Anyone Else Still A Fan Of Bright Light?

sladerunner69

I haven't seen many threads on the subject lately, how significant a role does bright light really play in the broader scope of Dr. Peat's energy/metabolism research? Could metabolism be boosted enough through foods, vitamins, supplements, coffees? Or is bright light irreplacable.

Are many users on board with sitting in front a incandescent/halogen bulb naked mutiple times a day?

When I sit in front of my bulbs I definitely feel a calming revitilizing effect. Sometimes I will even sleep with them on, but Im not certain it is wise of me to recommend that.

What kinds of lamps are we all purchasing? Are the 250w incandesent heat bulbs at do-it center sufficent? I know they are not optimal because they give off a lot of heat, but are they bright enough to have some benefit?

I was also digging back into the debate between halogen vs incandescent. It looks like halogens are actually in a better wavelength, as they are more towards the red spectrum, and are brighter with less wattage. Why arent we all just using halogens?

TheHound

for sure. I can't go without a 250w incandescent during the winter months

x-ray peat

I have a 250 W brooder at my desk. I have noticed an increased heart rate, from 55 to 75 and better energy. I also think that my hair has stopped thinning somewhat. Much less hair in the shower drain.

ReSTART

I have a 250 W brooder at my desk. I have noticed an increased heart rate, from 55 to 75 and better energy. I also think that my hair has stopped thinning somewhat. Much less hair in the shower drain.

55bpm? Ouch. Hope you get better.

PhilParma

Shining a 100W incandescent light close to my skin for 30-60 minutes per day is making me hungrier and better allowing me to handle more carbs, which is a good thing because I'm underweight. I live north of the 45th parallel so the light situation is terrible. I'm going to get a decent light setup and experiment with it this winter. The effects that even just 100W of light has on me is starting to make me think that all of my past experimentation with supplements has been a waste.

M

marikay

Hi.

I use three 250 watt incandescent clear bulbs with a 130 v reading that I use in a 120 v floor lamp with three sockets. I only use them from November through February. (I'm in Southern California.) I lay under the lights for a few minutes in the early morning and thirty or so minutes as the sun sets. I also use them when feeling sick (sore throat etc..).

The 130 v in a 120 lamp gives off less heat than the 120v bulbs do and supposedly gives off more red spectrum.

I think they work great. But I do need to keep the calories up while using them. Sugar is important. Also notice a need for more vitamin D.

m

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm still a fan too. Currently using a 500 watt halogen as much as possible.

DaveFoster

I look at supplements in terms of their liquidity.

If you mess up with T4, it takes about a month to recover.

T3 takes 2-3 days.

Aspirin takes between 8 hours for acute symptoms, and a few weeks if you develop an ulcer.

Caffeine takes about 12-18 hours.

Methylene blue takes about 8-20hours to recover from high BP land depending on the dosage.

Red light takes about a minute if you get hyperthyroid; just turn off the lights.

cdg

I haven't seen many threads on the subject lately, how significant a role does bright light really play in the broader scope of Dr. Peat's energy/metabolism research? Could metabolism be boosted enough through foods, vitamins, supplements, coffees? Or is bright light irreplacable.

Are many users on board with sitting in front a incandescent/halogen bulb naked mutiple times a day?

When I sit in front of my bulbs I definitely feel a calming revitilizing effect. Sometimes I will even sleep with them on, but Im not certain it is wise of me to recommend that.

What kinds of lamps are we all purchasing? Are the 250w incandesent heat bulbs at do-it center sufficent? I know they are not optimal because they give off a lot of heat, but are they bright enough to have some benefit?

I was also digging back into the debate between halogen vs incandescent. It looks like halogens are actually in a better wavelength, as they are more towards the red spectrum, and are brighter with less wattage. Why arent we all just using halogens?

Have started recently - Yes they do relax me too. Think they are very important - think Ray mentioned ideally we should get 15 hrs of day light. He is spot on at least for me. However, I do wear yellow glasses in the eveing but keep the brightness up.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I look at supplements in terms of their liquidity.

If you mess up with T4, it takes about a month to recover.

T3 takes 2-3 days.

Aspirin takes between 8 hours for acute symptoms, and a few weeks if you develop an ulcer.

Caffeine takes about 12-18 hours.

Methylene blue takes about 8-20hours to recover from high BP land depending on the dosage.

Red light takes about a minute if you get hyperthyroid; just turn off the lights.

You really beleive it only take 12-18 hours to kick a caffiene dependence? Seems much longer to me. What about pregnenlone and dhea? Those certainly bear some dependency concerns, as when I am using them I always wake up in a dizzy fog until I dose them.

Constatine

I have not yet bought a red light but I have been doing regular full body sun exposure for years and I cannot go without it. If I do my energy levels plummet. Can anyone recommend a good red light product?

Adrian

Incandescent lamps have a spectrum more red with respect to halogens, you can see in the light reflected in a CD, it is also good to use a lamp of much power and dimerize it by lowering the power in half and increase the percentage of colors Red, but always better with non-halogen incandescent lamps that continue to emit much blue.
Now I am in summer so I do not use them often but last winter I use it a lot and with 250W it really raises the metabolism, about thyroid, belly, feet and hands.

Last edited:

Sucrates

"Old observations such as Warburg’s, that visible light can restore the activity of the “respiratory pigments,” showed without doubt that visible light is biochemically active. By the 1960s, several studies had been published showing the inhibition of respiratory enzymes by blue light, and their activation by red light. The problem to be explained is why the science culture simply couldn’t accept crucial facts of that sort.)"

The ability to photo-dissociate nitric oxide from cytochrome c oxidase makes red and near infrared irreplaceable. I usually use 500W heat lamps. I must get some strong red LEDs.

PhilParma

I just received a light from Red Light Man today. I've only used it once, but my resting pulse was 90 bpm directly after use. My resting pulse is usually 60-65, maybe low 70's after bag breathing, and it can dip as low as the mid 50's.

DaveFoster

You really beleive it only take 12-18 hours to kick a caffiene dependence? Seems much longer to me. What about pregnenlone and dhea? Those certainly bear some dependency concerns, as when I am using them I always wake up in a dizzy fog until I dose them.
12-18 hours if you dose too high I mean.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals