Anyone Experiment With High Dose Taurine?

ddjd

I was wondering what would be considered a safe upper limit when it comes to taurine supplementation?

im interesting in using it for its effects against MPB and as well as for liver health

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I have used up to 5 grams per day for at least 2 weeks with no issues personally.

As for preventing MPB, I am under the impression that Taurine may actually slightly increase prolactin. Liver health for sure, Taurine is sensational.

I get warm and energy from a big dose of Taurine with my breakfast (High sugar/High protein).

Vinny

Interested too. Also, how and when is best to take; before/after meal, morning/evening etc. Thanks

OP
ddjd

ddjd

As for preventing MPB, I am under the impression that Taurine may actually slightly increase prolactin
what would be the mechanism behind a possible increase in prolactin?

BearWithMe

Interested too. Also, how and when is best to take; before/after meal, morning/evening etc. Thanks
As with all amino acids, taurine is best absorbed on empty stomach, 30 minutes before meals. I'm taking it first thing in the morning, because it feels stimulating to me and it disrupts my sleep when taken too late in the afternoon.

I'm taking 3-6g daily since 2015. I'm sure it is too much for too long, but I'm experiencing no negative effects so far and my digestion gets worse when I stop the supplementation.

Last edited:

Vinny

BearWithMe

Does Taurine have a negative effect on your libido?
My point was that if taurine causes poor erections without loss of libido, it might just be lowering Spondive's blood pressure too much trough diuresis (which is also congruent with ocular migraines)

Last edited:

Mauritio

I have actually found a while ago that taurine made eq better . Dont know if this is still the case as I just started taking it again for glycogen purposes.
Has anybody reported signs of increased glycogen storage ,like having to eat less frequently or not waking up with adrenaline symptoms ?