Anyone Have Personal Experience With TUDCA?

Kray

Yeah definitely! Never tried sprouted oats before, do you buy them pre-sprouted and processed or sprout them yourself? I try to have one or the other daily, i had a big bowl of oatmeal for lunch today so i'll lay of the beans and just have white rice with some ground beef for dinner.
I buy these. Are you in UK? I'm not sure if you can get them. I've never tried to make my own. If not sprouted, others just soak them overnight before eating, with same idea you're breaking down some of the phytic acid that makes them more digestible and nutritious. (quick search- How To Reduce Phytic Acid In Overnight Oats)

I like to rotate starches, too.
Yeah it's ridiculously expensive....i bought some cheaper ones to try once, opened them up to find they were filled with something other than tudca.....real tudca is unbelievably bitter, inside of these capsules were sweet...probably quite a few scammers out there on this one, but yeah either way probably a waste of money.
Hmmm, interesting. Maybe it's a good thing it's too expensive. I tend to get overwhelmed by too many things- like menus. I need 3 options, not 30 😂

Just been winging it with the charcoal, I read a user on here (forgot who) takes 2 tablespoons every few days, I tried that first go and felt really good the next day, but now just keep topped up with a teaspoon a day. How much are you taking?
Reading from forum posts I know some really like it, but I haven't tried it regularly enough to report. Certainly a staple to have in the medicine chest for those emergencies. Do you think you'll use long-term? What brand have you found to be good, and when/how do you take it?

Thanks, you're more than welcome

Kray

Don't know if you came across this in your reading, from a forum post.

“A famous Russian Gerontologist, Dr V.V Frolkis and his colleagues claimed to have discovered that activated charcoal is a potent life-extending agent. Accordingly, they mentioned that activated charcoal has been found to increase the mean lifespan of older test animals by approximately 40% and their mean life span by approximately 34%. Interesting!
Interestingly, activated charcoal seems to remove synthetic, artificial or toxic substances from the digestive tract but not rob our bodies of vital food nutrients, minerals, etc. Activated charcoal fed to sheep as a level of 5% of the total diet did not affect the blood or urinary levels of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, etc., compared to sheep not given the charcoal.”

The Amazing Powers of Activated Charcoal - Issuu

purple pill

Yeah UK, don't seem to be many sellers of it here, found a couple but they are sold out, must be popular or in short supply. i'll try the soaking method to see if there's any difference, thanks

lol i'm slowly trying to clear out my medicine chest, though i just bought zinc, molybdenum and selenium so thats not going too well lol

I think the charcoal will be a keeper, i'm going to try switch to a natural charcoal from hardwood trees, the whole activated charcoal from coconuts shells seems a bit over the top, im sure natural is just as good if from a reliable source with less chance of locking out vits & minerals (not sure if this is a real concern). Pretty good article here on it. They have an article on a horse they treated with charcoal too looks pretty damn healthy.

just been using cheapest powder from ebay so far. At first i was just mixing in some warm water and drinking quickly,but i now i usually just throw it in with a cup of tea lol

Kray

finally sent lol.....had to delete links and emojis though. (Activated or non-activated charcoal?)
Interesting article, thanks for sharing. It sure sounds like one shouldn't be using AC but the natural form.

I went back and read some of the posts about why people were trying TUDCA, and its properties seem very similar to what the benefits of cascara are. This was listed on a website that sells the Farmalabor brand. It seems to offer the same kind of benefits as TUDCA. Is there something about charcoal that has a similar effect that you are using that, rather than cascara? I've just been cautious about AC because of the question of depleting good stuff. But per the link you shared, natural non-activated charcoal should be safe in that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 12.13.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 12.13.50 PM.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 2

purple pill

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. It sure sounds like one shouldn't be using AC but the natural form.

I went back and read some of the posts about why people were trying TUDCA, and its properties seem very similar to what the benefits of cascara are. This was listed on a website that sells the Farmalabor brand. It seems to offer the same kind of benefits as TUDCA. Is there something about charcoal that has a similar effect that you are using that, rather than cascara? I've just been cautious about AC because of the question of depleting good stuff. But per the link you shared, natural non-activated charcoal should be safe in that way.
Hmmm, probs quite alot of similarities... Tudca almost feels like a liver purge, (be great if it continued). Cascara- gentle laxative with anti-microbial action and charcoal just feels like it soaking up all the crap (endotoxins etc) on its way through.

I actually ran on of AC a few days ago and still waiting on my order. I've had a splitting headache the past couple days...think it was from upping fiber and taking psylium husk at the same time (its really slowed down transit time), I really feel like the charcoal would have negated the headache but luckily got some cascara in my medicine cabinet. Just wish i had thought to take it earlier, thanks for the reminder though, gonna take another now lol