Anyone know how to make topical Cascara Sagrada?

Wanted to work on a skin issue I have and wanted to see if Cascara helps. I have Health Natura powder.

OP
ImprovingDaily
So I ended up dissolving some cascara powder in some vodka and applying that to the skin issue. It didnt fully dissolve but the alcohol ended up having a dark brown tint. Emodin is supposed to dissolve well in alcohol from what I researched so I'm assuming some if not most of the emodin is dissolved in solution. It's a bit early to say, but it does seem to be having some positive effects on my skin condition.

Korven

Hey, what kind of skin issues are you dealing with?

Topical hypochlorous (HOCl) acid is very gentle and fantastic for calming down any inflammatory skin condition. It doesn't really address any root cause, but it sure does help reduce itching and redness. Your own neutrophils make this substance so it's very safe, I spray it in my eyes and nose without any irritation. Raw honey, neem oil/powder and MSM could also be helpful topically. Progesterone gel is also a good anti-inflammatory.

Skin issues have been the bane of my life. I think any skin condition comes down to gut inflammation/irritation and an elimination type diet can be extremely useful to pinpoint what the problem is. When I eat the "wrong" foods my skin will tell me in less than 48 hours. It's also dose-dependent, when I eat just a bit of aggravating foods I'm fine (e.g white rice), but if I eat it 3x daily for a week and all hell break loose. Other variables to consider are nutrient deficiencies, thyroid function, stomach acid/digestion, gut dysbiosis, SIBO?, individual allergies to foods etc.

Topical hypochlorous (HOCl) acid is very gentle and fantastic for calming down any inflammatory skin condition. It doesn't really address any root cause, but it sure does help reduce itching and redness. Your own neutrophils make this substance so it's very safe, I spray it in my eyes and nose without any irritation. Raw honey, neem oil/powder and MSM could also be helpful topically. Progesterone gel is also a good anti-inflammatory.

Skin issues have been the bane of my life. I think any skin condition comes down to gut inflammation/irritation and an elimination type diet can be extremely useful to pinpoint what the problem is. When I eat the "wrong" foods my skin will tell me in less than 48 hours. It's also dose-dependent, when I eat just a bit of aggravating foods I'm fine (e.g white rice), but if I eat it 3x daily for a week and all hell break loose. Other variables to consider are nutrient deficiencies, thyroid function, stomach acid/digestion, gut dysbiosis, SIBO?, individual allergies to foods etc.
That is why asked what skin condition too, because MCT coconut oil works good for stubborn growths, honey can work good for wound and healing, but it does have an acid like mechanism which can burn the skin and neem oil and tea tree can be disaterous if it is an allergy type condition like a rash. I experienced all of them, with the neem & tea tree making a tiny itchy spot on my collar bone a raging rash that lasted for a month.

OP
ImprovingDaily

I'm not sure, but I think its a fungal infection. I'm trying the cascara because Emodin is anti microbial, even if the issue is not fungal, it still may help.

OP
ImprovingDaily
That is why asked what skin condition too, because MCT coconut oil works good for stubborn growths, honey can work good for wound and healing, but it does have an acid like mechanism which can burn the skin and neem oil and tea tree can be disaterous if it is an allergy type condition like a rash. I experienced all of them, with the neem & tea tree making a tiny itchy spot on my collar bone a raging rash that lasted for a month.
I tried MCT oil for about a week and I didnt notice any improvements. I'm hoping some of the oxidative properties from the Emodin can help kill off any potential bad stuff/improve redox balance.

I'm not sure, but I think its a fungal infection. I'm trying the cascara because Emodin is anti microbial, even if the issue is not fungal, it still may help.
Coconut oil is known as an anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal substance, gave you tried that? Is it on your feet?

I tried MCT oil for about a week and I didnt notice any improvements. I'm hoping some of the oxidative properties from the Emodin can help kill off any potential bad stuff/improve redox balance.
I just saw this post. White vinegar works well on fungus too.

OP
ImprovingDaily
Its on my feet but also other areas. I'll give white vinegar a go though, never tried it.

Korven

Oh yeah I agree that it's good to be careful with anything you put on your skin, I've really messed up my skin barrier function with tea tree oil (still hate the smell of that today lol). I've also ruined my skin with benzoyl peroxide, retin-A, and so on. Neem has worked wonders for me used both topically and orally but it's true that anything can cause allergenic reactions. HOCL spray is my new go-to for skin inflammation as it's a natural substance produced by your own body.

OP
ImprovingDaily
You can take aloe vera at that point (aloe-emodin)
I totally forgot that aloe has emodin! I'll give that a shot, thank you

This popped up as my 1st search result, so there definitely is plenty of evidence for it being antimicrobial. Makes sense with it having Emodin in it.

Oh yeah I agree that it's good to be careful with anything you put on your skin, I've really messed up my skin barrier function with tea tree oil (still hate the smell of that today lol). I've also ruined my skin with benzoyl peroxide, retin-A, and so on. Neem has worked wonders for me used both topically and orally but it's true that anything can cause allergenic reactions. HOCL spray is my new go-to for skin inflammation as it's a natural substance produced by your own body.
Thank goodness I didn't ruin my skin, but I don't use any creams or lotions on my skin anymore. What is HOCL and what have you noticed with it Korven?

OP
ImprovingDaily
Just want to provide an update. Was going to update earlier but I wanted to give it at least a couple weeks to see if what I was seeing was correct or placebo. The skin issue/infection is all gone now. Like nothing was ever there.

I want to thank @CO2 Retainer for their input on Aloe Vera. I purchased a small tub on Amazon and applied it to the affected area, twice a day, morning and night. Within a few days, the issue was completely resolved. Hasn't came back since, no more Aloe Vera even needed.

Thank you to everyone who gave their input. This forum, truly, is a gem. :):