Anyone losing eyelashes?

5magicbeans

My eyelashes seem to have thinned quite dramatically in the last 4/5 mths.

I"ve been taking cynoplus 1/16 -1/8 in evenings and occasional nibbles of cynomel during day for several months. Along with the usual RP eating.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Violet

That's so weird - I am too! No idea why... Maybe someone can help.

Dan Wich

Are the hairs physically thinner, or falling out/dying?

I had this half-baked theory that maybe prolactin was a factor for someone who was having her eyelashes fall out too frequently, based on this quote from Peat:
Ray Peat said:
[Prolactin] has the analogous function of terminating the growth cycle of the hair shaft. Cortisol and prolactin both rise during stress."
Note: I have no idea what to do with that theory :lol:

Mittir

Dan Wich said:
I had this half-baked theory that maybe prolactin was a factor for someone who was having her eyelashes fall.
Note: I have no idea what to do with that theory :lol:

RP has mentioned in KMUD hairloss interview that prolactin is a major cause of hair loss and
growth of abnormal facial hair in female.Thyroid, Calcium and vitamin A helps with lowering prolactin.
But prolactin is part of stress hormone group. Anything that improves thyroid function and
anti stress hormones help with lowering prolactin and other stress hormones.
Copper is directly involved in graying hair. Beef liver is rich in both vitamin A and copper.
Everything boils down to Thyroid and Ray Peat.

5magicbeans

Thanks for your responses Dan and Mittir....this is definitely useful info.

Last labs prolactin was 10.9. Is that considered high? What is optimal?

Mittir

RP recommended DHEA, progesterone and caffeine in oil for hairloss in KMUD hair and gout interview.
He said 4-7 prolactin for male fertility and mentioned that reference range of prolactin level
used to be 2-12 for female. The article Dan cited in his post showed average prolactin
was 10 among Danny Roddy's clients with "male pattern baldness". PTH is also a factor in hairloss.
It seems like your prolactin is within older reference range but not optimal.
Here is the KMUD interview on hair loss.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=329

gp3690

I have noticed this too in the past year or so, I suspect it is low thyroid as my temps are in the 97's, pulse is 66-80. prolactin was 8..the hair are thinner and I notice more dust etc getting in my eyes because of the lack of lashes, also dealing with hair loss and outer eyebrow loss.
Anyone do anything to help with eyelashes besides taking thyroid?

supercoolguy

Mittir said:
RP recommended DHEA, progesterone and caffeine in oil for hairloss in KMUD hair and gout interview.
He said 4-7 prolactin for male fertility and mentioned that reference range of prolactin level
used to be 2-12 for female. The article Dan cited in his post showed average prolactin
was 10 among Danny Roddy's clients with "male pattern baldness". PTH is also a factor in hairloss.
It seems like your prolactin is within older reference range but not optimal.
Here is the KMUD interview on hair loss.
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewt ... f=41&t=329

RP mentioned to me:
"Vitamin D, to keep the serum level near 50 ng/ml, and plenty of calcium in the diet help with hair growth"

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
bzmazu "Terrorist" Now Defined As Anyone Disagreeing with Establishment Dogma Breaking News 26
P Can anyone tell me a site i can get a inhaler from Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Simatta Marc Pro Plus Experimentation Anyone? Ask For Help or Advice 0
D Anyone Ever Make Tea From Cilantro? Effective? Toxins, Detoxification 2
J Levo gives me high BP- is anyone using small doses of T3 with meals in lieu of levo? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
D Anyone Ever Sue Their Landlord To Get Back Security Deposit? How'd It Go? Miscellaneous 8
F anyone used hydrocortisone to help tolerate/utilize thyroid? Ask For Help or Advice 23
P Can Anyone Recommend A Good Weight Lifting Regime Exercise 6
P Anyone Have Experience With Everylywell At-home Thyroid Test? Blood Work, Labs 0
J Chillipad/OOLER System To Improve Sleep Anyone? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 1
A Anyone Tried A Pescatarian(ish) Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 2
M Is Anyone From The Forum From Germany Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
J Does Anyone Know Anything About Selleckchem Dot Com? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Gadreel Has Anyone Else Heard Of A 8 Wk 400mg Dhea Study? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
F Does Anyone Have A Backup Of Tyw's Blog? Ask For Help or Advice 13
U Anyone Had Health Improvements From Reducing Caffeine Intake? Coffee 42
ddjd Anyone Tried Drostanolone / Masteron ? Ask For Help or Advice 5
N Can Anyone Recommend A Practitioner To Help Me With PCOS Who Has Worked With Ray Peet In Australia? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Sexypizza Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Camphoric Acid? Digestion 5
C Anyone Cut Out All Refined Sugar? Diet 2
D DIY Mitolipin Anyone? Ask For Help or Advice 9
Hgreen56 Has Anyone Ever Actually Heard Dr Peat Recommend A High Carb Diet? Diet 64
S Can Anyone Help Read This Blood Work? Blood Work, Labs 0
johnwester130 Anyone In Terested In Natural Herbs? Do They Work? Things Like Schisandra Etc Supplements 25
J Anyone Using Xylitol? Oral Health 13
E If Anyone Is Interested I'll Be Sharing COA Of Douglas Labs Pregnenolone Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
J Has Anyone Tried Diffusing Baking Soda? CO2, Bag Breathing 12
T 2 Years Ago Life REALLY Crashed Anyone Have Information? Mental Issues 23
Frankdee20 Anyone Try Examastane Liquid From Blue Sky ? Ask For Help or Advice 5
K Anyone Tried Real Thyroid Made In Vietnam? Thyroid and Hormones 1
G Has Anyone Felt Worse Before They Felt Better With Vitamin D Deficiency Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
G Vitamin D Deficiency -anyone Ever Get Better? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
ecstatichamster Fisetin Anyone? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
Twohandsondeck Digestive Enzyme Success Stories Anyone? Supplements 7
L Has Anyone Truly Been Able To Raise Testosterone? Blood Work, Labs 97
jamies33 Does Anyone Make Pate? Recipes 1
J Has Anyone Seen Facial Changes In Jaw And Cheeks From Vitamin K2-mk4? Ask For Help or Advice 63
P Has Anyone Used Flonorm From Mexico For Sibo? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
C Anyone Tried Pimpom Ndt ? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 6
fitnessgirl Has Anyone Cured Their Anhedonia? Mental Issues 31
T Can Anyone Review Nate Hatch's F*ck Portion Control "cure For Baldness"? Hair & Nails 18
ddjd Has Anyone Ordered Progesterone Powder From China Ask For Help or Advice 9
T Does Anyone Know How They're Treating COVID-19 In UK Hospitals? Health 13
T Does Anyone Know If Cbd Oil Makes Benzodiazepines Less Effective? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Infarouge Has Anyone Resolved Chronic Health Conditions By *quitting* Supp Supplements 9
L Anyone Else Get Constipation From Well Cooked Mushrooms And Bamboo Shoots? Digestion 2
V Anyone Using Ghee? What's Your Experience? Ask For Help or Advice 5
G Anyone Heard Of Royal Rife? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
A.R Anyone Here Taken EPO Before? Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
ImprovingDaily Anyone Got A Source Of Edible Hydrogenated Oils In The U.S Ask For Help or Advice 9