Anyone Know About Lactate Dehydrogenase?

The-WC

My levels have been elevated for months but I have no idea why or what I should look for. I haven't even been able to find much literature about it online.

I did the isoenezymes for it and it seems to be primarily coming from LD2.

any ideas or any places to read more about it?

J

jb116

the enzyme is associated with myocardial tissue death or infarction. If it is primarily ld2, it indicates the lungs instead.
Have you spoken to a physician about it?

OP
T

The-WC

None of the doctors in Canada know much about LDH or anything of that sort. LDH-3 is the lungs according to wiki .......

J

jb116

technically there are different events but indicating that organ specifically. Ldh3 does involve the lungs as infarction where as ldh2 specifically points to embolism.
Either way it's pointing to the lungs most likely (ldh3 can pertain to viral infection as well.) I do think for your health you should get this investigated. ECG testing can help here as well.

ClintMgn

In addition to jb116's concerns above, I'd be a bit proactive in ruling out fibrosis too, as I see in one of your previous postings that you have some ongoing breathing difficulties, including pain when taking a deep breath. See a physician and at least get some testing done to rule that out. I'm not sure if NAD:NADH ratio would be part of that diagnostic protocol, but it's something I'd want to see as well to get a better idea of what is going on inside the mitochondria.

Pyruvate carboxylase and pyruvate dehydrogenase are two enzymes that -- when inhibited -- can cause a buildup of serum pyruvate, when is converted to serum lactate by the lactate dehydrogenase enzyme. Likewise, a good regimen of biotin and thiamine might be something to consider in the short term -- and it's even possible that a deficiency in either might be the only reason your LDH is high. But, as jb116 suggested, it's not worth messing around with.

Best of luck.

Velve921

In addition to jb116's concerns above, I'd be a bit proactive in ruling out fibrosis too, as I see in one of your previous postings that you have some ongoing breathing difficulties, including pain when taking a deep breath. See a physician and at least get some testing done to rule that out. I'm not sure if NAD:NADH ratio would be part of that diagnostic protocol, but it's something I'd want to see as well to get a better idea of what is going on inside the mitochondria.

Pyruvate carboxylase and pyruvate dehydrogenase are two enzymes that -- when inhibited -- can cause a buildup of serum pyruvate, when is converted to serum lactate by the lactate dehydrogenase enzyme. Likewise, a good regimen of biotin and thiamine might be something to consider in the short term -- and it's even possible that a deficiency in either might be the only reason your LDH is high. But, as jb116 suggested, it's not worth messing around with.

Best of luck.

This seems like a good place to begin. Haidut has talked about this enzyme several times generative energy podcast episodes; that could be some good education as well.

Any chance we could have a look at your diet and lifestyle?