Anyone Know of Games or "Child-like" Activities to Promote Learning?

Green Dot

Can't really think of any, I do recall playing with toy cars a lot as a child, there must be more refined activities though.

Jennifer

Can't really think of any, I do recall playing with toy cars a lot as a child, there must be more refined activities though.

If you liked cars as a child, how about building model cars? Two of my favorite child-like activities are legos—there are a lot of challenging design plans for adults—and the adult treasure hunt, geocaching.

akgrrrl

Quiet solitude with "doing things" is the key to creative growth. Observing, touching, smelling, seeing, hearing, either in nature or alone with art, building tools of any kind without artificial input...

Singing -- an activity beloved of children and adults. As a child, I especially loved doing it outdoors.

boris

When something sparks your interest. Follow it. That's what a child does. It's the best way to learn. When you find something interesting, you'll have fun finding out anything about it and that makes you retain more of the new information. It does get beaten out of you by schools, so it might be hard to get back into this mode.