Anyone Know How To Treat Gout?

In my own experience I only get gout when eating some butter for a couple of days. I've experimented like 10x and It's always a few days after butter.

Ice cream is fine. Coconut oil is fine. Olive oil is fine. But butter is NOT.

Then somebody posted some study which could maybe explain some mechanism behind it which made sense to me:

"ADEQUATE EVIDENCE is available to indicate a relationship between uric acid and lipid metabolism. Previous studies, however, have been confined to correlations between uricemia and the blood cholesterol in patients with gout or chronic hypercholesterolemia, or in other conditions where there may be an acute hyperlipidemia such as in diabetic acidosis. Preliminary findings suggesting a more precise association between the uric-acid levels and the blood triglycerides rather than the cholesterol, prompted us to investigate this more closely."

I am not sure what "lipid metabolism" is and if we should improve it but It could point to a right direction.
Increasing triglycerides/cholesterol could exacerbate gout.

Hgreen56

In my own experience I only get gout when eating some butter for a couple of days. I've experimented like 10x and It's always a few days after butter.

Ice cream is fine. Coconut oil is fine. Olive oil is fine. But butter is NOT.

Then somebody posted some study which could maybe explain some mechanism behind it which made sense to me:

"ADEQUATE EVIDENCE is available to indicate a relationship between uric acid and lipid metabolism. Previous studies, however, have been confined to correlations between uricemia and the blood cholesterol in patients with gout or chronic hypercholesterolemia, or in other conditions where there may be an acute hyperlipidemia such as in diabetic acidosis. Preliminary findings suggesting a more precise association between the uric-acid levels and the blood triglycerides rather than the cholesterol, prompted us to investigate this more closely."

I am not sure what "lipid metabolism" is and if we should improve it but It could point to a right direction.
Increasing triglycerides/cholesterol could exacerbate gout.
what kind of butter?
And how do you react on fructose (from juice, fruit, sucrose etc), caffeine, and niacinamide?
they all raise uric acid.

what kind of butter?
And how do you react on fructose (from juice, fruit, sucrose etc), caffeine, and niacinamide?
they all raise uric acid.
All kinds of butter. Especially the fried/heated butter.

Fructose actually heals the problem. I'm taking 200mg of niacinamide for 3 months already with no problems. Had no problems with tea or coffee as well.

I think gout has something to do with raised lipids in the blood and butter makes me flare in a just a few days of using it.

Hgreen56

All kinds of butter. Especially the fried/heated butter.

Fructose actually heals the problem. I'm taking 200mg of niacinamide for 3 months already with no problems. Had no problems with tea or coffee as well.

I think gout has something to do with raised lipids in the blood and butter makes me flare in a just a few days of using it.
what about purine? you eat high purine food? (meat, fish, liver, wheat products, some vegatables)

what about purine? you eat high purine food? (meat, fish, liver, wheat products, some vegatables)
I eat durum wheat pasta almost every day and meat every other day, liver once or twice a week, fish almost none. Now you do the math.

But I was on the carnivore diet for 3 months and I didn't had gout. (But I fried my meat on the barbeque with no added fats/oils).

Hgreen56

I eat durum wheat pasta almost every day and meat every other day, liver once or twice a week, fish almost none. Now you do the math.

But I was on the carnivore diet for 3 months and I didn't had gout. (But I fried my meat on the barbeque with no added fats/oils).
so its not the uric acid or purine but cholesterol that cause the problems.. right?
But meat and liver increase this to... and yolks... you eat eggs?

so its not the uric acid or purine but cholesterol that cause the problems.. right?
But meat and liver increase this to... and yolks... you eat eggs?
Yes and a lot of cheese and I have no problem. I think there is something to the heated/fried butter that changes it's structure which increases the lipids in the blood (not necessarily cholesterol in the blood).

Maybe it's just totally personalized for me but this is mostly what causes it for me.

I think it only happened once when I wasn't eating butter but maybe a lot of starchy foods which also could increase some blood lipids too.

From then on I just avoid butter and I had no problems. But it did happened to me 7-8 times during my lifetime. It lasted from 3-35 days.

Motif

I think I may have given myself gout. I ate a diet of high red meat, soda, oysters, and a few other things. I think it was all too much for my body because I wasn't eating any milk and in an effort to try to increase zinc and supplementing magnesium.

I notice I have joint pain now in my hands and sometimes my feet and I notice it in the same spots. I thought it was my body leeching magnesium or calcium from my bones, but my prolactin came back as 7 and I get enough of those.

I think it is gout. But I don't know how to treat it. I notice I get it if I eat oranges or other random things. I'm not sure what to do to fix it....... maybe a lot of water or calcium?

I went to the doctor he basically said everything was normal.... so I don't know what to do.

My hair is falling out like literal rocket fire now and is itchy a lot... I'm pretty sure I will be bald soon... the spots are starting to show now unfortunately... sigh.

I think if I can figure this gout thing out I will be okay though.

hi! How did this continue ?

Bodrum

Has this raw carrot thing ever really helped somebody with serious issues? I have to say I doubt that.
I had a terrible itch around my ***hole (yes) for about 14 years.. tried every kind of doctor and "cure"... nothing.. at least 2 itch attacks a day, and terrible woundsso etimes be auseIcpuldnt stop itching... end of may of 2021 istarted the carrot not 8n purpose to heal something specific... about 10 days later i realized no more itching... and haver never itched since... MIRACLE, at least for me :praying:

Sumbody

I think I may have given myself gout. I ate a diet of high red meat, soda, oysters, and a few other things. I think it was all too much for my body because I wasn't eating any milk and in an effort to try to increase zinc and supplementing magnesium.

I notice I have joint pain now in my hands and sometimes my feet and I notice it in the same spots. I thought it was my body leeching magnesium or calcium from my bones, but my prolactin came back as 7 and I get enough of those.

I think it is gout. But I don't know how to treat it. I notice I get it if I eat oranges or other random things. I'm not sure what to do to fix it....... maybe a lot of water or calcium?

I went to the doctor he basically said everything was normal.... so I don't know what to do.

My hair is falling out like literal rocket fire now and is itchy a lot... I'm pretty sure I will be bald soon... the spots are starting to show now unfortunately... sigh.

I think if I can figure this gout thing out I will be okay though.

I have resolved joint issues like you described above using red light, MSM, Glucosamine, boron/borax and high doses of Vitamin C 1-2 grams.

Will usually clear up quite quickly for me after the red light.

I have unresolved bone injuries in my wrists that often times lead to periodic joint issues that affect my hands and fingers as well.

Although sometimes I will use things like ibuprofen, or acetaminophen but I use those sparingly. Allopurinol is a pharma drug that can work, but I would only take that as needed and as sparingly as possible.

As mentioned above baking soda might work very well too. I will try that next time I have a flare up or joint paint.

Last edited:

Bodrum

I have resolved joint issues like you described above using red light, MSM, Glucosamine, boron/borax and high doses of Vitamin C 1-2 grams.

Will usually clear up quite quickly for me after the red light.

I have unresolved bone injuries in my wrists that often times lead to periodic joint issues that affect my hands and fingers as well.

Although sometimes I will use things like ibuprofin, or acetaminophen but I use those sparingly. Allopurinol is a pharma drug that can work, but I would only take that as needed and as sparingly as possible.

As mentioned above baking soda might work very well too. I will try that next time I have a flare up or joint paint.
Thank you

fr@

I'm not sure if my answer qualifies to this thread, but here's what I've realized:

- When I did Carnivore my Gout was nonexistent
- When I started a Ray Peat inspired diet it went back due to Fructose (so I had to limit my Fructose consumption from then on)
+ I could increase my Fructose consumption though if I lessen my dietary Protein
- Supplementing Systemic Enzymes reduces Gout Symptoms (including symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis) by a whole lot on the next day
+ assuming that you keep your diet clean
+ I also take it on a Fasted State
- My Gout Symptoms go back easily if I eat Pastries (probably it just depends on what Chemical Sludge they've used) *most likely if I don't take my Digestive Enzymes on that event