Anyone Else Think About This? (Talking Heads - Seen And Not Seen)

skittles

Lyrics:
He would see faces in movies, on TV, in magazines, and in books
He thought that some of these faces might be right for him
And through the years, by keeping an ideal facial structure fixed in his mind
Or somewhere in the back of his mind
That he might, by force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal
The change would be very subtle
It might take ten years or so
Gradually his face would change its shape
A more hooked nose
Wider, thinner lips
Beady eyes
A larger forehead

He imagined that this was an ability he shared with most people
They had also molded their faces according to some ideal
Maybe they imagined that their new face would better suit their personality
Or maybe they imagined that their personality would be forced to change to fit the new appearance
This is why first impressions are often correct
Although some people might have made mistakes
They may have arrived at an appearance that bears no relationship to them
They may have picked an ideal appearance based on some childish whim, or momentary impulse
Some may have gotten halfway there
And then changed their minds
He wonders if he too might have made a similar mistake

Ignoramus

Sorry for the crazy bump!

I've been doing this for years! I am certain that my form changes slowly to reflect my internal state, and that by yearning for a specific state I can slowly change my appearance; form following function and all of that.

I think this also explains my extreme physical attraction (not necessarily sexual) to people who I wanted to be/look more like. Now that I have changed a certain amount by figuring our their perspective/state for myself, I find myself to be drawn more to other, more novel features. I presume people with similar 'inverse' traits to my own are likewise attracted to me for the same/opposite reason. If you imagine human stats as if they were video game characters, I believe my inductive reasoning and visual acuity traits were maxed out (giving me a dominant eye region, sloped forehead and small mandible) at a really young age, and I was heavily drawn to phenotypes that reflected my 'weak spots' (high empathy/social skills; wide eyes and flat/protruding foreheads); these people also seemed drawn to me. I guess if two such people mated then their offspring might have a greater chance to be born with some favourable amalgam of traits.

M1KegId

qV6bifD.jpeg

For example if I look at this face and try to empathise with him and imagine his internal state I feel very calm and good; my forehead relaxes and I feel more confident/low-inhibition. I think I need to become more like this individual to achieve good health and well-being for myself. Others might not feel 'attracted' to him; they feel they cannot improve by understanding his state, or that they already understand it and it doesn't serve them.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals