol is almost perfect.
I think water is one of the best natural, safe and effective transdermal enhancer known to man.The next one is alcohol. Substances that are amphiphilic in nature (like caffeine) or man-made amphiphilic (like water soluble/miscible version of liposoluble vitamins) are effective and easily absorbed when applied on human skin and can be very very effective when applied on specific area on one body (calf, front of the neck, top of feet etc....)
I am currently using a pharmaceutical grade and injectable vitamin D called Dibase, I bought it in Italy. There is only two ingredients: vitamin D and refined olive oil.
Before using this product, like I said above, I was using the one made by Design for health:
Each ingredients in this formula are all safe and effective transdermal enhancers and the product is made liquid soluble. I used to rub a few drops of 95 proof food grade alcohol on my skin before applying few drops of the product. But the cost is prohibitive for me since I live in France.
But if I have the choice and the money, I will pick the transdermal route rather than the oral one for this particular vitamin.

Last edited:

cjm

Oh no, vodka worked perfectly because the ratio water/ethanol is almost perfect.
I think water is one of the best natural, safe and effective transdermal enhancer known to man.The next one is alcohol. Substances that are amphiphilic in nature (like caffeine) or man-made amphiphilic (like water soluble/miscible version of liposoluble vitamins) are effective when applied on human skin and can be very very effective when applied on specific area on one body (calf, front of the neck, top of feet etc....)
I am currently using a pharmaceutical grade and injectable vitamin D called Dibase, I bought it in Italy. There is only two ingredients: vitamin D and refined olive oil.
Before using this product, like I said above, I was using the one made by Design for health:
Each ingredients in this formula are all safe and effective transdermal enhancers and the product is made liquid soluble. I used to rub a few drops of 95 proof food grade alcohol on my skin before applying few drops of the product. But the cost is prohibitive for me since I live in France.
But I have the choice and the money, I will pick the transdermal route rather than the oral one for this particular vitamin.

Oh, I see. I thought the D was in oil. My reading comprehension is off today: I saw "MC" as "MCT" and assumed it was oil. completely missing the part where you say the D is a "a dry water soluble one." What is MC, cellulose?

Vodka/ethanol and water works super well, I agree. I was using isopropyl for a while with some strong homeopathics (arnica and adrenalinum) before I realized it was toxic. I never felt bad from using it. But actually vodka is cheaper than rubbing alcohol, or maybe the same price. It's funny, the cheapest vodka at my local store is sold in a glass bottle, not plastic like you might assume.

"I used to rub a few drops of 95 proof food grade alcohol on my skin before applying few drops of the product. But the cost is prohibitive for me since I live in France."

That's a shame, but what a great way to extend the life of the product.

The MCTs don't cause any issue with the vodka?

1614630569267.png

Wilfrid

Oh, I see. I thought the D was in oil. My reading comprehension is off today: I saw "MC" as "MCT" and assumed it was oil. completely missing the part where you say the D is a "a dry water soluble one." What is MC, cellulose?

Vodka/ethanol and water works super well, I agree. I was using isopropyl for a while with some strong homeopathics (arnica and adrenalinum) before I realized it was toxic. I never felt bad from using it. But actually vodka is cheaper than rubbing alcohol, or maybe the same price. It's funny, the cheapest vodka at my local store is sold in a glass bottle, not plastic like you might assume.

"I used to rub a few drops of 95 proof food grade alcohol on my skin before applying few drops of the product. But the cost is prohibitive for me since I live in France."

That's a shame, but what a great way to extend the life of the product.

The MCTs don't cause any issue with the vodka?

View attachment 21935
Yes, MC stands for microcrystalline cellulose.
I was rubbing the 95 proof alcohol on my skin before applying the vitamin D drops, just to further enhance the percutaneous absorption, I was not mixing the two in the same bottle.
The DoF vitamin D is perfectly soluble in vodka or other higher grade alcohol.
I was using vodka when I used the Bio-tech product but mixing the content with water only should work perfectly as well:
« Topical Vitamin D sources include:

Last edited:

cjm

I was rubbing the 95 proof alcohol on my skin before applying the vitamin D drops, just to further enhance the percutaneous absorption, I was not mixing the two in the same bottle.

I'm fully understanding now. Dig it.