Anyone Know How To Lower Choline Levels?

High choline foods cause me to feel depressed, lethargic and no drive what so ever. Anyone know of any decent methods for lowering choline levels? It seems essential for me to avoid nightshades. They hinder the choline conversion process.

Frankdee20

High choline foods cause me to feel depressed, lethargic and no drive what so ever. Anyone know of any decent methods for lowering choline levels? It seems essential for me to avoid nightshades. They hinder the choline conversion process.

Absolutely ditto on this, I warned people about Choline and depression. Just avoid eggs, and acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like Asparagus. Liver is high in Choline but high in glutamic acid for GABA. Otherwise, magnesium helps, benedryl, and OTC antihistamines.

ddjd

Absolutely ditto on this, I warned people about Choline and depression. Just avoid eggs, and acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like Asparagus. Liver is high in Choline but high in glutamic acid for GABA. Otherwise, magnesium helps, benedryl, and OTC antihistamines.
but its only dangerous for people who already have high levels of choline. if you're naturally very low in choline, taking something like an OTC antihistamine is terrible for your liver. I have very low choline levels naturally and not once have i felt depressed after choline, in fact i feel more normal. I think we have to do less of these generalised sweeping statements i.e. "choline will cause depression". Only for some people is that applicable.

Frankdee20

but its only dangerous for people who already have high levels of choline. if you're naturally very low in choline, taking something like an OTC antihistamine is terrible for your liver. I have very low choline levels naturally and not once have i felt depressed after choline, in fact i feel more normal. I think we have to do less of these generalised sweeping statements i.e. "choline will cause depression". Only for some people is that applicable.
Yes, you’re right. I’m naturally very low dopamine and high Choline

Hemo

Some hold to choline supplementation if headaches develop with ALCAR. Wondering if ALCAR can mitigate an abundance of choline?

Frankdee20

How do you know this?

You have a point, I can’t exactly gauge what’s going on in the body with empirical data. I do know, ingesting Choline makes me very depressed. Idk

iso1

i will revive this. anything cholinergic makes me depressed immediately. even some small portion of salmon. Would appreciate some list of methods to decrease choline.

Jon2547

All forms of choline make me depressed as well. I do take some every now and then if I start becoming forgetful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals