Anyone experience negative effects from stomatolgical local anesthesia?

Gustav3Y

I have a procedure yesterday where I felt something a bit not so good in the chest when I received local anesthesia, but it just 2 on a scale of up to 10.
Dentists said it is nothing, just panic, yet I was not panicking, just wanted to avoid any possible aggravation minutes later, so I mentioned it.
It was a tartar removal.
Now today I feel some decent chest pains, some worrisome.

Anyone felt anything like this after local anesthesia at the dentist?

Mary Lyn

I get bad reactions to locals if they have adrenaline included so ask for ones without. Last dentist did not believe me though and gave it to me with the result that I felt I was going to pass out with a heart rate of 120.

B

Blaze

I have a procedure yesterday where I felt something a bit not so good in the chest when I received local anesthesia, but it just 2 on a scale of up to 10.
Dentists said it is nothing, just panic, yet I was not panicking, just wanted to avoid any possible aggravation minutes later, so I mentioned it.
It was a tartar removal.
Now today I feel some decent chest pains, some worrisome.

Anyone felt anything like this after local anesthesia at the dentist?
What did they use? Novocaine? Have you ever reacted negatively to dental anesthesia before this? Hopefully all these symptoms will resolve for you once your body has completely eliminated the anesthesia. Or perhaps when they cleaned your teeth a sudden increase in bacteria the body had to deal with provoked the symptom. Looks like a day has already passed. You should have almost none left in your system. Hopefully you'll feel quite better soon. I bet you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

Gustav3Y

I do not know what they used, it was 4 injections in the jaw in the incisors area, 2 shots in the front and 2 in the back.
Seemed the kind of dentist that was not really into sharing much details, but then it is not really common around here to get such details.
Actually I even got a small hematoma in one of the injection spot towards the tongue, like 10mm diameter.

I might have reacted negatively before as far as I remember once it lasted for longer, I did not had many local anesthesia, usually I just took the massive pains, but got sick of those.

I took a bit of Glycine that time and I had some improvements without expectations to have any improvements.
I have also took a bit of Glycine and had saw a small improvement pretty quickly.

B

Blaze

I do not know what they used, it was 4 injections in the jaw in the incisors area, 2 shots in the front and 2 in the back.
Seemed the kind of dentist that was not really into sharing much details, but then it is not really common around here to get such details.
Actually I even got a small hematoma in one of the injection spot towards the tongue, like 10mm diameter.

I might have reacted negatively before as far as I remember once it lasted for longer, I did not had many local anesthesia, usually I just took the massive pains, but got sick of those.

I took a bit of Glycine that time and I had some improvements without expectations to have any improvements.
I have also took a bit of Glycine and had saw a small improvement pretty quickly.
Probably novocaine or something similar then. Don't worry, it has a short half life and you seem to be on the mend. In the future whether they want to share or not.....tell them you need to know what they are going to put in your body. That way, if you have a bad reaction you know to keep away from it and don't repeat the same mistake.