Anyone Have Luck Finding Anti-anxiety Answers?

encerent

I'm looking too. I think the final answer to this for me probably involves changing fundamentally my relationships. I don't think the ones I have now with people are healthy or adequate.

In the meantime, I think a low dose of pure T3, maybe .25mcg - .5mcg a few times a day or when it gets overwhelming helps me go on.

Mittir

Yes I need lots of calories in the morning, especially if I do starch. If I just have some starch then I almost always have a crash. But if I way overdo any and all carbs only carbs I didn't get the crash. My breakfast wasn't very good that morning, but it has happened after a good breakfast so I think it might be the blood sugar crash from starch. I generally have ice cream before bed, even though that too can cause a post meal crash. Lol

I have tried AJ instead of OJ but I found that too much can cause skipped beats which I never get. I thought maybe it was the added vitamin C though, we can't afford the top quality AJ. Seems it always comes back to not being able to afford the things that will make me healthy. We live in a food desert I guess.

Yeah meditation is probably key for me as well.

I am guessing you have problem with milk. My diet got lot simpler when i was
able to tolerate milk. Before that, i did lots of things to get required nutrients
without milk and fruit juices. I used to make vegetable and fruit broth
by boiling sliced apple, cucumber, squash, spinach, potato etc
all the Peat recommended fruits and vegetable. After 30 minutes
i would remove the solids and drink the broth with added sugar.
Nutritionally it was equivalent to fruit juice. I also ate a lot of
cooked apple and other cooked fruits with added sugar.
Farmer's cheese with lots of sugar . I also ate regular liver
to meet all the nutrient requirement. Also did egg shell powder
for calcium. I believe sugar and calcium played a big role
in my earlier improvement. Regular raw carrot salad in the late
afternoon had a big impact.

andrew

A friend had a poor reaction to gaba, but some luck with l theanine for awhile. He is now begging for something that he can try to provide releif. I shared some threads on serotonin and endotoxin. Ideas would be appreciated if.you found something that worked for you. He is on TRT and estrogen control with arimidex.

If you are interested in something that won't have anything to do with supplementation of any kind but will work, message me and we can arrange to talk sometime and you can try the method i have (subtle movement based). It's worked for others pretty quickly and it's a cure, not just management.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If you are interested in something that won't have anything to do with supplementation of any kind but will work, message me and we can arrange to talk sometime and you can try the method i have (subtle movement based). It's worked for others pretty quickly and it's a cure, not just management.
Andrew, welcome to the forum. :welcome

How about making a thread and posting your method? It could possibly help many people.

:hattip

Dopamine

I was having panic attacks when I was restricting food groups and taking too much caffeine, aspirin, and other supplements.

I'd first cut out all supplements. Make sure your friend is eating at least 3500 calories per day minimum (3700 if he is large). I also wouldn't recommend restricting any foods except perhaps- vegetable oil, excess poultry fat/pork fat/fish fat, and excess liquid. Eat lots of palatable and calorie dense foods. Get lots of sunshine. If coffee is a trigger for anxiety then consider switching to dark chocolate and/or decaf. For acute relief tianeptine CAN be helpful. Stopping exercise for a while in lieu of posture/mobility work, yoga, and other low intensity exercise is usually therapeutic.

Buteyko breathing method helped me when I was in the grips of a panic attack. You have to get somewhere comfortable/calm with warm clothes and ride it out and just focus on breathing. salty or sugary foods like pretzels and popsicles can help.

Supplements and drugs can make things worse imo because there is sometimes a nagging idea that you've poisoned yourself and are going to die during a panic attack.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Supplements and drugs can make things worse imo because there is sometimes a nagging idea that you've poisoned yourself and are going to die during a panic attack.
This is very true. I'm realizing how silly it is to think these things. Some people go years with horrible pain and other symptoms before coming close to dying.

raypeatclips

This is so true. Hard to think yourself out of the situation though, especially when you are testing research chemicals haha. Usually my first time testing something is trying not to have a panic attack. 2nd time is actually judging whether its any good or not.

Meditation, my friends.

The Buddha and various other beings outlined a few great paths for the cessation of suffering.

Nikki

Magtein (throughout the day) and LDN. LDN can be tricky for some as it can increase anxiety initially but I didn't have that issue. I started very low .5mg worked up to about 4mg and then thought I was better when I was closer to 3. I would think sea water would help a lot (or sea salt) in order to balance trace minerals and get a little lithium as well. Magtein relaxes me in a way that I don't feel tired, I just don't feel amped (or judged). I find that phyical pain makes me more reactive so I do my best to keep up with my walking which is great for strenthening the back and keeping the joints lubed.

my $.02

ATP

I would like to know what this method is? If you believe you have a "cure, not just management" I think you should share it because it would help a lot people.

MommaBear

Mother wort tincture has helped mysel, my kids and friends with panic attacks. My daughter was having them at a young age and I didn't realize what was going on until years later I started having them when my thyroid crashed postpartum. I study herbals and found mother wort tincture helped me very quickly And when my thyroid aND blook sugar is balanced (I'm still learning ) they are gone . A few yes later and my son started with freaking out thinkin he was dying or being poisoned and the tincture helped a tiny bit so I put him on desiccated thyroid, on a hunch, and it stopped.

Those are my small experiences that are quite different from most others here so not sure they are valid tho.

GreekDemiGod

What causes this anxiety type: a constant nod / tightness / umcomfortable sensation in the stomach, breathing feels somewhat constricted. Like being stuck in the fight or flight more forever.
?
This is what I have. It's definitely physical and not psychological

I guess eating sufficient calories, eating with a higher meal frequency and avoiding fasting, eating a higher carbohydrate + lower fat diet, avoiding excessive caffeine and stimulants, avoiding any exercise other than easy walking if the issue is severe.
Can't do this with low energy levels. I have to have some stimulants to function.

lampofred

I think anxiety is caused by low blood sugar. Eating less eggs and meat and vitamin C, more sugar and calcium and vitamin D might help.

M

metabolizm

I think anxiety is caused by low blood sugar. Eating less eggs and meat and vitamin C, more sugar and calcium and vitamin D might help.

Low blood sugar may sometimes cause anxiety. But not all anxiety is caused by low blood sugar.

lampofred

Low blood sugar may sometimes cause anxiety. But not all anxiety is caused by low blood sugar.

True. It might be mainly only trait anxiety that is related to blood sugar.

Orangeyouglad

Magnesium Glycinate really helped me, along with nutritious foods eaten throughout the day (dropped intermittent fasting), getting sunlight, and NDT.