• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Anyone here feeling best on high calcium alone without vitamin D?

youngsinatra

I feel best with a high calcium intake with no added supplemental vitamin D3.
If I take vitamin D3 I feel decent, but cannot tolerate much calcium and need much more magnesium to avoid feeling anxious, tensed muscles, jittery, low libido, getting cold hands and sleeplessness.
With high calcium only + K2 I can tolerate a lot of calcium and I feel the benefits of it mainly - calm mind, quieting inner chatter, less anxiety, deeper sleep, perked up libido.

Has anybody had the same experience?

Pina

High calcium plus high vitamin D - finding this combination problematic. Will stop the vitamin d.

lampofred

I feel bad with vitamin D too but for some people it's supposed to feel bad. It took me a long time to realize that. If you're healthy already then vitamin D feels good, but if you're unhealthy, vitamin D feels bad but the end result is good. Sort of like how two wrongs can sometimes make a right.

I think sugar and salt (fruits, cheese) and milk and butter and coffee (basically everything that raises CO2 and lowers phosphate) help to make sure the end result of vitamin D is as good as it can be (by keeping phosphate low so that it turns into the non-activated form as opposed to the activated form).

Last edited:

Yann

My experience is that you need to supplement Vitamin A as well if you are supplementing Vitamin D. You can look into Chriss Masterjohn's work. There seems to be a requirement for balance between those two. You might as well add Vitamin K2 to that.

Attachments

• [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Mastejohn 2.jpg
    [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Mastejohn 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 21
  • [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Masterjohn A, D, K balance.jpg
    [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Masterjohn A, D, K balance.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 20
  • [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Vitamin A and D prevent colds when supplied together.jpg
    [Vitamin A and D ratio] +++ Vitamin A and D prevent colds when supplied together.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 21

Pina

My experience is that you need to supplement Vitamin A as well if you are supplementing Vitamin D. You can look into Chriss Masterjohn's work. There seems to be a requirement for balance between those two. You might as well add Vitamin K2 to that.
Thank you for posting this. I've been wondering about vitamin A for a while now but keep running into conflicting information. The main problem is the Vitamin D is easy to test but Vitamin A is not.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Yes I was aware of that information and most of the time I used vitamin A together with vitamin D in a ratio of 3:1, up to 5:1. Vitamin A seemed to prevent the calcium side effects, but I got yellow hands from it and dry skin and I stopped taking it since then.

Mauritio

I feel best with a high calcium intake with no added supplemental vitamin D3.
If I take vitamin D3 I feel decent, but cannot tolerate much calcium and need much more magnesium to avoid feeling anxious, tensed muscles, jittery, low libido, getting cold hands and sleeplessness.
With high calcium only + K2 I can tolerate a lot of calcium and I feel the benefits of it mainly - calm mind, quieting inner chatter, less anxiety, deeper sleep, perked up libido.

Has anybody had the same experience?
I used to experience some higher serotonin symptoms like a year ago when taking vitamin D . Now I dont get those anymore. No idea why . It might have went away as my vitamin D level increased .

Actually I get warm feet and slowed breathing plus increased buteyko pause when I take my vitamin D 5-10 minutes AFTER the calcium, that makes a difference.

Birdie

Yes I was aware of that information and most of the time I used vitamin A together with vitamin D in a ratio of 3:1, up to 5:1. Vitamin A seemed to prevent the calcium side effects, but I got yellow hands from it and dry skin and I stopped taking it since then.
Yellow hands would seem to indicate beta carotene in your vitamin A.