Anyone Have Personal Experience With TUDCA?

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by ImprovingDaily, Jul 13, 2018.

1. ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

I'm thinking about trialing a round of TUDCA. I have noticed benefits from Taurine and I know this has Taurine in the molecule. I also still have issues with coffee, so I'm assuming I still have issues with my liver along with still feeling like I have issues with estrogen.

What kind of dosages are common with TUDCA? What kind of experiences have you guys had with it? Thanks

2. Jpkoepse

Jpkoepse Member

250mg to 1 g using nutricost on Amazon. Works very well. Liver values def go down. A few threads on this board relating to this.

3. OP
    ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

That's funny, I was just looking at that product. Any danger of overdoing this stuff? I like to do just enough to feel a good effect then I'll stop there, but how long should this be taken for?

4. TreasureVibe

TreasureVibe Member

I've read in another forum that the supplements are no match compared to the pharmaceutical grade. Also I saw in a video that UDCA is almost the same as TUDCA in terms of effect yet much cheaper and has more quality guarantee.

5. olive

olive Member

250mg UDCA for a 2-3 weeks.
    Don’t drink alcohol during use.

6. Captain_Coconut

Captain_Coconut Member

A couple drinks is fine, more than that and you might find yourself vomiting.

7. olive

olive Member

You’ll be putting your liver under more stress.

8. Trix

Trix Member

Extreme itching could happen if things are not moving out quick enough

9. OP
    ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

I rarely drink alcohol so that's cool. If I wanted to drink, how long before or after taking TUDCA should I wait? I think I had read somewhere it was 12 hours.

10. olive

olive Member

12 hours before 16-24 hours after. Roughly.

11. OP
    ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

Ok thank you, good to know just in case a special occasion comes up.

12. OP
    ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

Just an update on things. Been about 5 days 250 mg and 1 day 500 mg TUDCA, and man, this stuff makes you poop. My poops have been pretty low for the past few years. Sometimes none in a day, very rarely 2 in a day. This stuff feels like it's making my bile flow. Been having to keep my carrot fiber up to assist. In a way, reminds me of Taurine, but more stimulating in creating bowel movements. Last night I had trouble sleeping, which correlates with increasing the dose to 500 mg, but I have a feeling it was something else. Will keep updated.

13. Motif

Motif Member

Update?

14. OP
    ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

It works very well at increasing bile flow. Was taking it daily for almost a month but now I take it if I feel I'm not getting enough bowel movement.

Important thing when taking TUDCA is taking in enough fiber. For me, plain carrots work tremendously. Just peel one, wash and eat. I actually think enough fiber is more important for liver health that TUDCA. Without the fiber, the body cant get rid of the nasty bile effectively.

15. Motif

Motif Member

Cool. Did any chronical issues disappear or get better ?

16. OP
    ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

At the moment, I'd say no, or at least not noticeably. It's a bit early since it was only a month of taking it, so maybe taking it longer will produce better results. Also I didn't take a blood test so maybe blood parameters changed and I dont know it.

17. Pointless

Pointless Member

I took 250 mg of TUDCA for the first time. My mood improved DRAMATICALLY and my temps went up a degree Fahrenheit. I started sweating indoors. This all started to happen within like 20 minutes.

How does this stuff work? It's amazing

18. Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

I started on TUDCA yesterday and got a headache, had it with lunch and headache..Not sure why any thoughts?

19. Dobster

Dobster Member

Just to share my experience with TUDCA, I've been on it now for about 30days EOD. First thing It did was make me poop. I realize my fiber intake is next to none.
    However notice that my skin texture has improved. A tad more energy. Poop has gone dark dark brown..guess all the crud is being flushed. I will start to up the Fiber Intake this week. See what that does. Insulin sensitivity is still a hit/miss.

Be Well
    Dobster

20. Dobster

Dobster Member

Hello All I have been taking TUDCA now for 2 months, first month EOD, 2nd month 2-3 times a week or less.
    I saw benefits initially, now it seems I have plateaued out. 250MGs is what I have, any advice appreciated.

Dobster