ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TRETINOIN

AndrogenicJB

Thinking of doing this. I have some concerns however. Does Tretinoin thin the skin, males tend to have thicker skin and there is a concern online that tretinoin can thin a mans skin making him look more feminine. Does Tretinoin cause fat loss/especially preiorbital fat loss around the eyes, i dont want to end up with bulging eyes with no fat surrounding them? Finally, could i achieve the benefits of tretinoin with just consuming a ton of collagen protein?
Thanks

Diokine

gave me severe ocd and gut problems for a long time. Would not recommend

JamesGatz

I can't find the post but I remember reading it can cause celiac disease/autoimmune issues.

Infographic-Celiac-Disease-1.jpg

I read that it makes skin look better by blocking estrogen - estrogen increases skin cell turnover rate or something along those lines

Personally I'm not sure it's safe to be actively rubbing vitamin A on skin as vitamin A toxicity is very uncomfortable to deal with if encountered

In general for clearer skin the best I think is higher progesterone or keeping a clean gut

I do think when digestion isn't kept moving it results in the skin and hair both taking a hit due to increased estrogen from the gut

I have read that it thins the Stratum corneum - I'm not sure if this would result in a feminine look as vitamin A derivatives would block estrogen

Microanatomy-of-stratum-corneum-depicting-the-layers-of-epidermis-It-is-composed-of.png

I'm pretty sure the fat loss due to tretinoin is due to vit A affecting the adipose index or something along those lines - so yes it can be detrimental to face fat

It is worth noting that Vit A is anti-metabolic in higher doses and that the adipose index is said to be metabolism based so I don't think the symptoms of thinning skin is a good thing in this case

Last edited:
OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I can't find the post but I remember reading it can cause celiac disease/autoimmune issues.

View attachment 32388

I read that it makes skin look better by blocking estrogen - estrogen increases skin cell turnover rate or something along those lines

Personally I'm not sure it's safe to be actively rubbing vitamin A on skin as vitamin A toxicity is very uncomfortable to deal with if encountered

In general for clearer skin the best I think is higher progesterone or keeping a clean gut

I do think when digestion isn't kept moving it results in the skin and hair both taking a hit due to increased estrogen from the gut

I have read that it thins the Stratum corneum - I'm not sure if this would result in a feminine look as vitamin A derivatives would block estrogen

View attachment 32389

I'm pretty sure the fat loss due to tretinoin is due to vit A affecting the adipose index or something along those lines - so yes it can be detrimental to face fat

It is worth noting that Vit A is anti-metabolic in higher doses and that the adipose index is said to be metabolism based so I don't think the symptoms of thinning skin is a good thing in this case

Thanks for thus, i do't want to lose face fat round my eyes, i would lose the hunte eye sort of effect, do you think taking high amounts of collagen protein can give me 'glowing' skin or good skin

Happycat

Tretinoin doesn't thin the skin, but it does make it peel.
What are you trying to achieve by using tretinoin?
I have been using it for about 4 years, it helps with blemishes and fine lines and wrinkles, makes the skin very smooth.
I don't put it anywhere near the eye, it will just cause irritation.

Diokine

oof, I mistook tretinoin for isotretinoin. Disregard my previous message.

Korven

The intervention was terminated 6 months early because of an excessive number of deaths in the tretinoin-treated group. Post hoc analysis of this difference revealed minor imbalances in age, comorbidity, and smoking status, all of which were important predictors of death. After adjusting for these imbalances, the difference in mortality between the randomized groups remained statistically significant.

Happycat

Don't do any Vitamin-A/retinol-related drugs/creams/etc, they can cause cancer.
Do you have any data on this?

The pubmed study above is another one of those where they used the strongest concentration cream that is out there and more often than it is recommended.

Tretinoin is only applied once a day in the evening.
Anyone who starts off using a 0.1 tretinoin twice a day, every day, like they did in the study, is going to have a huge amount of peeling, redness and irritation.
They probably stopped the study because everyone's face dissintegrated from the overuse of cream. ?

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Ive heard of many people getting preiorbital fat loss and thus hollow cheeks, also i dont want it to have a freminizing affect on my face, apparently it gives a sort of 'tranny glow' not to be crude, words of others not mine

GMT100

I met a homeless guy with gangrene on the train once. He he said he was prescribed tretinoin or his leg. After noticing good results he decided to put it on his face. His leg looked horrible from the gangrene and his face was youthful like a teenager.

Yeah, I use it. I use 0.025 Retin-A as it does a decent job knocking out my acne.

I'd recommend using it at night and then using sunscreen when going outside as it does make me burn more easily.

People tend to use too much, just a few small beads go a long way.

InChristAlone

Would never use a chemical peel to look more youthful. Outside appearances mean nothing if you are dying inside.

tankasnowgod

It appears there are studies indicating it BOTH causes and cures Cancer. What the heck?!
This means you have to actually dig in and read the studies (if you want to understand them). Both radiation and most chemotherapy drugs are potent carcinogens, and yet they are the go to "treatment" of cancer. Other times, the "proof" that something is carcinogenic is so flimsy, it's basically meaningless. Progesterone, for example, carries a Prop 65 warning because "it is known to THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA to cause cancer," although Ray Peat would vehemently disagree. So, it really comes down to which entity you choose to believe, a living, breathing man who has studied progesterone for decades, or the legal fiction that is THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.

I also highly doubt they used the word "cure" in regards to cancer. That seems to be one of those things that will cause your study to NOT be published, even if you have really solid proof to back it up.

flame900

View attachment 32388

View attachment 32389

where did you read that it blocks estrogen? a study on pubmed stated that retinoic acid treatment was responsible for progesterone decrease...and tretinoin is all trans retinoic acid

LadyRae

It is a very old topical drug. Not the same as Isotretinoin (accutane)

I used tretinoin (Retin-A)for years in high school for acne, .05%. worked great. Now I'm 45 and I've been using the 1% for a year and a half now. You do get some flaking for the first month or two but you just use moisturizer and it goes away. It makes the cells in your skin turnover faster.. I looooove it!

Law

In my experience (2 months' worth of usage) tretinoin is expensive and has not cleared up the acne on my back. However, it has recently started making my skin very dry so perhaps it is increasing the cell turnover and I will see better results soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals