Anyone Have Experience With Kratom?

squanch

It feels pretty good but causes constipation.
As an opioid it probably also causes immunosuppression to some degree

Stilgar

It is dreamy and relaxing, but the itching was insane for me a few times and made me not want to use it.
Not sure if its just opioid itching?

OP
TheHound

TheHound

It is dreamy and relaxing, but the itching was insane for me a few times and made me not want to use it.
Not sure if its just opioid itching?

sounds like slow kratom. I just bought some super green malaysian which is a fast strain. hoping it'll help out with some things

Stilgar

sounds like slow kratom. I just bought some super green malaysian which is a fast strain. hoping it'll help out with some things

Let me know how it goes! It was wonderful if you wanted to spend all day doing some boring jobs. Very sweet.
Fast and slow kratom is a thing? Who knew!

DaveFoster

Opioids are harsh. I'm on one at the moment for something unrelated, and it's full-blown learned helplessness.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Let me know how it goes! It was wonderful if you wanted to spend all day doing some boring jobs. Very sweet.
Fast and slow kratom is a thing? Who knew!

decided to buy 3 different strains so I can rotate. still getting used to the dosages but I've tried drinking the powder straight with orange juice and also made tea! so far pretty good. gave some good motivation and energy to study and put me in a pretty good mood

OP
TheHound

TheHound

another update. I can see this potentially being very habit forming. If im in a not so good mood where I dont feel like doing anything or talking much and motivation is low, taking a teaspoon of kratom and not even an hour later my mood is much better, almost like a switch. does anyone know of any potential side effects of taking say 2-4 grams 3 or 4 times a week?

DaveFoster

another update. I can see this potentially being very habit forming. If im in a not so good mood where I dont feel like doing anything or talking much and motivation is low, taking a teaspoon of kratom and not even an hour later my mood is much better, almost like a switch. does anyone know of any potential side effects of taking say 2-4 grams 3 or 4 times a week?
Suicidal ideation and long-lasting depression upon cessation.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Suicidal ideation and long-lasting depression upon cessation.

I've known people who have taken kratom almost every day and the most they get is slight flu like symptoms for a day or two if they stop. I don't think I've heard any accounts of what you say, even at larger doses of 10 grams a day

DaveFoster

I've known people who have taken kratom almost every day and the most they get is slight flu like symptoms for a day or two if they stop. I don't think I've heard any accounts of what you say, even at larger doses of 10 grams a day
Journal - kratom withdrawal = not fun - Drugs Forum
Addiction - Horrible withdrawal after a month - Drugs Forum
Side effects - Horrible reaction from kratom. Can it precipitate opiate withdrawal? - Drugs Forum
Health - Probably Kratom withdrawal symptom... - Drugs Forum

cyclops

Think this has made me apathetic. Good at first, but after a while it stops working. This stuff seems to be very popular though.

PDXchef

Think this has made me apathetic. Good at first, but after a while it stops working. This stuff seems to be very popular though.

Definitely becoming more popular. Becoming a bit of a threat to big pharma, FDA/DEA will likely shut it down soon, I think.

Personally, I have been using kratom daily (5 - 10 g) for about 3 months now. I don't like how it makes me feel most of the time but it has helped me get off heavy opiates, which I had been addicted to for almost 8 years until I switched to kratom (which is not technically an opiate, but has somewhat similar effects on opiate receptors). Now I need to get off this ***t, which is proving more difficult than expected.

cyclops

I don't like how it makes me feel most of the time

Yea, it seems some people have figured how to dose it so it stays pleasant. I think it is about not using too much. Less is more. But I think the euphoric effects fade after time if used regularly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals