Anyone Increase Temp With Very Low Intensity Exercise? Increased CO2?

TheDrumGuy

I'm not talking about the temp rise you get during exercise. Everyone sees their temps go up if they're moving more, that's just physics. But usually once you stop moving the heat dissipates and after an hour or so your temp is back to normal.

I went out for a walk today in the afternoon for about 20 minutes, maybe 2mph. A couple hours later I noticed my temps were a full half degree (F) higher than usual. My temp stayed elevated for about 3-4 hours post-exercise, and then came back to normal. Usually even light walks like this are thyroid suppressive for me, so I'm not sure if this was a fluke or if my metabolism is improving or something. Light walks like this also usually cause brain fog for me, but that didn't happen this time either.

I'm hypothesizing that I was walking fast enough to generate some CO2 and maybe lower O2 but slow enough not to increase my breathing too much. I've tried bag breathing in the past but it never did much for me.

Anyone experience anything like this?

Last edited:

Wagner83

With a good amount of caffeine and sugar I've experienced lack of energy and feeling pretty crap while working seated, but when I went for a walk outside in the sun I felt like a furnace with lots of energy. Now I seem to do quite fine even seated, but I used methylene blue and very little caffeine over the past two weeks. Quite a few people reported they did better when they ate carbs based on physical activity. I'm surprised that light walks are thyroid suppressive unless you are very weak and underfed, is the area you wander around is stressful, ugly and the weather is bad.

OP
T

TheDrumGuy

With a good amount of caffeine and sugar I've experienced lack of energy and feeling pretty crap while working seated, but when I went for a walk outside in the sun I felt like a furnace with lots of energy. Now I seem to do quite fine even seated, but I used methylene blue and very little caffeine over the past two weeks. Quite a few people reported they did better when they ate carbs based on physical activity. I'm surprised that light walks are thyroid suppressive unless you are very weak and underfed, is the area you wander around is stressful, ugly and the weather is bad.

I came to Peat from a long history of overtraining.

L

lollipop

How do you measure temps? Can you link thermometer you use?
I use a digital thermometer from the local drug store and it honestly works great. I always warm it (out under my pillow or in my hand for a few minutes) before using to make sure reading is more accurate.

tankasnowgod

I'm not talking about the temp rise you get during exercise. Everyone sees their temps go up if they're moving more, that's just physics. But usually once you stop moving the heat dissipates and after an hour or so your temp is back to normal.

I went out for a walk today in the afternoon for about 20 minutes, maybe 2mph. A couple hours later I noticed my temps were a full half degree (F) higher than usual. My temp stayed elevated for about 3-4 hours post-exercise, and then came back to normal. Usually even light walks like this are thyroid suppressive for me, so I'm not sure if this was a fluke or if my metabolism is improving or something. Light walks like this also usually cause brain fog for me, but that didn't happen this time either.

I'm hypothesizing that I was walking fast enough to generate some CO2 and maybe lower O2 but slow enough not to increase my breathing too much. I've tried bag breathing in the past but it never did much for me.

Anyone experience anything like this?

Oh yeah. I've noticed that if my hands and feet are cold-ish, a 10-20 minute walk will help warm them up. Might be the CO2 generation, but I think it just helps circulation. The effect certainly lasts.

OP
T

TheDrumGuy

Oh yeah. I've noticed that if my hands and feet are cold-ish, a 10-20 minute walk will help warm them up. Might be the CO2 generation, but I think it just helps circulation. The effect certainly lasts.

How long does it last for you?

Stramonium

How long does the warmth last? Does it raise your body temp or make your extremities warmer?

It leaves me warm for a couple hours afterwards, makes my extremities warm specially if I'm having cold feet very similar as going for a walk

Should I expect to gain weight from adding more carbs to my diet coming from a low carb diet. I have low metabolism currently and low temperature. How long does it take to increase metabolism and temperature.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals