Anyone here feeling best on high calcium alone without vitamin D?

youngsinatra

I feel best with a high calcium intake with no added supplemental vitamin D3.
If I take vitamin D3 I feel decent, but cannot tolerate much calcium and need much more magnesium to avoid feeling anxious, tensed muscles, jittery, low libido, getting cold hands and sleeplessness.
With high calcium only + K2 I can tolerate a lot of calcium and I feel the benefits of it mainly - calm mind, quieting inner chatter, less anxiety, deeper sleep, perked up libido.

Has anybody had the same experience?

P

Peatness

High calcium plus high vitamin D - finding this combination problematic. Will stop the vitamin d.

lampofred

I feel bad with vitamin D too but for some people it's supposed to feel bad. It took me a long time to realize that. If you're healthy already then vitamin D feels good, but if you're unhealthy, vitamin D feels bad but the end result is good. Sort of like how two wrongs can sometimes make a right.

I think sugar and salt (fruits, cheese) and milk and butter and coffee (basically everything that raises CO2 and lowers phosphate) help to make sure the end result of vitamin D is as good as it can be (by keeping phosphate low so that it turns into the non-activated form as opposed to the activated form).

Last edited:

Yann

My experience is that you need to supplement Vitamin A as well if you are supplementing Vitamin D. You can look into Chriss Masterjohn's work. There seems to be a requirement for balance between those two. You might as well add Vitamin K2 to that.

Attachments

• [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Mastejohn 2.jpg
    [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Mastejohn 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 95
  • [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Masterjohn A, D, K balance.jpg
    [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Masterjohn A, D, K balance.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 96
  • [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Vitamin A and D prevent colds when supplied together.jpg
    [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Vitamin A and D prevent colds when supplied together.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 97
P

Peatness

My experience is that you need to supplement Vitamin A as well if you are supplementing Vitamin D. You can look into Chriss Masterjohn's work. There seems to be a requirement for balance between those two. You might as well add Vitamin K2 to that.
Thank you for posting this. I've been wondering about vitamin A for a while now but keep running into conflicting information. The main problem is the Vitamin D is easy to test but Vitamin A is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Yes I was aware of that information and most of the time I used vitamin A together with vitamin D in a ratio of 3:1, up to 5:1. Vitamin A seemed to prevent the calcium side effects, but I got yellow hands from it and dry skin and I stopped taking it since then.

Mauritio

If I take vitamin D3 I feel decent, but cannot tolerate much calcium and need much more magnesium to avoid feeling anxious, tensed muscles, jittery, low libido, getting cold hands and sleeplessness.
With high calcium only + K2 I can tolerate a lot of calcium and I feel the benefits of it mainly - calm mind, quieting inner chatter, less anxiety, deeper sleep, perked up libido.

I used to experience some higher serotonin symptoms like a year ago when taking vitamin D . Now I dont get those anymore. No idea why . It might have went away as my vitamin D level increased .

Actually I get warm feet and slowed breathing plus increased buteyko pause when I take my vitamin D 5-10 minutes AFTER the calcium, that makes a difference.

Birdie

Yes I was aware of that information and most of the time I used vitamin A together with vitamin D in a ratio of 3:1, up to 5:1. Vitamin A seemed to prevent the calcium side effects, but I got yellow hands from it and dry skin and I stopped taking it since then.
Yellow hands would seem to indicate beta carotene in your vitamin A.

serling78

Curious if you had any digestive issues with calcium? I've currently been taking 2000IU D3 for a while and only about 600mg of calcium a day. Any more calcium than that and I get bad facial flushing and constipation. Not sure if stopping D3 would help me to take more calcium and avoid the above side effects.

Pablo Cruise

Take Vit D with ur Calcium!

ironfist

No. **** this. I had hypercalcemia for 2 years. Had it again recently. I get it at *low* doses of vitamin D when I consume nightshades. I have the blood tests to prove it. It's painful and takes forever to go away. No, no, no.

Dr. B

I feel bad with vitamin D too but for some people it's supposed to feel bad. It took me a long time to realize that. If you're healthy already then vitamin D feels good, but if you're unhealthy, vitamin D feels bad but the end result is good. Sort of like how two wrongs can sometimes make a right.

I think sugar and salt (fruits, cheese) and milk and butter and coffee (basically everything that raises CO2 and lowers phosphate) help to make sure the end result of vitamin D is as good as it can be (by keeping phosphate low so that it turns into the non-activated form as opposed to the activated form).
How does the end result beocme good if you’re unhealthy and using vitamin d3?

Dr. B

I got massive benefits from dropping vitamin d3 and continuing a whole milk diet
I think vitamin d3 is extremely dangerous

baccheion

If matching the calcium:phosphorus ratio from milk, you'd also match the A : D3 ratio. More phosphorus compared to calcium calls for more vitamin D3 compared to vitamin A. Calcium:magnesium 2:1 at most for regular amounts of calcium.

You need at least 2x as much magnesium if on an all-milk diet after puberty. HGH isn't as high anymore and it doesn't hold on to magnesium as well. Also need 2x as much vitamin D and some vitamin K2 (50 IU : 10 mcg MK-4 : 1 mcg MK-7). Iron and B12 (to match what's said to be coming from the milk) as always. Naturelo One Daily for women in place of iron if it's not raw milk. Melatonin and DHEA (sustained for both) if over 30.

Jessie

I saw a quote from an email by Ray that supported a conclusion similar to this as well.

"During the winter for a couple of months 10,000 units of D should be safe, but it's better to increase calcium and vitamin K, keeping the vitamin D a little lower unless you have the blood level checked occasionally." - Ray Peat

Dr. B

I saw a quote from an email by Ray that supported a conclusion similar to this as well.

"During the winter for a couple of months 10,000 units of D should be safe, but it's better to increase calcium and vitamin K, keeping the vitamin D a little lower unless you have the blood level checked occasionally." - Ray Peat
thats very interesting that basically means you can use more milk to replace vitamin D to an extent? milk has vitamin K too.

If matching the calcium:phosphorus ratio from milk, you'd also match the A : D3 ratio. More phosphorus compared to calcium calls for more vitamin D3 compared to vitamin A. Calcium:magnesium 2:1 at most for regular amounts of calcium.

You need at least 2x as much magnesium if on an all-milk diet after puberty. HGH isn't as high anymore and it doesn't hold on to magnesium as well. Also need 2x as much vitamin D and some vitamin K2 (50 IU : 10 mcg MK-4 : 1 mcg MK-7). Iron and B12 (to match what's said to be coming from the milk) as always. Naturelo One Daily for women in place of iron if it's not raw milk. Melatonin and DHEA (sustained for both) if over 30.

how did you figure out these ratios. doesnt the A to D3 ratio help bring up the magnesium in the milk. it also has K2 in the milkfat? milk should have B12 in it. iron is supposed to be lower for adults isnt it?