Anyone Else Still A Fan Of Bright Light?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

superhuman

Im gonna jump on this light therapy because this is the only thing i havent tried in terms of solving my low temp pulse which mostly manifest itself in water retention in lower body but also in general. I was wondering what type to buy since there seem to be a few options now in the Peat camp. So for my problem but also what will give me the most benefit. I love here up in North/Scandinavia.
So which one will be the best for "light therapy". Vitamin D lamp?, The 250W bulb reay peat talk about, Red Light from redlightman ?

Thanx

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Im gonna jump on this light therapy because this is the only thing i havent tried in terms of solving my low temp pulse which mostly manifest itself in water retention in lower body but also in general. I was wondering what type to buy since there seem to be a few options now in the Peat camp. So for my problem but also what will give me the most benefit. I love here up in North/Scandinavia.
So which one will be the best for "light therapy". Vitamin D lamp?, The 250W bulb reay peat talk about, Red Light from redlightman ?

Thanx

Im using the therebulb which is congruent to the rubyux. It is a 250w incandescent bulb in a 700nm wavelength so it is fairly infared which imo is not ideal but it is muc more affordable than red light man and I don't ahve to hold it or anything and can jsut elave it on whenever im in my room...

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

superhuman

I bought two of these set-ups:
RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared Individual Bulb
Brooder Clamp Lamp w/Bulb Guard & 10-1/2 Inch Reflector

very inexpensive but good.

Are this the same as using the red light therapy from red light man? can one buy something that are inexpensive that will do that?

And is it optimal to use red light therapy and also use bright light like the 250 W lamps RP talks about as well ?

superhuman

Im using the therebulb which is congruent to the rubyux. It is a 250w incandescent bulb in a 700nm wavelength so it is fairly infared which imo is not ideal but it is muc more affordable than red light man and I don't ahve to hold it or anything and can jsut elave it on whenever im in my room...

Hmm. So for me to start getting the benefit of light therapy which one do you suggest of all the following. 250W heat bulbs, 500W Halogen, Red light bulb? dammit so much new information on a topic i havent really dived into

Waynish

Anyone who goes to the beach or lives in a warm climate and enjoys it is a fan - right?! A lot of this talk of lighting is to mimic the sun's high output - whether including or excluding the higher frequencies - right?

x-ray peat

I prefer these ones Infrared Light Therapy RubyLux NIR-A Discounted for Cosmetic Defect- 3-PACK! | eBay

they are actually red coated and don't give off much wasteful heat at all.... Ray Peat doesnt use red bulbs because they give him headaches but they don't bother me apart from the intense buzz I get off them if I am sitting in front of them too long....
FYI just noticed this on the link you gave
"Use the bulb for 15 to 20 minutes per session. Do not exceed three sessions per day. Overuse will produce no additional benefit. "

x-ray peat

Hmm. So for me to start getting the benefit of light therapy which one do you suggest of all the following. 250W heat bulbs, 500W Halogen, Red light bulb? dammit so much new information on a topic i havent really dived into
I know the shear amount of info is crazy. From what I gather redlight in the 620-660 nm range is safer than near infrared ~850 nm. This was recommended to me Amazon.com : ABI 12W Deep Red 660nm LED Bloom Booster Grow Light Bulb for Flowering and Spectrum Enhancement : Patio, Lawn & Garden and I have it on order. I think you can also safely use a high wattage incandescent for general healing as long as you dont get too close to it and really feel the heat.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

FYI just noticed this on the link you gave
"Use the bulb for 15 to 20 minutes per session. Do not exceed three sessions per day. Overuse will produce no additional benefit. "

Well yeah, that is probably all you need. But I can definitely feel a difference the more I use it so there.

superhuman

I know the shear amount of info is crazy. From what I gather redlight in the 620-660 nm range is safer than near infrared ~850 nm. This was recommended to me Amazon.com : ABI 12W Deep Red 660nm LED Bloom Booster Grow Light Bulb for Flowering and Spectrum Enhancement : Patio, Lawn & Garden and I have it on order. I think you can also safely use a high wattage incandescent for general healing as long as you dont get too close to it and really feel the heat.

Thanx. That is just for general therapy of a couple of minutes a day? what about the "light therapy" RP talks about in terms of the 250W light bulbs? what category does that fall under ? the same as this red light led bulb ?

x-ray peat

Thanx. That is just for general therapy of a couple of minutes a day? what about the "light therapy" RP talks about in terms of the 250W light bulbs? what category does that fall under ? the same as this red light led bulb ?
I plan on using the 660 nm led bulb for maybe 30-60 secs 3x per day 3x per week in various spots, right up against skin. It activates mitochodria and increases healing. I stopped using my 250 W heating lamp because I think it gives off too much heat i.e infrared. I got a 300 w incandescent from GE that I use over my head for general lighting. I think RP just uses several clear glass incadescents but far enough away so that they dont heat him up. Others may know more as Im just getting into red light therapy.

superhuman

I plan on using the 660 nm led bulb for maybe 30-60 secs 3x per day 3x per week in various spots, right up against skin. It activates mitochodria and increases healing. I stopped using my 250 W heating lamp because I think it gives off too much heat i.e infrared. I got a 300 w incandescent from GE that I use over my head for general lighting. I think RP just uses several clear glass incadescents but far enough away so that they dont heat him up. Others may know more as Im just getting into red light therapy.

Cool. Hmm maybe i should for for such a device, how is that compared to the Red Light Man products? and they also have so many different ones. I also need it shipped to Norway :D

x-ray peat

Cool. Hmm maybe i should for for such a device, how is that compared to the Red Light Man products? and they also have so many different ones. I also need it shipped to Norway :D
I think @ecstatichamster recommends redlightman mini-led. I am not sure what makes his better than the one I linked to above for $20 bucks. I think you get to pick a better wavelength 670 or 620 vs 660 but I think 660 is good enough as I'm sure there is a spread that covers more wavelengths. Check amazon to see if they ship international

superhuman

I think @ecstatichamster recommends redlightman mini-led. I am not sure what makes his better than the one I linked to above for $15 bucks. I think you get to pick a better wavelength 670 or 620 vs 660 but I think 660 is good enough as I'm sure there is a spread that covers more wavelengths. Check amazon to see if they ship international

Get you. That one is out of stock ofc

I think @ecstatichamster recommends redlightman mini-led. I am not sure what makes his better than the one I linked to above for $20 bucks. I think you get to pick a better wavelength 670 or 620 vs 660 but I think 660 is good enough as I'm sure there is a spread that covers more wavelengths. Check amazon to see if they ship international
No the full redlightman red light. Full size.

x-ray peat

No the full redlightman red light. Full size.
see I knew you were brave. That's a lot of light for the jewels :)

Amazon they dont ship to Norway.
Thats red man mini 670 not the standard which uses lower range
redlightman has lots of info/articles on which wavelengths is best for what. For me I feel more comfortable with the less penetrating 660 nm but others have been using the 850 nm successfully too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals