Anyone losing eyelashes?

5magicbeans

My eyelashes seem to have thinned quite dramatically in the last 4/5 mths.

I"ve been taking cynoplus 1/16 -1/8 in evenings and occasional nibbles of cynomel during day for several months. Along with the usual RP eating.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Violet

That's so weird - I am too! No idea why... Maybe someone can help.

Dan W

Are the hairs physically thinner, or falling out/dying?

I had this half-baked theory that maybe prolactin was a factor for someone who was having her eyelashes fall out too frequently, based on this quote from Peat:
Ray Peat said:
[Prolactin] has the analogous function of terminating the growth cycle of the hair shaft. Cortisol and prolactin both rise during stress."
Note: I have no idea what to do with that theory :lol:

Mittir

Dan Wich said:
I had this half-baked theory that maybe prolactin was a factor for someone who was having her eyelashes fall.
Note: I have no idea what to do with that theory :lol:

RP has mentioned in KMUD hairloss interview that prolactin is a major cause of hair loss and
growth of abnormal facial hair in female.Thyroid, Calcium and vitamin A helps with lowering prolactin.
But prolactin is part of stress hormone group. Anything that improves thyroid function and
anti stress hormones help with lowering prolactin and other stress hormones.
Copper is directly involved in graying hair. Beef liver is rich in both vitamin A and copper.
Everything boils down to Thyroid and Ray Peat.

OP

5magicbeans

Thanks for your responses Dan and Mittir....this is definitely useful info.

Last labs prolactin was 10.9. Is that considered high? What is optimal?

Mittir

RP recommended DHEA, progesterone and caffeine in oil for hairloss in KMUD hair and gout interview.
He said 4-7 prolactin for male fertility and mentioned that reference range of prolactin level
used to be 2-12 for female. The article Dan cited in his post showed average prolactin
was 10 among Danny Roddy's clients with "male pattern baldness". PTH is also a factor in hairloss.
It seems like your prolactin is within older reference range but not optimal.
Here is the KMUD interview on hair loss.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=329

gp3690

I have noticed this too in the past year or so, I suspect it is low thyroid as my temps are in the 97's, pulse is 66-80. prolactin was 8..the hair are thinner and I notice more dust etc getting in my eyes because of the lack of lashes, also dealing with hair loss and outer eyebrow loss.
Anyone do anything to help with eyelashes besides taking thyroid?

supercoolguy

Mittir said:
RP recommended DHEA, progesterone and caffeine in oil for hairloss in KMUD hair and gout interview.
He said 4-7 prolactin for male fertility and mentioned that reference range of prolactin level
used to be 2-12 for female. The article Dan cited in his post showed average prolactin
was 10 among Danny Roddy's clients with "male pattern baldness". PTH is also a factor in hairloss.
It seems like your prolactin is within older reference range but not optimal.
Here is the KMUD interview on hair loss.
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewt ... f=41&t=329

RP mentioned to me:
"Vitamin D, to keep the serum level near 50 ng/ml, and plenty of calcium in the diet help with hair growth"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals