Anyone Lower TSH Without Thyroid Hormone?

raypeatclips

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had lowered their TSH without using any sort of thyroid hormone? This is verified by blood tests before and after. There are a few threads on the forum on ways to do it, I was just wondering if anyone had done it, and if so, what have you done?

Thanks!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had lowered their TSH without using any sort of thyroid hormone? This is verified by blood tests before and after. There are a few threads on the forum on ways to do it, I was just wondering if anyone had done it, and if so, what have you done?

Thanks!

Suppressing TSH is not the same as increasing the amount of thyroid hormones, one of those is a good way to fix the problem and the other isn't.

One can suppress TSH which in turn will downregulate the thyroid and leave you with a lower concentration of hormones than before.

The idea should be to increase the amount of thyroid hormones in the body, so that the TSH naturally falls to an optimal level.

The better question is:

Has anyone increased their T4 and FT4 lab results while lowering their TSH without using any sort of thyroid hormone?

Last edited:

Milena

Suppressing TSH is not the same as increasing the amount of thyroid hormones, one of those is a good way to fix the problem and the other isn't.

One can suppress TSH which in turn will downregulate the thyroid and leave you with a lower concentration of hormones than before.

The idea should be to increase the amount of thyroid hormones in the body, so that the TSH naturally falls to an optimal level.

The better question is:

Has anyone increased their T4 and FT4 lab results while lowering their TSH without using any sort of thyroid hormone?
:+1

x-ray peat

somebody just mentioned in another thread that they had used IR light to boost their thyroid. lots of studies to back this up too.

The better question is:

How can u lower tsh without thyroid hormone increasing?

How can u lower tsh without thyroid hormone increasing?

Maybe caffeine, thyroid-supressing drugs (thiamazole, methimazole) etc., some other supplements, eating tons of carbs causing increased conversion of T4->T3... but that's beside the point because...

Your goal should never be to lower TSH for the sake of lowering it. If you just lower TSH then you also lower thyroid activity, that's part of the negative feedback loop between the thyroid and pituitary. Rather...

Your goal should be to INCREASE thyroid hormones. The TSH lowering is just a consequence of that. The real benefit comes from having adequate thyroid hormones, not from a low TSH....

The ideal way to fix HIGH TSH is to increase output at the thyroid -> increases T4 and FT4...
Then the pituitary senses an increase in hormones and lowers TSH to ideal range (0.5 - 1.0 or thereabouts)..

Sounds very simple on paper, quite difficult to do in practice...

rmgwm

Hello,

Thanks!

Do you take Iodine, or any supplement that may have Iodine in it?

peep

Im trying to lower my TSH (or increase my thyroid hormones) by lowering my cortisol.

But I need someone to back me up on this.

I tried Iodine, but my TSH went up from 3.7 to 4.2. (which is considered normal when you ingest more than 7 mg of Iodine through Lugols)
It dropped now 6 months after to 3.5. So only small changes with Iodine.

There are some reviews on Ashwagandha lowering TSH by lowering cortisol levels. So thats my goal right now.

ubiety

My TSH went from 1.04 to .60 in a recent 6 week period between labs. I attribute the drop to redlight therapy. I'm not taking any thyroid, and still have hypo symptoms though so I don't think TSH gives the complete picture of thyroid health.

Mito

Your goal should be to INCREASE thyroid hormones.
Shouldn’t the goal be to increase thyroid hormone’s activity in the cell? (Because the real goal is to improve cellular respiration). Haidut said on one of the Danny Roddy podcasts that most hypothyroid people (I think he said 80%) suffer from so called “functional hypothyroidism”. So their TSH is fine and they have enough circulating thyroid hormore (at least T4) but the cell is not reacting to thyroid like it should. Maybe T4 to T3 conversion problems, maybe PUFA blocking thyroid effects, maybe too little vitamin A, etc.

Shouldn’t the goal be to increase thyroid hormone’s activity in the cell? (Because the real goal is to improve cellular respiration). Haidut said on one of the Danny Roddy podcasts that most hypothyroid people (I think he said 80%) suffer from so called “functional hypothyroidism”. So their TSH is fine and they have enough circulating thyroid hormore (at least T4) but the cell is not reacting to thyroid like it should. Maybe T4 to T3 conversion problems, maybe PUFA blocking thyroid effects, maybe too little vitamin A, etc.

Not me. I have high TSH and low-mid-range T4. I want low TSH and high range T4.
When I boost my thyroid with red light activity, I feel better. I simply don't make enough hormones for whatever reason. This is why damn near all diet & supplements did not help me at all.
Only things that help me are sleeping very warm (double layer clothing) and red light therapy with various lights. I've tried just about everything else and it doesn't even touch my main problems.

My TSH went from 1.04 to .60 in a recent 6 week period between labs. I attribute the drop to redlight therapy. I'm not taking any thyroid, and still have hypo symptoms though so I don't think TSH gives the complete picture of thyroid health.

T4, T3, FT4 and FT3 are likely better markers than TSH itself. The red light could stimulate thyroid leading to decreased need for TSH stimulation, but the overall level of hormones could be more or less the same explaining the no change in symptoms.

That's kinda disappointing to be honest, I was hoping that red light could help regenerate the thyroid to work on its own. It seems that most of these therapies are just 'boosting' but not really help the gland work better on its own. In other words when you stop the therapy you are likely to regress back to square one. That's not what we're looking for, ideally.

DaveFoster

Your goal should never be to lower TSH for the sake of lowering it. If you just lower TSH then you also lower thyroid activity, that's part of the negative feedback loop between the thyroid and pituitary. Rather...

Your goal should be to INCREASE thyroid hormones. The TSH lowering is just a consequence of that. The real benefit comes from having adequate thyroid hormones, not from a low TSH....
Can you provide a source for that claim?

"Some critics have said that most physicians are “treating the TSH,” rather than the patient. If TSH is itself pathogenic, because of its pro-inflammatory actions, then that approach isn't entirely useless, even when they “treat the TSH” with only thyroxine, which often isn't well converted into the active triiodothyronine, T3. But the relief of a few symptoms in a small percentage of the population is serving to blind the medical world to the real possibilities of thyroid therapy.

TSH has direct actions on many cell types other than the thyroid, and probably contributes directly to edema (Wheatley and Edwards, 1983), fibrosis, and mastocytosis. If people are concerned about the effects of a TSH “deficiency,” then I think they have to explain the remarkable longevity of the animals lacking pituitaries in W.D. Denckla's experiments, or of the naturally pituitary deficient dwarf mice that lack TSH, prolactin, and growth hormone, but live about a year longer than normal mice (Heiman, et al., 2003). Until there is evidence that very low TSH is somehow harmful, there is no basis for setting a lower limit to the normal range.

Some types of thyroid cancer can usually be controlled by keeping TSH completely suppressed. Since TSH produces reactions in cells as different as fibroblasts and fat cells, pigment cells in the skin, mast cells and bone marrow cells (Whetsell, et al., 1999), it won't be surprising if it turns out to have a role in the development of a variety of cancers, including melanoma."

- Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

Ania

My last tests showed TSH 1.1. Still not perfect, but great improvement. Last time it was around 3. No thyroid hormone. I used some red light in July and August. I also take humic/fulvic acid. All my test came back surprisingly good. I sent them all to dr. Peat. He summed up thre was nothing worriesome in my bloodwork.
I do not know what helped my TSH, but subjectively I attribute it to red light and diet.

ubiety

T4, T3, FT4 and FT3 are likely better markers than TSH itself. The red light could stimulate thyroid leading to decreased need for TSH stimulation, but the overall level of hormones could be more or less the same explaining the no change in symptoms.

That's kinda disappointing to be honest, I was hoping that red light could help regenerate the thyroid to work on its own. It seems that most of these therapies are just 'boosting' but not really help the gland work better on its own. In other words when you stop the therapy you are likely to regress back to square one. That's not what we're looking for, ideally.

One other thing red light did was boost my testosterone; level was higher than a year ago and I feel my muscles bulk more and they are much harder.
But that additional testo also seems to be converting to estrogen - get bloating and some gyno.

I'm thinking that my hypothyroid symptoms are gut related, so working on fixing gut health now. Almost anything - eating (reactive hypoglycemia), any supplements, etc. drops my blood sugar. Eating a lot of sugar makes me then crave more and bloats.

I'm hoping that if I can fix my gut, then that will help support the improvements from things like diet, red light, etc. to be more consistent and without adverse effects.

Can you provide a source for that claim?

Of course that reducing TSH is a good thing and you should keep it as low as possible. But the reason the TSH is high is due to lack of sufficient thyroid hormones - this signals the pituitary to increase TSH output in an attempt to produce more hormones.

My point is that you can do various things to reduce the TSH, but that will not really be treating the source of your issue which is that your thyroid gland isn't producing enough hormones. Ideally you would fix your thyroid problem and then the TSH would drop on its own. That is my whole point.

Along with that you should not just be looking at TSH but all of your thyroid labs, and lastly most of all - your symptoms. I managed to reduce my TSH from 6.x to 3.5. Yes, I do feel better after that change. But concurrently my thyroid hormone profile looks better as well. Now do I feel better from the TSH change or the thyroid hormone change? Or both? Either way, those things go hand in hand.

What about the studies showing high T3 is related to high estrogen?
Thyroid - hormone effects on steroid - hormone metabolism.

Yes, that's something that I've experienced taking synthetic T3. It's never happened to me from trying to boost my thyroid through means like red light and others.

When I say 'increase thyroid hormones', I mean:

"Hypothyroid people should be attempting to increase their thyroid hormone levels to normal, euthyroid levels to support optimal health."

AND NOT:

"People with normal thyroid levels should be attempting to increase their thyroid hormones into supraphysiological ranges and obtain hyperthyroidism"

Which would then cause the kind of hyperthyroid estrogen-related changes that you are talking about. That's not what you should be attempting to do in the first place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals